MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ian Lim

KUL 14R 2009

Vernon, imagine yourself addicted to KonLoMee specials but never put on weight. I am sure your friends around will envy you :rofl:

But alas, I am addicted to the REAL KonLoMee too.

See you again soon!

Addiction to noodles : tell me about it. When I used to stay in BKK, the first thing I do when I return to Singapore is to rush to a stall near my apartment for a bowl of dried spicy noodle - even if it is past midnight.

We were indeed very lucky to be able to keep clicking enroute from the Tiger Airways flight all the way to the international arrival hall and along its corridor. Perhaps the security was even proud to see us paying so much attention to this special plane. We certainly had our cameras in our hands with no attempt to appear stealthy . . . that perhaps made our good intention clear.

Anyhow, the B77W of KLM in Skyteam livery was a highlight . . . but during out time at the weather station, I must admit that the true "stars" were the B737-400s of MAS that unfailingly rotated in front of us in beautiful sunshine. It was a pity that all the AirAsia planes took turns taking off from the intersections and therefore were nowhere close to rotation when they passed by. SilkAir's A320 was the only other plane to rotate in front of us.

Chaity and Yong took great care of us and all of us had a great time. I am still busy processing pictures from our outing in KUL.

KC Sim

the B77W of KLM in Skyteam livery was a highlight...

KC Sim

1 hour and 15mins to go, before she sets foot on Changi's soil (09/09/09)... ;)

Hope you can get her in good light conditions... :pardon:

Thought the delayed EgyptAir would depart at 1230,

so was there from 1200, only left at 1300 when received

news she'd delay further... :(

So only this caught before I left...

3914582865_33e873c388_o.jpg

Oh yaa... my partner-in-crime today...

3914583295_c7f1a8533a_o.jpg

Uncle Norman,great shots of the SIA in Star Alliance livery :)

Ian,luckily you wasn't there,if not,the cicak will be your 'toy' of the day :p

Edited by Li Ren

Three guys again from Singapore with only hand luggage. This time around, 'shooting' at weather station...

120909MisKCVer2.jpg

120909MisKCVer3.jpg

120909MisKCVer.jpg

See you guys again soon! :drinks:

Sir Norman,

SA SIA.. Why SIA stop sending their 777 to perth!!? <_<

And the lizard? with Curry Twisties?? :rofl:

Thanks KS, for your kind hospitality and for making the day so enjoyable.

Weren't you supposed to be photographing planes with your huge new lens? I did not know that you had a series of pictures showing all three of us cooking on the hillock. Indeed, we were grilled to different degrees . . . Mischa minus the Asian skin pigments was just like a cooked lobster and tinted in shades of bright bandung pink and burnt orange. Vernon was still showing signs of the previous week's cooking session and I am eternally burnt - so not much visible difference.

The traffic on 12 Sep was very different from just a week earlier on 5 Sep. While MH's widebody traffic departing KUL was noticeably absent on 5 sep, they were plentiful on 12 Sep. And in the afternoon of 12 Sep, the number of B737-400s departing on 14R seems noticeably fewer than the week before. All in all, a great day that began with Bank Rakyat A320 and we were especially happy with Gulfair's B77W in beautiful light from the lakeside and 9M-XAB and EP-IAA from the end of 14R.

BTW, when walking from gate F53 (where our Tiger AW flight parked) to the international arrival hall, we were once again able to photograph AirAsia X's A340-300 9M-XAB. The security seems somewhat more relaxed this fortnight. Will process and post some pics later.

KC Sim

I was holding a loaner of an oversized bridge camera that has an equivalant of 430mm in 35mm, so i just swinged by 14R and by luck saw Thai's Pencil taxing to the runway. So i drove to the ladang entrance, stopped, composed my picture and here it is:

flyingpencil.jpg

Power shot! :good: Pity those fences are in your way, huh?

I dont mind the fence - it reminds me the powerful beast is still manageable by people in power - pilots etc ;D

also talking about 14R - i saw the parked Air Atlantic Icelandic now in - wait for it - both MAS engineering and SAS engineering.

Anyone has any idea what is being done?

Got this last week when BVD made her 3rd appearance :rolleyes:

Engine cone still blue in color :good:

PHBVDh1w.jpg

Edited by Chaity

Great rotation/nose-shot, bro !!! :good:

She's presently doing a South-American and an African stint and won't be back to Asia for the time-being... :(

Thanks Pieter. :drinks:

Out topic ..... :sorry:

I have a question to ask. :help:

I notice that all KLM planes have this little wording printed on the front gear covers.

For BVD, it has VD-028, BVA has VA-026 on top of ETOPS wording.

It looks like a kind of serial number.

VD should be the rego but may I know what those numbers following are denoting ? :mellow:

Thank you, Simon. :drinks:

While looking thru my photos taken 21/9, see what I found ..... :rolleyes:

No wonder couldn't find her in the open tarmac last week. :p

9VSRA2.jpg

I have a question to ask. :help:

I notice that all KLM planes have this little wording printed on the front gear covers.

For BVD, it has VD-028, BVA has VA-026 on top of ETOPS wording.

It looks like a kind of serial number.

VD should be the rego but may I know what those numbers following are denoting ? :mellow:

It's a maintenance-sequence number; KZA-001, KZB-002, etc...

All KLM and Martinair planes have these on the nosewheel doors... :pardon:

Friend of mine texted me, QF32 operated by a A380-made a stop in KUL, just took off 10 minutes ago i think. Arghh, why did i not wake up earlier hehehe.

Edited by Walter Sim

Friend of mine texted me, QF32 operated by a A380-made a stop in KUL, just took off 10 minutes ago i think. Arghh, why did i not wake up earlier hehehe.

Missed the Qantas A380, why not get Delta B757 this afternoon. Delta 6981 from Taipei ETA 1300.

Edited by MIR

Missed the Qantas A380, why not get Delta B757 this afternoon. Delta 6981 from Taipei ETA 1300.

Oops..sorry. The Delta is actually codesharing with China Airlnes. :sorry:

QF32 operated by a A380-made a stop in KUL

Weather related, or technical-, medical reasons ? :huh:

Weather related, or technical-, medical reasons ? :huh:

haven't got a clue myself, hopefully the guys from sin canclarify. However just around a week ago a few flights were diverted to kul due to weather. This one I'm not sure, weather this morning in kul was very good. Not too sure about changi though

Edited by Walter Sim