MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ian Lim

KUL 14R 2009

I think its the same 752 Shahril, it was parked inside the hangar yesterday. And then towed out and parked beside the Lion. Was hoping for it to depart but ....

DSC06193s800.jpg

Very sorry about the repetition but I am soooo excited after I caught her !!

DSC06216s800.jpg

Yess !! Finally, my first Air Mauritius !!

Edited by Loh Wilson

9M-AFA was involved in the ASEAN Day Celebration that Saturday, which explains the long turnaround time. Hon Kit caught it taxiing to the LCCT, and only leaving around 2-3 hours later.

Can see this page for a detailed writeup of the celebration where the plane flew CGK-KUL-BKK in the space of 2 days. Kenny Sia is one lucky guy!

http://www.kennysia.com/archives/2009/08/how-i-celebrate.php

Edited by Walter Sim

From the photo of Kenny Sia alongside the AK FAs,there's someone i knew (the 3rd FA from the left) :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the link to the blog,Walter.

IMO, AFA new livery is the ungliest among AK special :p :lol:

Couldnt agree more... Fugly! Fugly! :bad: Even the ugly Bank Rakyat spared better than this...

After a few months, Lion Air's B747-412 (ex.SIA 9V-SME & Oasis B-LFB) is still sitting in Sepang Aircraft Engineering. It has taken Lion Air forever to take delivery of the plane!

Any insight to this?? Lack of funds perhaps??

Edited by S V Choong

Some shots taken this afternoon. Single runway in use until 15.45. Traffic as usual.

1. Pitty those who took AK...Had to wait for this jellyfish to land...

Akwait4mas.jpg

2. White Merpati - PK-MDQ

MerpatiPK-MDQ-AllWhite.jpg

3. White AK - PK-AWS (Is she going to a new owner???)

WhiteAK.jpg

4. Sweet China - B-1838

ChinaSweet.jpg

5. KLM - PH-BVC

KLM77w.jpg

6. Truly ASEAN - 9M-AFA

AKAFA.jpg

7. Red Underwear - 9M-XAB

AK-XAB.jpg

8. Saudi Rotate - HZ-AIV

Saudi744.jpg

9. Kuwait Rotate - 9K-ANB

Kuwait343-1.jpg

10. The Old & The New 737

MASOldNew.jpg

PK-AWS is leased from AK. I think AK is on schedule to phase out all 733's by next year as the new A322's arrive to replace them.

Does anybody can confirm the DHL (i think) plane in the SAS hanger a B717?

I see a Trijet....and yellow, with a red logo.

should be 9M-TGH, 722F.

KUL - AK's strong hold now. 5 vs 1 indeed.

Ya, but because they still have not settle their debts with MAHB so all AK flights have to wait for just one MH. :p

Hello! everyone here, i don't know whether your guys or spotters notice are not, KLIA is very frequent to using the Mode B 14L AND 14R runway operations since start on June until august, and i had been do some research about this matters, in my research i notice that KLIA will be busy using their Mode B on June till september every year but Mode A 32L and 32R only use for several times. when after september then they will only slowly resume back in Mode A runway operations. because i stay at somewhere at cheras and i always able to spot the aircraft fly by in low altitude in my residents area during this 4 months on every year... but unfortunatly i don't have a very proffesional Camera to spot these metal birds..haiz..

Edited by Joseph Foong