MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ian Lim

KUL 14R 2009

it was a hazy and gloomy and dull afternoon in KUL on Friday (26/06/09).....

this fella rotate very early as if it is flying empty and yes, she definitely empty. she's on a rescue mission to KCH, as an MH A330 had a hydraulic failure upon landing in KCH earlier in the afternoon. she safely landed in KUL around 7pm or 8pm in the evening and among her passenger was my housemate.

IMG_9M-MLC.jpg

Here some question about this white bird...

On 18 Jul 09,,on afternoon saw "her" maneuver from cargo complex to end of taxiway and turn back to cargo complex..By 1410hr she ready for lineup at 14R..

The only thing in my mind..why all the MASKargo livery and logo been pasted/removed??could be end of lease term??

MH120818Jul09_005_07821_edited-1.jpg

She has long history in Malaysia soil...

MSN : 22304

LN : 502

First flight : Jan 24 1981

Fly with MH : Mar 12 1982 (Can somebody share with us,,why it took a year + before MH take the delivery??)

With MH as pax plane with 9M-MHI as B747-236B then transfer to MASkargo as 9M-MHI (Kuching) as B747-236B(SF) till Mar 05 and sold to FocusAir as N362FC...

Then with ABD (Air Atlanta Icelandic) as TF-AAB and join MASkargo since last year..so no idea where she will be after this....

very neat and nicely done livery... like it! Time to go spotting!

Agreed. Its time for the weather centre!

Probably BA was negotiating with Boeing or MH for MH to take delivery of the aircraft iso BA. Hence, 747-236 iso 747-2H6 - 2 digit Boeing customer code.

9M-AFA can get itself into a.net easily B)

Hon Kit,good catch of 9M-AFA.By the way,Silk Air rotate so early :) ??

Silk Air no business. Their business got snatched away.

Did anybody noticed that the Delta plane is back? Saw it parked next to Lion air's second 747 infront of hangar 6.

i THINK its a 767 winglet, but i may be wrong.

5970_138046301958_801996958_3197912_5453838_n.jpg

She blinked for awhile while being towed out.

She was parked on the other side, beside the mas plane. Then taxied and parked beside the Lion. Shahril, its a 757.

Edited by Walter Sim

Did anybody noticed that the Delta plane is back? Saw it parked next to Lion air's second 747 infront of hangar 6.

i THINK its a 767 winglet, but i may be wrong.