MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Isaac

Sultan Selangor Flew Singapore Airlines

Too young then to know about that but I do know he tried to flirt with a close relative on board MAS first class BKI-KUL by handing out wads of M$1000 notes.

Oh, I remember I still have one or two of those around... <_>

WHats the big fuss if Sultan travel via SQ or any other airline? Its his pasal la. Cant expect him to makan nasi lemak everyday? Free market lah friends.

Well, nothing of big fuss, so long as he doesn't set the precedent in doing so and others follow suit.

For some these head figures set the example and inspiration for others to follow.... What would that become in a bigger scale?

Edited by S V Choong

Too young then to know about that but I do know he tried to flirt with a close relative on board MAS first class BKI-KUL by handing out wads of M$1000 notes.

I think I saw on RTM news sometime last year the Sultan of Kelantan came back from a holiday abroad on board the BBJ. Perhaps the sultans can charter them?

You don't have to be a Sultan to charter a MAS plane, as long as got lots of $$$$$.

So entertaining................. :rofl:

Of course. What more can you expect, Datin Seri Rosmah flying to London on AirAsia X (not the XL seats)? :lol:

Of course. What more can you expect, Datin Seri Rosmah flying to London on AirAsia X (not the XL seats)? :lol:

Can she fit in a non-XL seat? :rolleyes:

WHats the big fuss if Sultan travel via SQ or any other airline? Its his pasal la. Cant expect him to makan nasi lemak everyday? Free market lah friends.

Aiya ... You totally missed the point. Nevermind, don't want to elaborate further. Sia takut ISA :lol: Later don't know kena tangkap pasal apa.

So entertaining................. :rofl:

You won't think it's funny if you get the point but obviously you don't. Anyway, don't bother to ask.

Oh, I remember I still have one or two of those around... <_>

Remember that too. But can you still exchange it at Bank Negara ?

Well, nothing of big fuss, so long as he doesn't set the precedent in doing so and others follow suit.

For some these head figures set the example and inspiration for others to follow.... What would that become in a bigger scale?

Yeah. They always tell us Malaysian to buy Malaysian and to support anything Malaysian. Just thought they should set an example as the heads of states or ministers :)

Can she fit in a non-XL seat? :rolleyes:

LOL

Edited by Isaac

Aiya ... You totally missed the point. Nevermind, don't want to elaborate further. Sia takut ISA :lol: Later don't know kena tangkap pasal apa.

I dont think so consumer rights. Maybe he got a discount from SQ hehe :drinks:

Remember that too. But can you still exchange it at Bank Negara ?

Doubt it, they have a grace period for exchanging but it was expired a long time ago. I think dad decided to keep it as sentimental value anyway.

I dont think so consumer rights. Maybe he got a discount from SQ hehe

May be he had to use the mileage from his previous flights with SQ or Star Alliance :p

at least taib mahmud has 9M ATM... <_<

the important matter is to be there safely...choosing either MAS or SIA is not a big issue

few years back tuanku sultan was among the passenger who trapped in MTB due to technical problem on aerotrain..he was on his way to changi and flew on MAS that time..he was transfered to satelite buiding by VIP vehicle

i wish speedy recovery for tuanku

Doubt it, they have a grace period for exchanging but it was expired a long time ago. I think dad decided to keep it as sentimental value anyway.

Sell it on e-bay might fetch a higher price.

Would you have any pics of those ?

And whatever happened to them ?

I really like to see those pics too. I heard Arkib Sabah still have some. I'm very interested to know the interior config of those planes.

Imagine those days owning a B707 is like owning an A380 today.

Have you heard stories like, the whole Sabah ran out of sugar, Tun M flew his 707 to Singapore to buy sugar. Or crave for some food & flew to Singapore or Hong Kong to tapau.

Have you heard stories like, the whole Sabah ran out of sugar, Tun M flew his 707 to Singapore to buy sugar. Or crave for some food & flew to Singapore or Hong Kong to tapau.

LOL ! Seriously ? I don't think he's popular with every Sabahan right ?

Yes, you can still exchange it at BNM, but I'd would rather not as its value far exceeds its face value these days. I believe some time ago when I last checked, it was going for RM3,500 or thereabouts, depending on condition (circulated or not), serial number. Of course things of sentimental value is priceless :)

May be they should start with disbanding the RMAF VIP wing (BBJ, 319, ERJ, F50) and travel on MH regular or chartered service like the British and Singapore.

:drinks:

nothing much to say, just ashamed with our sultan. for not flying national airline.

nothing much to say, just ashamed with our sultan. for not flying national airline.

Why must he fly on MAS? It's a personal trip, not an official visit to the US.

Then, all Sultans must drive a Proton or a Perodua too?

(But if some of you could recall, when the Johor Sultan stepped down from being the Agong, he used a BI 757 to fly back to Senai. Now that is very strange, and I noticed that there were very few photos of the plane at that time. Possibly the media wanted to avoid the obvious awkwardness and potential embarrassment. There was also some similar uneasiness when Lew Kuan Yew flew to Yangon on an official trip years ago, but using Royal Brunei again - the media avoided taking photos of the plane that brought him there.)

But if some of you could recall, when the Johor Sultan stepped down from being the Agong, he used a BI 757 to fly back to Senai.

Yes I recall that.

If you guys were asked to choose which way to fly, would you choose :

1, A seat

2. A suite

for a 21 hours flight.

That will explain why he choose what he choose.

If you guys were asked to choose which way to fly, would you choose :

1, A seat

2. A suite

for a 21 hours flight.

That will explain why he choose what he choose.

Well, to be fair. MAS do offer First Class to California too :lol:

But if i were to fly on a 21 hours flight myself, i would go for the cheapest option and i'm pretty sure SQ, TG and CX are going to be cheaper than MAS :finger:

Edited by Isaac

in reality for those working in KLIA/SQ staff - it been many years that Malaysian Royalties and even Ministers have flown SIA on numerous flights and they can offer any number of reasons if asked - but it can =t be denied that SQ is good airline with renowned inflight service - and being VIPs they can even look forward to being more served.

And you do know how big California is. And San Francisco is not exactly a 15-minute ride by car from LAX airport.

Can MH drop off the 'royalties' somewhere en-route before proceeding to the intended destinations? Like BI sometimes does.

Can MH drop off the 'royalties' somewhere en-route before proceeding to the intended destinations? Like BI sometimes does.

In the past MH used to, whereby the father (then, the Sultan) of a present Sultan was dropped off in San Francisco, before the flight proceeded to LAX. But not any more as MH is meant to be run as a commercial entity (and sometimes, the accountants went a bit too far, but that's a story for another day).

As for BI...well, that's why BI is in such a horrible financial state from day 1 until today. I heard of "unpaid bills of royalties".

In the past MH used to, whereby the father (then, the Sultan) of a present Sultan was dropped off in San Francisco, before the flight proceeded to LAX. But not any more as MH is meant to be run as a commercial entity (and sometimes, the accountants went a bit too far, but that's a story for another day).

It was mention by the MH Managing Director then (Tan Sri Aziz Abdul Rahman) in an interview in the Malaysian Business weekly sometime in 1990 or 1991.

Last few day I read a news report that MB of Selangor will pay a visit to Sultan Selangor in US...

Wonder,,did the MB of Selangor follow the same flight patten as Sultan??