MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Faizul M.

Doha Airport

Faizul & Fairul,

Great set of shots !!! :good: :pardon:

Hope you can also 'shoot me' when landing @ DOH in about 2 weeks (see siggy), or otherwise Imran @ DXB ? :pardon:

Nice shot from Doha guys... Keep it up and always be careful with the authority.. To Fairul need to blow the sensor mate... Got a lot of dust spots... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Fantastic pix guys, but do exercise EXTREME CAUTION when spotting, especially so in that part of the world.

Some acquaintances have been picked up and thrown into jail for 3-5 days for spotting in Qatar, and also in Bahrain.

thanks for the reminder bro...yeap..here the authority bit extreme...CCTV and signboards of no photography are placed at every corner of the perimeter fence... perhaps can get shot anytime...hehehe..but i can say that my place is pretty much safe (touch wood)...the only kind of harass that i get was " parey parey...what u doing?? " :p

Bro. Fairul, these photos taken from petrol station on the way to Al-Wakra... not suitable for morning spotting because sunrise from behind of the object... perhaps I can visit your place for good spotting…

nice photos bro!!! perhaps that place is perfect for late afternoon spotting..i see what i can do for you to come over to our camp...maybe a fake site id for u :p

here are some photos i took yesterday...hopefully no more dust this time around..very dusty here..

DSC_0026.jpg

A320

DSC_0042-1.jpg

A321

DSC_0066-1.jpg

another A321

DSC_0023.jpg

777LR

DSC_0033.jpg

777LR

Pieter,...I'll check the arrival time of the flight from FRA....perhaps u can get a visit visa? :)

Pieter,...I'll check the arrival time of the flight from FRA....perhaps u can get a visit visa? :)

DXB hotels way cheaper than DOH ones :sorry:

Next time, I might consider, though... :pardon:

Wow :clapping: Looks like QR now operates 772LR and 773ER (Correct me if i'm wrong here)

Wow :clapping: Looks like QR now operates 772LR and 773ER (Correct me if i'm wrong here)

Correct, and I will be on the 77L to IAH shortly :yahoo: :pardon:

77W operate into SIN and MNL AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong)

Correct, and I will be on the 77L to IAH shortly :yahoo: :pardon:

Looking forward for the TR!! :clapping: :drinks:

Eh Faizul....those are good stuffs man!! :drinks:

Thanks Azahan...

Few more pics taken on 16th May, was there to catch Pieter but really frustrated when he arrived little bit early... Weather not so good, wind 20mph & visibility only 3 miles + sandstorm.

DSC_5612.jpg

From Shanghai.

DSC_5625.jpg

Beijing.

DSC_5643.jpg

Osaka..

DSC_5657.jpg

Paris..

DSC_5670.jpg

Kuala Lumpur..

DSC_5685.jpg

Madrid..

DSC_5693.jpg

DSC_5704.jpg

Dammam..

DSC_5716.jpg

London..

DSC_5739.jpg

DSC_5747.jpg

Delhi..

DSC_5756.jpg

Faizul,

Love the BBB-shot: this beast flew us from IAH to DOH via Cincinatti, Halifax, Dublin, Amsterdam, Berlin, Ukraine, Samsun/Turkey, Baghdad and Basra between 33000-37000 feet :pardon:

some photo taken from yesterday session..morning ...0430 - 0730...very2 hot...

DSC_0090edited.jpg

DSC_0093edited.jpg

DSC_0084edited.jpg

DSC_0078edited.jpg

DSC_0111edited.jpg

DSC_0208edited.jpg

DSC_0236edited.jpg

DSC_0142edited.jpg

DSC_0150edited.jpg

DSC_0212edited.jpg

DSC_0244edited.jpg

Blue Skies OooooHHH~!!! Jealoouusss~!!!

Superb Quality. Best Best. :drinks:

Fairul,

Great shots - I know what you mean with very very hot :p

Results, nevertheless, very good :good:

I definitely like the 'new' QR colours better than the 'old' one...

Pieter in action.... DOH - FRA. :yahoo:

DSC_6180.jpg

DSC_6196.jpg

Holy Smokes, these action shots are awesome and sooooo crystal clear; unfortunately, I was seated on the right-hand side of the aircraft, so didn't spot you :sorry:

I salute you for withstanding the 41-degree temperature when we left (as announced by the crew)...

I know off topic a little but any tips on transitting in DOH?

Do not take pictures while disembarking or embarking the plane...you will be immediately summoned to stop by apron-staff...better wait till you're in the Terminal, where there are seats in the transit-hall overlooking the runway and opposite apron...during daytime it's fine to take pictures, but do this discretely...during the hours of darkness it's impossible, as too much reflection from the lights inside the Terminal...

Pieter in action.... DOH - FRA. :yahoo:

Perggghhhh.. Quality Shot. :drinks:

Do not take pictures while disembarking or embarking the plane...you will be immediately summoned to stop by apron-staff...better wait till you're in the Terminal, where there are seats in the transit-hall overlooking the runway and opposite apron...during daytime it's fine to take pictures, but do this discretely...during the hours of darkness it's impossible, as too much reflection from the lights inside the Terminal...

Many thanks Pieter. Handy hints. Can't afford to spend too much time by being questioned and ......in a country that I am on transit.

Edited by Desmond Loo

Thanks to LC...

QF6029 due to depart SIN today (6th June) at 0330LT (1930Z) for DOH on a soccer charter. The a/c being used is 763 VH-OGU

Liam...QF's 767 departed RWY 34 at 1315 local time on sunday ...wasn't able to spot the arrival of it since i was working that morning...thanks for the info

p/s: i did watch the scoreless match between Qatar and Australia on Jazeera Sports 2 B)

few photos from my spotting session last Friday...i think im addicted to it now... :lol:

DSC_0546edited-1.jpg

DSC_0538edited.jpg

DSC_0520edited.jpg

DSC_0501edited-1.jpg

DSC_0560edited-1.jpg

DSC_0598edited-1.jpg

Fairul,

Excellent selection of shots: something different than the usual Oryxes :pardon:

Like the GF shot, especially :good:

Found a couple of gloomy snapshots over the weekend..

QR-Emiri1.jpg

Qatar Airways (Emiri Flight) Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global Express and Airbus A320-232 (background)

IranAirB722.jpg

Iran Air B727-286