MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Faizul M.

Doha Airport

Been in Qatar for almost three years but I don’t have time to go anywhere because of workload, it was only four days off/month. Now, my workload drastically reduced after first world’s largest LNG train successfully started up last month and also because of global economic crisis, my employer try to reduce the overtime. S o I have four days off recently, it’s time for spotting.

First, I don’t know where the good places for spotting, local authority are very strict and I have to avoid them. To be safe, my first spotting location was in Family Park next to Doha airport together with my family…

Traffic flow very less, I spent almost 3 hours and the result is not good enough. Here are the pictures, I hope you all can give a comments/suggestions or tips.

DSC_3994.jpg

DSC_4147.jpg

DSC_4188.jpg

DSC_4228.jpg

DSC_4237.jpg

DSC_4287.jpg

DSC_4301.jpg

thanks...

Nice sharp image! Just wondering any problem with the local authorities while spotting?

sky so blue............ i like the qatari baby bus ....... thanks faizul for sharing from the land of the oryx :clapping: ...... hope to see more

Nice sharp image! Just wondering any problem with the local authorities while spotting?

I stopped my car before under glideslope watching planes landing.. after half an hour special army came and ask me what are the reasons for that. So better try to avoid them, because many of them can't speak English...

Yes, I think it is better for you to be safe than sorry. You will probably need to hang out more at the public park to get a better collection. The shots look good and thanks for sharing!

I like the banking shot of Delta Zulu and the no tail rotor MD Explorer :clapping: Nice catch of Dubai Air Wing B738 :good:

I stopped my car before under glideslope watching planes landing.. after half an hour special army came and ask me what are the reasons for that. So better try to avoid them, because many of them can't speak English...

Nice pics :clapping: btw, the army just let you off like that?

As this article mentioned:

When I first met Yeung, I asked him for the most important rule of planespotting: "Don't get arrested,"

:)

Thanks Yuh Loh for the link to the article. A good read.

Sharp pics, Faizul :good:

Got summore?

I like the banking shot of Delta Zulu and the no tail rotor MD Explorer :clapping: Nice catch of Dubai Air Wing B738 :good:

Thanks MIR, I don't have any idea about the chopper before..

Wow, Nikon D90.Thanks you Faizul for the excellent photos... :drinks:

Welcome Li Ren, yeah... D90..

Nice pics :clapping: btw, the army just let you off like that?

After few questions then they let me off simply like that... I was lucky because my children with me...

Sharp pics, Faizul :good:

Got summore?

Thanks Yusoff, few more will come...

Thx for sharing those pictures! Interesting shots :D

Thanks CB..

Wind direction from SE and runway 16 became active... :clapping:

Bravo Juliet and Bravo Hotel return after Powerboat Class 1 race completed.

DSC_4521.jpg

DSC_4531.jpg

Not sure from where, maybe I need a scanner...

DSC_4550.jpg

DSC_4561.jpg

DSC_4585.jpg

DSC_4588.jpg

Wow.... nice coverage Faizul... :clapping:

Sky so blue... plenty interesting traffic... & IL76!!..

Probably could move back a bit for the better side shots..

I see 135mm for the IL76... so move backward another 30-50ft

plus 200mm could get nicer side shots...

Salam bro..u spot from the park at the end of Corniche right? me and friends were there last Friday..but didnt bring our cameras along....have you try spotting at the Mobil Gas Station near Wakra.? very nice view of the planes approaching the runway...perhaps can meet up one day for spotting session :)

Probably could move back a bit for the better side shots..

I see 135mm for the IL76... so move backward another 30-50ft

plus 200mm could get nicer side shots...

Thanks bro, but if I move backward for 30-50ft... it will on the road :rolleyes: and that area also full with dates trees..

Faizul, nice shots in good weather and photos also sharp-sharp. :good:

Thanks Chaity..

Salam bro..u spot from the park at the end of Corniche right? me and friends were there last Friday..but didnt bring our cameras along....have you try spotting at the Mobil Gas Station near Wakra.? very nice view of the planes approaching the runway...perhaps can meet up one day for spotting session :)

Salam to you too bro. Fairul... take off shots were taken from family park just next to the airport and landing shots from the end of the Corniche. From Wakra, I think the planes are too high.. perhaps we can meet one day for spotting. Maybe you have another good spotting location?

Fantastic shots there Faizul

Lovely IL-76 there :good:

Hi Raj... thanks...

Here are another landing shots...

DSC_4598a.jpg

DSC_4601.jpg

DSC_4616.jpg

DSC_4633.jpg

DSC_4638.jpg

DSC_4649.jpg

DSC_4666.jpg

DSC_4670.jpg

DSC_4680.jpg

DSC_4696.jpg

DSC_4709.jpg

DSC_4728.jpg

Wah..Airbus dominates air traffic at Doha ! Nice gold-tint on the etihad :clapping: Great shots, Faizul :good:

Salam to you too bro. Fairul... take off shots were taken from family park just next to the airport and landing shots from the end of the Corniche. From Wakra, I think the planes are too high.. perhaps we can meet one day for spotting. Maybe you have another good spotting location?

Perhaps i can try and sneak to the park this Friday....hopefully the authority wont be noticing me since its a family day

the petrol station is not exactly in Wakra...its near the roundabout from the new airport to wakra...

if you come over to our site camp here at the new airport...its the perfect place to spot...maybe i can sneak u in one of these days ;)

anyway..just want to share with fellow MWingers...few shorts from RWY 34...took this from the new airport site camp...

p/s: just ignore the dusks. :sorry: ..i'll get it removed by this week hopefully

DSC_0214kecik.jpg

DSC_0173kecik.jpg

DSC_0190kecik.jpg

DSC_0150kecik.jpg

wow... T7, nice catch... noticed about old petrol station on the way to Al-Wakra... I'm planning for spotting this Monday from that petrol station, hopefully I can catch QR T7 also..

Fantastic pix guys, but do exercise EXTREME CAUTION when spotting, especially so in that part of the world.

Some acquaintances have been picked up and thrown into jail for 3-5 days for spotting in Qatar, and also in Bahrain.

Fantastic pix guys, but do exercise EXTREME CAUTION when spotting, especially so in that part of the world.

Some acquaintances have been picked up and thrown into jail for 3-5 days for spotting in Qatar, and also in Bahrain.

Imran, thanks for the advice... that's why I'm prefer spotting in public area with my family, at least I have a good excuse...

Here are few photos taken this morning.

Bro. Fairul, these photos taken from petrol station on the way to Al-Wakra... not suitable for morning spotting because sunrise from behind of the object... perhaps I can visit your place for good spotting…

DSC_5098.jpg

DSC_5125.jpg

DSC_5149.jpg

DSC_5174.jpg

DSC_5205.jpg

DSC_5222.jpg

DSC_5249.jpg

DSC_5274.jpg

DSC_5287.jpg

DSC_5296.jpg

DSC_5310.jpg

DSC_5335.jpg