MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

Deployment of MH's 738

TPE? TPE?! I will be travelling there next month. I was already unhappy with the 737-400 shown in the itinerary but now changed to the lousy dark and gloomy LCC-like 737-800?? Geramnya aku! My previous trips with it still haunts me like a bad nightmare

Correction! Received a call from company - Do I mind travelling to TPE by Eva Air next month? Due to change in schedule yet again, but who is complaining?

BR uses A330-200 for this route, with AVOD it seems. I would choose 330 over 737, 33' pitch over 30' (?29')pitch seat, AVOD over nothing and calm colours over dark blue LCC leather, and very likely more generous food portion anytime....ANYTIME!

The call made my day but had me pontificating in melancholy - would I even dare to compare BR against MH years ago? How low will 'I'/ MH degenerate further? Scary.

Edited by V Wong

A B738 made a visit to MYY today. I do not know which aircraft, but it operated MH2592/3. Probably a one off flight?

Regards

Steve

would I even dare to compare BR against MH years ago? How low will 'I'/ MH degenerate further? Scary.

I would prefer MH way over BR over so many things, but if you are looking at 737 vs 332, of course 332 anytime.

I would prefer MH way over BR over so many things, but if you are looking at 737 vs 332, of course 332 anytime.

Heard BR is seriously underrated while MAS is vastly overrated ;) Anyway, have also heard the inflight service on CI is better than BR (both are Taiwanese Carriers, don't be fooled by its name "China Airlines" as it has nothing to do with China). The thing is that not everyone has the gut to fly on CI :lol:

Heard BR is seriously underrated while MAS is vastly overrated ;) Anyway, have also heard the inflight service on CI is better than BR (both are Taiwanese Carriers, don't be fooled by its name "China Airlines" as it has nothing to do with China). The thing is that not everyone has the gut to fly on CI :lol:

No, no seriously, I flew on both business class same route(LAX-TPE), gosh, I'll die to fly on MH than BR. MH

For KUL-TPE, PTV n newer plane on BR would make the flight more enjoyable.

AFAIK, BR crews are not as top as MH.

Edited by Seth K

The twice weekly MH366/MH367 nonstop to/from TPE will be temporary replaced by 333 between 4 Aug 09 - 27 Aug 09.

The latest MH inflight mag revealed that MH's own 738 will come with PTV in business class. Not that it is a very reliable source of info, but a very good indication nevertheless. Hope it is like what Jet 9W's offering on their int'l 738s.

On a side note 9M-MLB was sighted in BKI today by a fellow Mwinger (check BKI '09 thread). I thought that was not the original plan. Anyway hope that this is a sign that MH had decided to put some of the B738 on BKI run.