MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

Deployment of MH's 738

In one of the other threads, it was suggested that 9M-MLC may be brought into active service.

That makes 3 738s in action/ available

I know that one 738 does the morning daily BKK run, followed by the daily DPS run in the afternoon/ evening. These two destinations are serviced by just one 738.

Where else are the other leased 738s deployed to on a scheduled basis over the next month or so?

Edited by Mushrif A

I know that one 738 does the morning daily BKK run, followed by the daily DPS run in the afternoon/ evening. These two destinations are serviced by just one 738.

So the 738 spends only 10 hours up in the skies eh ? I thought MAS policy now is to maximize the aircraft utilization rate ? 10 hours seem a bit too generous.

I note an interesting flight that will commence in 15 June:

To Darwin (DRW)

0725* KUL 1020* MH137 738 CY

Thought it was quietly cancel two or three months ago ? Maybe MAS IT department guy hasn't updated the flight schedule.

I thought Darwin was dropped too. But it is still on the MH timetables...

I also wonder if Captn Radzi will be flying one of these new birds and how they are to fly compared to the outgoing B734's.

You can check the B738 flights at the timetable section of MH website: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/bkin...-timetable.aspx

To Darwin (DRW)

The e-timetable is useless. It doesn't give you exact a/c type deployed, especially when only EQV is stated. And as somebody said, DRW is not even on the list of destinations which one can purchase tickets to.

The only way to find the scheduled aircraft type with some high degree of certainty is to make bookings. But I cant seem to establish where the other 2 738s are deployed to, apart from daily BKK, daily DPS (one aircraft) and also just discovered that it also services the KMG run (leaves at 9:30 and back at 17:45.) 3x / wk.

Any domestic destinations?

Edited by Mushrif A

Capt radzi is flying the stick now!

Well, not exactly. I am in transition to fly the sidestick; will take a few more months before I take to the air again.

Well, not exactly. I am in transition to fly the sidestick; will take a few more months before I take to the air again.

Does that mean going first to A333 and then onto A388 when it arrives?

You can check the B738 flights at the timetable section of MH website: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/bkin...-timetable.aspx

To Darwin (DRW)

The e-timetable is useless. It doesn't give you exact a/c type deployed, especially when only EQV is stated. And as somebody said, DRW is not even on the list of destinations which one can purchase tickets to.

Agreed that the so called 'online' timetable (and its downloadable pdf version) is incorrect. Almost all the new changes in the next couple of months have yet to be reflected by this timetable, which supposed to valid until 24 October 2009 - Darwin and Macau are still there but they can't be booked online, AMS changes to B772 from B744 and frequency reduction, KUL-SYD-BNE-KUL turns 5 weekly, NRT frequency reduction, CDG frequency reduction and ICN frequency reduction for instance, are not rectified accordingly.

This personal blog http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/search/la...ysia%20Airlines which belongs to a well known aviation enthusiast seems more updated than the MH's online timetable. What a shame!

The A.Net community has concluded that MH will not start DRW early this year after the go, then no go, then go, then no go again rumours, now it ended in silence. There is no announcement as well of the suspension/termination of MFM.

A real shame that we can't get information from the horse's mouth but have to rely on "rumours" instead. MH's Marcom department needs to wake up!

Well, the information from that blog was based on information from booking engines like GDS, Amadeus and such, so they are not exactly 'rumours'.

Well, the information from that blog was based on information from booking engines like GDS, Amadeus and such, so they are not exactly 'rumours'.

Yes, you are right, of course! What I should have said is "unofficial sources", since MH is not exactly generous with the correct and up to date information on their official website.

Edited by flee

So the 738 spends only 10 hours up in the skies eh ? I thought MAS policy now is to maximize the aircraft utilization rate ? 10 hours seem a bit too generous.

Maybe this is part of service recovery.

Agreed that the so called 'online' timetable (and its downloadable pdf version) is incorrect. Almost all the new changes in the next couple of months have yet to be reflected by this timetable, which supposed to valid until 24 October 2009 - Darwin and Macau are still there but they can't be booked online, AMS changes to B772 from B744 and frequency reduction, KUL-SYD-BNE-KUL turns 5 weekly, NRT frequency reduction, CDG frequency reduction and ICN frequency reduction for instance, are not rectified accordingly.

This personal blog http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/search/la...ysia%20Airlines which belongs to a well known aviation enthusiast seems more updated than the MH's online timetable. What a shame!

The A.Net community has concluded that MH will not start DRW early this year after the go, then no go, then go, then no go again rumours, now it ended in silence. There is no announcement as well of the suspension/termination of MFM.

In the past I used to rely on the printed copy of timetable. My company used to get a copy when they were released. Too bad it's no longer updated accordingly. :(

Maybe this is part of service recovery.

Good one :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep those birds on ground as much as possible to minimize service recovery (or should that have been :( :( :( instead ?)

Is it just MH ? Is it just the 738 ?

First go at the 738, leases on the two birds terminated early (anyone remember the front end seating arrangement then ?)

This second go seem less than impressive so far

There should be some concern for that whole bunch that has been ordered for delivery next year :)

Edited by BC Tam

I am not sure when, but the updated timetable has been uploaded into MH's website. This timetable, which can be downloaded at http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en...able-May-09.pdf is for the period of 1 May - 24 October 2009. All the changes that I mentioned in my previous reply has been incorporated into the new schedule, DRW and MFM were no longer in it, BUT they included Kerteh (KTE), which is a Firefly operated flight and destination, into the timetable. This is quite a serious mistake as it states clearly in the timetable that the flight to KTE depart and arrive in KUL (instead of SZB), which can easily mislead those who are not fluent with the coordination of MH and FY flights. Why there must be a mistake in every issue of timetable? Or is there a Firefly operated flights into KTE from KUL that I am not aware of?

TPE

DPS

BKK

KMG

BLR

HYD

only these destination can be seen using the 738

no more 738 for domestic run...

Those are A330 routes, no? This means a downgrade?

BLR

HYD

I'll be happy if the B738 can take MAA and DAC too.

TPE

DPS

BKK

KMG

BLR

HYD

TPE? TPE?! I will be travelling there next month. I was already unhappy with the 737-400 shown in the itinerary but now changed to the lousy dark and gloomy LCC-like 737-800?? Geramnya aku! My previous trips with it still haunts me like a bad nightmare

I'll be happy if the B738 can take MAA and DAC too.

haha..i understand that captain! i hope all indian routes except BOM n DEL will be 738 operated flight. so no more indian turnaround flight for me too..hahaha

Don't worry. The range of the B738 is just nice for daily return trips; DEL and BOM is further away and require other aircraft type.

BTW the B738 is in the process of getting ETOPS approval. Don't think too much of the 3 leased aircraft, but more of the ones coming late next year. MH will have to get those right.

MAA and DAC?

the christmas route heh...

With the current economic situation, better to use smaller plane. Well, some people do mind about the size, but cost wise, it will save MH from bleeding badly!