MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Waiping

SIN - SYD options

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check what are the airlines currently serving this route. I have checked SIA but EK not serving this route.

Thanks. :)

Other options to Sydney from Sin city will be Qantas or British Airways.

Could try EK on SIN-MEL or SIN-BNE. Yes, EK does not fly to SYD from SIN.

Also Jetstar has SIN-DRW-SYD. It won't be much cheaper than the legacy carriers, but if you're feeling adventurous ;)

SIN-SYD used to be one of those routes where we had a plethora of airlines plying it. Now you are really limited to BA, QF and SQ. However among them, you have a total of no less than 7 daily flights between these 2 cities so you would be spoilt for choice frequency-wise, no?

Yes, EK does not fly to SYD from SIN.

EK used to fly between SIN/SYD using their 773 in 3-class. If my memory serves me correctly, the route was dropped when they started BKK/SYD using their spanking new 77W also offering 3-class service (EK 77W was brand new then and BKK/SYD were one of the very first cities to get it when they first introduced the type a few years back). Currently EK is still flying between BKK/SYD using their 77W on a daily basis.

Edited by Isaac

Hi guys,

Yeah, just checked and both SQ and QF almost the same price. Seems like BA code-share with QF on one of the available flight. TR and RBA not serving the route. Can't check Jetstar as seems got problem. MH...ouch!

I believe QF32 is also operated by A380.

You may fly one sector by QF & the other by BA. You may issue your tickets either by QF or BA documents.

(If want to experience variety & increase your "Number of Airline Flown" :D )

Does Gulf Air still ply SIN-SYDvv route?

Why not try SIN-xKUL-SYD by MH? Experience the services of the 'World's Best Cabin Staff'

(Perhaps cheaper than SQ or QF/BA)

How about SIN - MEL? MEL not exactly far from SYD, right?

I believe QF32 is also operated by A380.

You may fly one sector by QF & the other by BA. You may issue your tickets either by QF or BA documents.

(If want to experience variety & increase your "Number of Airline Flown" :D )

And if this is what you intend to do Waiping, try to book via www.ba.com. The ticket price on ba.com usually is a bit cheaper than QF site.

Why not try SIN-xKUL-SYD by MH? Experience the services of the 'World's Best Cabin Staff'

(Perhaps cheaper than SQ or QF/BA)

Perhaps Waiping has had enough of the so called 5-star carrier and decide to try something new ? Besides, i think it will be cheaper to transit via SIN, more options and nearer to BKI too :)

If you intend to fly ex-KUL can try out TG too. Its a little bit cheaper than MH, and you get to savour hot meals from KUL-BKK then BKK-SYD.

And if you're flying within this few months, got chance to ride on the A346, KUL-BKK.

EDIT: Just did a dummy booking at TG's website. I'm quite surprised to see how competitive their fare is. KUL-BKK-SYD-BKK-KUL the cheapest i could find is around 2.3k.

Edited by Walter Sim

If you are into some 'themes' for the trip, probably you could do an all A380 flights from SIN.

BKI-SIN with any carrier of your choice - MH, MI, 3K, TR

SIN-SYD with SQ A380

Now the interesting part, probably you could include a SYD-AKL-SYD on EK A380 too, as a side trip. Get to go to New Zealand!

SYD-SIN with QF A380

SIN-BKI with any carrier of your choice - MH, MI, 3K, TR

That's 4 flights on A380s on ALL 3 carriers in the world, which currently operating the aircraft. The EK's trans Tasman service is high on my to do list, either from BNE, SYD or MEL. This is of course, cost is not an issue.

However, if it does, probably you could check on www.expedia.com or any other online booking engine of the same, where a list of non stop, 1 stop, 2 stops, 3 stops and more will be listed out based on the cheapest to the most expensive. You could be surprised of the pairing too.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

Try Lion air 739to bali then fly Virgin Blue to Syd 738 it think if not just fly to bne with VB to syd with 737 738 e-170 or e190.

This is a good theme if you like to fly 737's or want to fly e170's/e190's :drinks:

Hi guys,

Thanks for the precious advice. As mentioned on another thread EK is having promo of SGD404 return SIN - MEL. Am considering using MEL as entry and departure point. Is it easy to move between MEL - SYD?

Perhaps Waiping has had enough of the so called 5-star carrier and decide to try something new ? Besides, i think it will be cheaper to transit via SIN, more options and nearer to BKI too :)

Hey I'll give any airlines a chance, but I hope they also give me a chance to fly them affordably. :p

If you intend to fly ex-KUL can try out TG too. Its a little bit cheaper than MH, and you get to savour hot meals from KUL-BKK then BKK-SYD.

And if you're flying within this few months, got chance to ride on the A346, KUL-BKK.

EDIT: Just did a dummy booking at TG's website. I'm quite surprised to see how competitive their fare is. KUL-BKK-SYD-BKK-KUL the cheapest i could find is around 2.3k.

I thought I'd try transit in SIN instead of KUL. Although I haven't checked on the flights, I think BKI - KUL would be rather expensive, and transit in KUL might be a bit boring to me. With loads of airlines serving BKI - SIN there should be plenty of seats at cheaper price.

If you are into some 'themes' for the trip, probably you could do an all A380 flights from SIN.

BKI-SIN with any carrier of your choice - MH, MI, 3K, TR

SIN-SYD with SQ A380

Now the interesting part, probably you could include a SYD-AKL-SYD on EK A380 too, as a side trip. Get to go to New Zealand!

SYD-SIN with QF A380

SIN-BKI with any carrier of your choice - MH, MI, 3K, TR

That's 4 flights on A380s on ALL 3 carriers in the world, which currently operating the aircraft. The EK's trans Tasman service is high on my to do list, either from BNE, SYD or MEL. This is of course, cost is not an issue.

However, if it does, probably you could check on www.expedia.com or any other online booking engine of the same, where a list of non stop, 1 stop, 2 stops, 3 stops and more will be listed out based on the cheapest to the most expensive. You could be surprised of the pairing too.

A lethal dose of A380 there, eh? Anyway, would have been great to travel on the A380, but price wise and the fact that I haven't tried EK before may prompt me to choose the latter.

MEL-SYD you have myriad of choices. Qantas and Virgin Blue. The latter offers more than 10+ flights per day!

Edited by Walter Sim

MEL-SYD you have myriad of choices. Qantas and Virgin Blue. The latter offers more than 10+ flights per day!

Jetstar as well, except they go from Sydney Kingsford Smith to Avalon only. Not Melbourne Tullamarine.

How about SIN - MEL? MEL not exactly far from SYD, right?

Approx. 1.5 hours of flight between MEL and SYD. MEL to SIN is served by EK on their 777-300 (non-ER) as well.

Jetstar as well, except they go from Sydney Kingsford Smith to Avalon only. Not Melbourne Tullamarine.

Approx. 1.5 hours of flight between MEL and SYD. MEL to SIN is served by EK on their 777-300 (non-ER) as well.

Checked Tiger as well but their cheapest flight happens to be first flight everyday, around 7am.

I know MI/SQ is having promotional fares ex-BKI to all their destinations up to Oct09 via all their appointed travel agents in Sabah.

In fact they ran several ads in local papers already.

BKI-SIN-SYD ret. starts from RM1088 (exclude tax & surcharges), and yes applicable on SQ221 & SQ222.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the precious advice. As mentioned on another thread EK is having promo of SGD404 return SIN - MEL. Am considering using MEL as entry and departure point. Is it easy to move between MEL - SYD?

You can also consider BNE as your entry and departure point (or both - flying into MEL and back from BNE). EK's promo fare to MEL has become very limited especially in early June. BNE on the other hand still has good availability. Also EK uses 777-300ER on the SIN-BNE route (MEL is served by the non-ER 773)

There are dozens of flights between SYD-BNE, and the fare is slightly cheaper than MEL-SYD (around A$85 o/w)

QF runs up to 30+ flights a day between MEL and SYD on a weekday whilst Virgin Blue goes up to 30 flights as well I think.

You can also consider BNE as your entry and departure point (or both - flying into MEL and back from BNE). EK's promo fare to MEL has become very limited especially in early June. BNE on the other hand still has good availability. Also EK uses 777-300ER on the SIN-BNE route (MEL is served by the non-ER 773)

There are dozens of flights between SYD-BNE, and the fare is slightly cheaper than MEL-SYD (around A$85 o/w)

It's heaps easier doing an international-domestic transfer at MEL than BNE. At MEL you can simply walk from one terminal to the other, whilst at BNE you'd require the Air Train.

Of course the easiest would be ADL which is simply one terminal for all flights, but the ex-SIN options are even more limited there than to MEL or SYD!

just did a MEL-SYD and SYD-Coolangata last week.

There is a flight MEL-SYD every 15 minutes during peak hours and tickets were about AUD160. Would have been cheaper had I booked earlier.

Was looking at SYD-BNE as alternative to Coolangata and tickets start at AUD80 or AUD100 (with luggage!)...

Sign in to follow this