MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia Flies To Taipei In July

April 23, 2009 19:27 PM

AirAsia Flies To Taipei In July

KUALA LUMPUR, April 23 (Bernama) -- Low cost airline AirAsia will fly to Taipei from July 1, with five direct flights weekly.

Attractive low fares, from RM101 one-way, are being offered for the new Kuala Lumpur-Taipei route. The booking period is from April 24 to May 3 for travel between July 1 and Jan 31, 2010.

The flights will be operated by AirAsia's long haul carrier affiliate, AirAsia X.

"Taipei is the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle to our oriental network strategy. We are extremely excited over the potential of this route," said AirAsia regional head of commercial, Kathleen Tan in a statement today.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v5/news_lite.php?id=406285

Wow, this is great. Now only if Air Asia X would fly between KUL/BKI :pardon: So who wants to fly that bloody 5-Star 738 to TPE in July ? DUH !

The flights will be operated by AirAsia's long haul carrier affiliate, AirAsia X.

"Taipei is the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle to our oriental network strategy. We are extremely excited over the potential of this route," said AirAsia regional head of commercial, Kathleen Tan in a statement today.

No more new destination in East Asia? :sorry:

:drinks:

No more new destination in East Asia? :sorry:

:drinks:

There goes Japan :(

Glad to hear about TPE, may be KUL>TPE>LAX soon :p

Anyone know what type of a/c they'll use on this?

Maybe the 2nd A343 coming on-line in July....Surely they can't sqeeze anymore hours out of their A333's.

Anyone know what type of a/c they'll use on this?

Maybe the 2nd A343 coming on-line in July....Surely they can't sqeeze anymore hours out of their A333's.

They have advertised that they are using "brand new" A333's in their Red Alert newsletter. My guess is that they might deploy the A343 to some of the PER flights and that will free the A333 for the TPE flights. Those trial flights earlier this year on XAB surely must have a purpose!

I suppose they want to capture the trans-pacific flights and using TPE as a hub for that purpose. It would have been better if they select Japan.

The KUL-NRT would give passengers better access points because all major N. American cities are served by NRT, including those mid-west cities such as Minneapolis, Detroit, St. Louis, O'Hare...all the way down south such as Dallas or Houston.

How is the load on MH flight for KUL - TPE? Actually if regarding transit point to Americas I thought HKG should be able to do the job if NRT is not available.

The A320 should be able to fly KUL - TPE, no?

Taipei is only 4 hours away from KL and i think the 32o's can do the job too. Personally I think taipei is more cost effective tahn any japenese city as far as catering, and other aviation charges are concerned. Alongside japan, it has one of the best cateirng quality available in the world,in my opinion.

You will get fllufy shiny and tasty buns! The rest of the food is also top marks.

Edited by jadivindra

MH uses a B744 for its direct flights and they take around 4 hrs 35 mins. They also have services via BKI using a B734 and the flights are nearly 7 hours. The D7 A333 flights are scheduled to take 5 hours.

D7 is finding negotiations with the Japanese authorities tough going and have given up on starting services to Japan this year. Japanese insist that D7 must use JAL/ANA ground services and that means it will be expensive. My guess is that if D7 is planning to go to the US, it will probably try to extend its London flights to New York.

Lets go Taiwan as there are many good stuff there e.g food, trendy attire,etc... Tour Taiwan 2009 :yahoo:

Food for sure. Mmmm beef noodle soup on Taoyuan St.

From a recent visit:

DSC02300.jpg

From Azran's FACEBOOK

Azran Osman-Rani Wow! Taipei's broken all records for most seats sold on first day - more than even London and Melbourne! Stinky taofu galore!

How is the load on MH flight for KUL - TPE? Actually if regarding transit point to Americas I thought HKG should be able to do the job if NRT is not available.

I believe both HKG and NRT would be too expensive.

The A320 should be able to fly KUL - TPE, no?

Yes it can. But according to someone Air Asia made it clear that AK will only fly to cities up to 4 hours from KUL and anywhere that is further than 4 hours will be flown by D7. Flight time to TPE should be around 4 hrs 30 min - 4 hrs 40 min, so D7 will be operating this flight.

MH uses a B744 for its direct flights and they take around 4 hrs 35 mins. They also have services via BKI using a B734 and the flights are nearly 7 hours. The D7 A333 flights are scheduled to take 5 hours.

Just to be clear, BKI to TPE takes about 3 hrs 30 min, KUL to BKI is around 2 hrs 30 min, transit in BKI for about an hour, so that make it 7 hours.

My guess is that if D7 is planning to go to the US, it will probably try to extend its London flights to New York.

Would be great if they can get it. SQ have been trying to get into the LHR/JFK market for god knows how long.

They have advertised that they are using "brand new" A333's in their Red Alert newsletter. My guess is that they might deploy the A343 to some of the PER flights and that will free the A333 for the TPE flights. Those trial flights earlier this year on XAB surely must have a purpose!

I believe the second 343 will be used exclusively for London and Tianjin route as shown by dummy booking.

Taipei is only 4 hours away from KL and i think the 32o's can do the job too. Personally I think taipei is more cost effective tahn any japenese city as far as catering, and other aviation charges are concerned. Alongside japan, it has one of the best cateirng quality available in the world,in my opinion.

You will get fllufy shiny and tasty buns! The rest of the food is also top marks.

I tried the fried rice last year when Capt. Radzi flew me and my wife back to BKI. :p and to be honest I still prefer the local ones. Not suited to my taste I guess, but the street snacks and "pasar malam" type shopping were great.

April 24, 2009 20:51 PM

20,000 Airasia KL-Taipei Seats Sold Out In 12 Hours

KUALA LUMPUR, April 24 (Bernama) -- AirAsia, the leading and largest low-cost carrier in Asia, has received good response for its latest route between Kuala Lumpur (KL) and Taipei with more than 20,000 seats snapped up in the first 12 hours.

Its regional head of commercial, Kathleen Tan, said it was the most successful route launched this year in terms of take-up within few hours of opening sale at 12am Friday.

"This is a clear signal of a strong and pent-up demand for the KL-Taipei route and a positive indication that regional markets in this part of the world are starving for low fares," she said in a statement.

Tan also said all the promotional fare seats of RM101 had been sold and feedback was received that some customers were facing problems while booking online due to congestion in the system.

"They will still be able to enjoy low fares from AirAsia," she said, adding that the new promotional low fare for the Kl-Taipei route was now starting from RM139.

Tan said the new route, being serviced by AirAsia's low-cost long-haul carrier affiliate AirAsia X, will begin on July 1 with five direct flights weekly.

AirAsia services an extensive network with 122 routes covering more than 65 destinations.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=406629

Checked the return price between KUL and TPE route on MAS and D7..Grand total for D7's is about MYR619 while MAS' is about MYR1853, approximately triple,so which airline will you choose ?

Edited by Li Ren

Checked the return price between KUL and TPE route on MAS and D7..Grand total for D7's is about MYR619 while MAS' is about MYR1853, approximately triple,so which airline will you choose ?

The choice is pretty obvious there and i believe D7 may just force MH to drop their price for this route. Having said that I have traveled on MH BKI to TPE for around RM700, ticket bought during MAS fare.

Surely someone would yell "Jolin here I come!" :p

Today's 1st July which is the day where D7's maiden flight into TPE and I am sure the plane is taxiing now if there is no delay. :drinks: Well done D7

Edited by Li Ren

Just checked the price , and this is what I got !

mobile.airasia.com

Departure Flight :D7 2672

Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) -> Taipei(TPE)

DEP :10:00 1Sep2009

ARV :14:40 1Sep2009

1Guest @ 200.00MYR

Taxes & Fees: 25.00MYR

Return Flight :D7 2673

Taipei(TPE)-> Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)

DEP :15:55 4Sep2009

ARV :20:35 4Sep2009

1Guest @ 200.00MYR

Taxes & Fees: 40.00MYR

Booking Fee : 2.00MYR

Total : 467.00MYR

Cheap cheap !

Just checked the price , and this is what I got !

mobile.airasia.com

Departure Flight :D7 2672

Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL) -> Taipei(TPE)

DEP :10:00 1Sep2009

ARV :14:40 1Sep2009

1Guest @ 200.00MYR

Taxes & Fees: 25.00MYR

Return Flight :D7 2673

Taipei(TPE)-> Kuala Lumpur LCCT(KUL)

DEP :15:55 4Sep2009

ARV :20:35 4Sep2009

1Guest @ 200.00MYR

Taxes & Fees: 40.00MYR

Booking Fee : 2.00MYR

Total : 467.00MYR

Cheap cheap !

Yes, the "Zero Admin Fees" promo has thrown up some rather nice fares for travel on their lower demand flights...

AirAsia Celebrates Its Inaugural Kuala Lumpur-Taipei Flight

SEPANG, July 1 (Bernama) -- AirAsia's first flight from Kuala Lumpur to Taipei departed at 10.00 am this morning, carrying 338 guests.

AirAsia's Group Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes said the flight had 88 percent load, carrying guests which included president of the Malaysian Friendship and Trade Centre in Taipei, Datuk Abdullah Mohd Salleh and AirAsia X CEO, Azran Osman-Rani.

AirAsia also celebrated its inaugural flight from Tapei Wednesday with touched down at 8.35 pm at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) of the KL International Airport (KLIA) with 335 guests on board.

"The new Kuala Lumpur-Taipei route with five direct flights weekly operated by AirAsia's low-cost long-haul affiliate, AirAsia X, received a remarkable response from travellers when it opened for sale on April 24, 2009," Fernandes said at the Kuala Lumpur-Taipei inaugural flight celebration to receive AirAsia's first guests from Taipei.

Minister of Transport, Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat and Minister of Tourism, Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen were also at the event to welcome the visitors.

According to Fernandes, all promotional seats for the Kuala Lumpur-Taipei flight services offered at RM101 per way were snapped up within 12 hours after the sales announcement, with an estimated 80,000 guests flying the route until the year's end.

"This represents an average load factor of over 80 percent on the 383-seater Airbus A330," Fernandes said.

Fernandes also said there were no cancellation of flights with the H1N1 flu global epidemic and that sales were up since it abolished its administration fees.

"We are also starting new routes from Miri to Singapore," he said. -- BERNAMA

Source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=422342

Sign in to follow this