MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Samuel Chy

select seat

just now when i booking my ticket on MAS website, i notice there got a small tab regarding "select Seat". but once i click on it, it will jump into a page with 3 tiny lines of words, couldn't remember the exact sentence, only know that i got to redo my search!

my question is, is that MAS going do like AK? can choose your seat when we purchase ticket online?, anyone notice this features too?, or anyone tried this thingy?

just now when i booking my ticket on MAS website, i notice there got a small tab regarding "select Seat". but once i click on it, it will jump into a page with 3 tiny lines of words, couldn't remember the exact sentence, only know that i got to redo my search!

my question is, is that MAS going do like AK? can choose your seat when we purchase ticket online?, anyone notice this features too?, or anyone tried this thingy?

Hmm... I am not sure it's available on all fare type.

only if you fly with MHsmart and MHfullflex economy or Business class that you can preselect your seats. MHlow and MHbasic dont allow you to preselect seat.

Hmm... I am not sure it's available on all fare type.

Should be for all fare types - I was able to make use of this feature even when doing our zero fare bargains last year. Assuming zero fare falls into the lowest class possible ? Any lower class and MH may have to pay you to fly with them ;)

Should be for all fare types - I was able to make use of this feature even when doing our zero fare bargains last year. Assuming zero fare falls into the lowest class possible ? Any lower class and MH may have to pay you to fly with them ;)

Yeah, when I bought my ticket last January it had allowed me to choose.

But today I did a dummy booking and for the lowest class, you cannot choose seats, but for the mentioned ones, you can.

I think they just changed it.

MAS changed its seating policy already effective October last year. Discounted EY ticket can no longer request a seat. You may however choose your preferred seat at the time of check-in.

MAS changed its seating policy already effective October last year. Discounted EY ticket can no longer request a seat. You may however choose your preferred seat at the time of check-in.

Which makes it all the better to fly with SQ! :yahoo:

The return fare is cheaper for my travel (last week of Nov). I can choose my preferred seat online without paying extra. And I get better service from their Customer Service hotline.

This is how a 5-star airline should sell their products. 5-star service, not 5-star 'cheap'. :rolleyes:

The return fare is cheaper for my travel (last week of Nov). I can choose my preferred seat online without paying extra. And I get better service from their Customer Service hotline.

This is how a 5-star airline should sell their products. 5-star service, not 5-star 'cheap'. :rolleyes:

If based on seat, SQ does not allow preselect seats during booking in any Fare type. You only get free seat selection during web check-in which is the same as in MH.

If based on seat, SQ does not allow preselect seats during booking in any Fare type. You only get free seat selection during web check-in which is the same as in MH.

Negative. I've preselected my seats for the flight in November.

Foods on SQ also seem much more appetizing too and not just some foods in a box :finger:

SIA DOES allow their EY passenger to preselect his/her preferred seat when making booking. Last time only the sector KUL/SIN where passengers weren't allowed to request their favourite seats. Not sure if this is still the case though.

Foods on SQ also seem much more appetizing too and not just some foods in a box :finger:

SIA DOES allow their EY passenger to preselect his/her preferred seat when making booking. Last time only the sector KUL/SIN where passengers weren't allowed to request their favourite seats. Not sure if this is still the case though.

I meant that SQ doesnt have the preselect seat facility ONLINE. I could not see that option when trying the mock booking on SQ website. I am sure you can request for preferred seats by calling the customer service.

I meant that SQ doesnt have the preselect seat facility ONLINE. I could not see that option when trying the mock booking on SQ website. I am sure you can request for preferred seats by calling the customer service.

Actually the option was there last time i flew SQ. Just that the sector KUL/SIN is blocked from seat request. Yes, i'm talking about their online booking facility too. Tony managed to book his preferred seat online too last year.

Mock booking wouldnt take you to the seat selection. You have to purchase the ticket online to make specific seat selection in Y.

I believe you can always go back and check your bookings and make the necessary changes including your seats online. Somehow I thought I have done so before but that was on PEN - SIN.

I believe you can always go back and check your bookings and make the necessary changes including your seats online. Somehow I thought I have done so before but that was on PEN - SIN.

Yes. It is indeed possible with SQ. Just not on the KUL/SIN sector though.

Yeah..

Last 3 days i bought a ticket for KUL-KBR sector.

once i click at the select seat,the page will corrupt and said,pls refresh page n bla2...

Sign in to follow this