MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
flee

Singapore Expands Bilateral Air Services With Malaysia

if my memory serve me right, BTU n SBW are B777 B747 and B330 landable?

BTU runway is 2,745m while SBW has a 2,754m runway. So I guess they can both take widebodies as far as the runway length is concerned. With this agreement, they will need to install CIQ facilities before the international flights can commence.

Perhaps a more abstract interpretation of "more reasons to fly with SQ" is permitting the use of LCC's to SIN from these new points in Malaysia to SIN to travel beyond aboard the SQ network? Therefore bypassing the need to travel to KL.

SQ and Star Alliance extensive network will attract more Malaysian traveler to transit in SIN, therefore eliminating the needs to travel through KUL.

SQ and Star Alliance extensive network will attract more Malaysian traveler to transit in SIN, therefore eliminating the needs to travel through KUL.

If you are relying on Star Alliance to pull these people in, then it won't happen. Not even when Silkair isn't part of the group.

If you are referring to Krisflyers, ah... then it will be a different story. However, in order to enjoy the fares you have now, you would still have to fly via your present M'sian port-of-calls to enjoy these fares. I have to point out that fares ex-SIN and ex-PEN / KUL / BKI / KCH are very substantially different with the former being exhorbitantly high. So I am not sure if you would want to fly a budget carrier into SIN, clear CIQ and re-check in for an SQ flight ex-SIN.

The same logic applies when I fly MH ex-SIN, much cheaper when compared to you guys doing it ex-KUL to ... say... Sydney.

Wow.. even small towns now can have direct access to Singapore.. Looks like Malaysia government is helping Singapore to further reinforce itself as the aviation hub in SEA and paving way for the demise of KLIA.

Perhaps a more abstract interpretation of "more reasons to fly with SQ" is permitting the use of LCC's to SIN from these new points in Malaysia to SIN to travel beyond aboard the SQ network? Therefore bypassing the need to travel to KL.

Correct. Tiger and Silk Air (or even AK) will be feeders into SIN for onwards connections on SQ or other carriers.

I agree that most likely SQ would use the sister company MI to service these areas. Then passenger can get on their SQ connecting flights in SIN. You can actually book a SQ trip online with MI as the feeding regional flight, likewise for MI.

I agree that most likely SQ would use the sister company MI to service these areas. Then passenger can get on their SQ connecting flights in SIN. You can actually book a SQ trip online with MI as the feeding regional flight, likewise for MI.

I do agree with you,Waiping;since MI is the regional arm of SQ,perhaps they will deploy their A320s or A319s to these area (that's mean opportunity to spot these birds IF they decide to flew to SBW!)

SQ has already assigned its PEN-SIN route to MI - so it would not be wrong to assume that this strategy should continue for these new destinations.

SIN-LBU v.v. Wow.... what a development. Even AK cannot sustain load on BKI-LBU-BKI and subsequently kill the route, very unlikely SIN-LBU-SIN.

Sign in to follow this