MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Timothy

MYY : Not runway, not apron

Was anyone else there ? :)

img6376x.jpg

img6364c.jpg

Launching ceremony of 9M-LLW at Eastwood Valley Golf Club, Miri.

Sister ship was there too.

sorry for the short post, screamyx having a bad case of hiccups ...*as always*

Ah,the launching of the Flying Doctor Services Program,am i right Timothy?

Looks like they're using the BO-105 choppers.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Wow... interesting.. anymore? Sideshot of lima lima whiskey?

So now Layang-Layang Aerospace operates three Bolkows - 9M-LLW(Blue), 9M-LLU(Grey), ZS-PLW(Yellow)? Am i correct?

Some news about the launching..

Layang-Layang to revive Flying Doctor Service

By Jacqueline Raphael

MIRI: Layang-Layang Aerospace Sdn Bhd will revive Flying Doctor Service in remote areas of Sarawak and Sabah with the latest addition to its helicopter fleet.

000049746.jpg

FOR BETTER SERVICE: (From left) Eric, Lee Jabu, Poong, Aziz, Empiang and others posing in front of the newly acquired BO-105 helicopter.

The company yesterday introduced two newly acquired twin-engine Bolkov BO-105 helicopters bringing its existing fleet of BO-105 to five.

“This is of special significance to Layang-Layang Aerospace because it marks another major milestone in our capability as one of East Malaysia’s foremost aircraft operators,” its chairman Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahman told a press conference after the launching ceremony yesterday.

He added that two helicopters were fully equipped with medical equipment while the others could provide supplementary assistance. According to Aziz, Layang-Layang began looking at various types of twin-engine helicopters in 2006 to provide the best service to the requirement of the private and public sectors in Sabah and Sarawak’s rural areas.

After detailed consideration, the company selected BO-105 CB/CBS helicopter manufactured by Eurocopter Germany in recognition of its excellent performance and characteristics. BO-105 CB/CBS helicopters are equipped and configured to perform flying doctor service — transporting medical team and supplies apart from providing fast and efficient passenger and cargo transportation even to remote areas in the country.

The aircraft’s improved lifting capability can also be used to carry out external underslung work in high altitude and mountainous areas. Emergency Medical Services is also possible using any of the company’s BO-105 helicopters, which are fitted with oxygen and full medical panel that is convertible to passenger role within 20 minutes.

With the fully-equipped helicopters, Aziz said Layang-Layang was now ready to provide the (flying doctor) service to the rural areas in Sabah and Sarawak. “Our aim is not only making money, but we also see this as one of our corporate social responsibilities to the people in Sabah and Sarawak,” he said.

He added that the service was very important in view of the topography of the two states as well as the location of the remote villages, which are difficult to reach.

Meanwhile, Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Alfred Jabu who officiated at the launching of the new helicopters yesterday praised Layang-Layang Aerospace for its initiative in increasing the helicopter fleet.

“If we use land transport to travel to the remote areas in Sarawak and Sabah, it will take hours to reach our destination, if there is road network in the first place. Helicopter usage is most appropriate in the absence of road,” he said.

He added that helicopter services would be used more in the Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy (SCORE) area in view of the gigantic development set to take place there.

His wife Senator Dato Sri Empiang, Assistant Minister of Infrastructure Development and Communication Lee Kim Shin, Layang-Layang managing director Albert Poong and its quality manager Eric Lee were among those present at the launching ceremony.

http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=50132

and some ambitious plan from them..sorry, couldn't find the English version of it :pardon:

News about Layang-Layang to joint venture with Garuda Indonesia to operate Hajj flight in Indonesia middle of this year.

Layang-Layang Aerospace terbang ke Arab Saudi pertengahan tahun ini

Oleh Steve Annuar

MIRI: Syarikat perkhidmatan helikopter luar bandar Sarawak, Layang-Layang Aerospace (LLA) Sdn Bhd akan terbang jauh ke Arab Saudi setelah diberi kebenaran untuk mengendalikan pesawat Boeing 747-400 pada pertengahan tahun ini.

Pengerusinya Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahman memberitahu LLA akan bekerjasama dengan syarikat penerbangan utama Indonesia, Garuda Airways untuk menawarkan perkhidmatan pengangkutan kepada jemaah haji dan umrah dari Jakarta ke Arab Saudi.

“Kita mempunyai perancangan besar iaitu untuk mener-bangkan pesawat 747-400 untuk Garuda.

“Sekarang kita mahu mem-perbaharui lesen penerbangan kita agar dapat mencapai tahap yang dikehendaki un-tuk mengendalikan pesawat berkenaan. Ini mungkin akan mengambil tempoh tiga hingga empat bulan,” jelasnya.

Bercakap kepada media selepas menghadiri majlis perasmian helikopter enjin berkembar BO-105 di Eastwood Valley Golf and Country Club semalam, Aziz memberitahu, penghantaran jemaah akan dibuat secara dua hala antara lapangan terbang antarabangsa Jakarta dan lapangan terbang antarabanga Arab Saudi.

Projek tersebut juga melibatkan kerjasama dengan sebuah syarikat tempatan, JK Aerospace.

Dalam rancangan jangka panjang, LLA berhasrat me-ngendalikan empat pesawat 747-400 untuk Garuda Airways.

Menurut beliau, impian mengendalikan penerbangan di peringkat antarabangsa dianggap sebagai lonjakan perniagaan terbesar untuk syarikat mereka.

“Kita gembira kerana diberi peluang untuk memperluaskan lagi perniagaan kita.

“Ini juga memberi pe-luang kepada kita untuk mening-katkan latihan kepada penduduk tempatan agar dapat mencapai tahap kepakaran yang diperlukan oleh syarikat,” jelasnya.

Beliau menambah, antara pelan jangka panjang LLA ialah menawarkan perkhidmatan helikopter dan pesawat `fixed wing’ di salah sebuah lokasi di Pulau Pasifik.

“Kita perlu lebih banyak helikopter untuk meningkatkan perkhidmatan kita di peringkat domestik.

“Kita telah mempunyai kepakaran dan dalam proses meningkatkan lagi kepakaran mengikut kualiti perkhidmatan yang diperlukan,” jelasnya.

http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=50173

So now Layang-Layang Aerospace operates three Bolkows - 9M-LLW(Blue), 9M-LLU(Grey), ZS-PLW(Yellow)? Am i correct?

They did have, maybe still have a yellow Bolkow ZS-PWA. Not seen or heard about ZS-PLW. The article talks about five Bolkows anyone have a full list?

Thanks all for posting the news and photos - Any side on photos of both aircraft?

Geoff

Edited by Geoff R.

According to the captain of ZS-PLW, their craft is used for EMS (Emergency Medical Services). Oddly they are all weather capable but only active during working hours :pardon:

9M-LLW is used for scheduled medical flights. I guess there is some contract for hospitals ? Most of their pilots are ex-Philippine AirForce.

img631.jpg

img6325.jpg

img6154z.jpg

img6155.jpg

img6355d.jpg

img6371o.jpg

img6315.jpg

Wow,check out the last photo,nice t-shirt :good:

So far,i've seen the Layang-Layang's BO-105 (ZS-PWA),Shorts Skyvan & the GAF Nomad with my own eyes :lol:

If i'm not mistaken,they're operating An-38 to the Layang-Layang Island.Am i right?

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Wow,check out the last photo,nice t-shirt :good:

So far,i've seen the Layang-Layang's BO-105 (ZS-PWA),Shorts Skyvan & the GAF Nomad with my own eyes :lol:

If i'm not mistaken,they're operating An-38 to the Layang-Layang Island.Am i right?

Tamizi, you should have lured one of them to some dark alley and punch his light out and then you wallaped the nice t-shirt lah.. hehhehe :drinks:

Tamizi, you should have lured one of them to some dark alley and punch his light out and then you wallaped the nice t-shirt lah.. hehhehe :drinks:

Hahahaha :rofl:

Haha..Bad bad Iggy.. :rofl:

Hmm...the yellow heli, haven't seen the heli for quite sometime in KCH...flew in it once last year.. :)

They used to operate RA-41900 many years ago.

Haha..Bad bad Iggy.. :rofl:

Hmm...the yellow heli, haven't seen the heli for quite sometime in KCH...flew in it once last year.. :)

Yeah,me too,i've seen the yellow heli parked at SBW Hospital helipad couple of times last year.

They used to operate RA-41900 many years ago.

Thanks for the link,Capt. ;) Really appreciate it :lol: