MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Robin

MAS gets five-star ranking for the fourth time

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has successfully retained its five-star airline ranking, making it the fourth year in a row.

The ranking recognises the highest product quality and consistently high standards of staff service delivery onboard and airport environments.

The national carrier was assessed by airline and airport industry research advisor Skytrax under its Quality-Cost-Value-Satisfaction audit from November to December last year.

“This award is a timely recognition of our employees’ continuous commitment to delivering the highest quality at affordable prices,” said MAS managing director and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Idris Jala in a statement on Sunday.

He added the airline’s value proposition was to treat its customers as how they would treat guests at their own homes.

“We now have over 700 customer-focused initiatives. These are aimed at improving our front liners’ interaction skills and service delivery as well as improving our physical product and service offerings,” Idris said.

Skytrax Group chief executive officer Edward Plaisted said the greatest attribute behind the five star status was an airline’s ability to deliver the combination of product and service.

“The airline industry is a people-business and we are highly focused on recognising those airlines whose staff deliver a true five-star standard of service delivery,” he said.

Haih,i'm getting boring with MH overboasting their 5-Star ranking.

(That's just my opinion,No offence ya)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Credit where credit is due - well done :good: :rolleyes:

However, the following

He added the airline’s value proposition was to treat its customers as how they would treat guests at their own homes

is just a tad too rich to be taken too seriously imo ;)

Oh come on! Did they pay skytrax or sumthing?!?!

You're not new around here, and going by your numerous previous posts, you're not naive either. So, why ? :p

I will only consider Mh 5 star when they change their 20 year old 737 and outdatedcabin on w/body fleet long haul fleet.Now they are far left behind 5 star airlines.

Skytrax rated them 5 star.Hmmm.

5 star or not, MAS recently got kick out from ExxonMobil listing.

All ExxonMobil employee can't no longer travel with MAS on business purpose.

I certainly wouldn't treating their B737 as my own. :p

5 star or not, MAS recently got kick out from ExxonMobil listing.

All ExxonMobil employee can't no longer travel with MAS on business purpose.

what if they need to travel to East M'sia? Via Air Asia? or private jet? :)

forgot to mention. Short domestic route is considerable. Even if the domestic route have option either MAS or Firefly, they take firefly. All international have been baned from taking MAS.

Azuddin

ExxonMoblie no longer operates in East Malaysia. Sold everything off to a local company

As it always goes...the devil's in the details.

Much of the grouses and customer unhappiness stems from the ancient hardware that MH uses on virtually all of its domestic and regional routes, with Y pax suffering the most. This is the group that can easily swing to AK, if they realise that MH's 5-star mantra is all hype and AK gives better value for that class of service.

According to Skytrax 2009 survey, this is the area that MH mostly scores 3-stars. Thats right folks - ONLY THREE STARS. Seat comfort is awarded with 4-stars, most probably due to the seat pitch on the A330. But just 3-stars it is.

If AK is smart enough, it can easily tear apart MH's potentially misleading advert for the domestic/ regional routes, and this is one area which it can tease MH with "liar, liar, pant's on fire" for the 5-star hype, as there is no 5-star in the segment in which AK and MH competes. According to Skytrax, MH is officially LCC-esque in Y on the domestic/ regional routes.

So, to all of you who complained about smarties seats, poor snackboxes, ancient hardware... SKYTRAX AGREES WITH YOU!

He added the airline’s value proposition was to treat its customers as how they would treat guests at their own homes.

If i had a guest at home and he dirties my sofa, he'll get it..bwahaha

If i had a guest coming to my house and she complains about my food, i'll think she's ungrateful. Unless if she's involved in the cost $-$

If i had a guest at home i hope i don't have to hand out small pamphlets on how to escape in case of fire :p

As it always goes...the devil's in the details.

Much of the grouses and customer unhappiness stems from the ancient hardware that MH uses on virtually all of its domestic and regional routes, with Y pax suffering the most. This is the group that can easily swing to AK, if they realise that MH's 5-star mantra is all hype and AK gives better value for that class of service.

According to Skytrax 2009 survey, this is the area that MH mostly scores 3-stars. Thats right folks - ONLY THREE STARS. Seat comfort is awarded with 4-stars, most probably due to the seat pitch on the A330. But just 3-stars it is.

If AK is smart enough, it can easily tear apart MH's potentially misleading advert for the domestic/ regional routes, and this is one area which it can tease MH with "liar, liar, pant's on fire" for the 5-star hype, as there is no 5-star in the segment in which AK and MH competes. According to Skytrax, MH is officially LCC-esque in Y on the domestic/ regional routes.

So, to all of you who complained about smarties seats, poor snackboxes, ancient hardware... SKYTRAX AGREES WITH YOU!

"liar, liar, pant's on fire" for claiming to be disabled friendly.......

forgot to mention. Short domestic route is considerable. Even if the domestic route have option either MAS or Firefly, they take firefly. All international have been baned from taking MAS.

Azuddin

Ic. tks! Azuddin

Azuddin

And i bet Singapore Airlines is laughing their ass off eh ?

Malaysia Airlines is VASTLY OVERRATED !!!!

Edited by Isaac

If MH is 5-star, then SQ is what star?

SQ is in a different league altogether.

Have you ever seen SQ boasting that they are 5 star? In fact they don't give a damn about that Skytrash rating..

As what BC said, credit to where its due. Congratulations MH for the 5 star rating. Hope we can see much much more improvements soon.

Edited by Walter Sim

If MH is 5-star, then SQ is what star?

SQ probabaly is a 7-star carrier then, very much like the Burj-Al Arab :rolleyes:

If MH is proud to their Skytrax rating; then they should specifically looked into the Best Airline Category at least in detailed ( not to mentioned other detailed categories) ..... which clearly reflects that they have dropped to 9th place this time from 6th previously....mind u they used to be in top 5 most of the time ( circa. 1992 - 2003). <_<

So, nothing to be boosting around.... but they should see it as an increased dissatifaction of MH service and others have better products and services.

As said several times by me and others.... wake up MAS! Do something much better! We know u can.

Having best crew is good but their commitment will be affected severly when supporting hardware and facilities are below par!