MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Min Chun

Anyone heard of Embry Riddle Aeronautical Uni before?

Hey guys, Good day!

Anyone heard of Embry Riddle Aeronautical University(Daytona Beach, Florida Campus) before?

I am accepted into their Aerospace Engineering program but still waiting decisions from other Universities which I have applied.

So , any comment on this University?

Mod, please help to move if I'm posting at wrong section. Regards :drinks:

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the only accredited, aviation-oriented university in the world. So, if you love aviation, GO THERE!. A lot of astronauts, and military pilots from the USAF is from Embry-Riddle, as well as approximately 25% of all American commercial pilots.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

one of the best aviation universities in the world. Very envious of your acceptance into the uni! go for it!

Min,don't wait,just go for it as Embry Riddle is among the top university in aeronautical engineering.. :clapping:

Embry-Riddle is probably the best aeronautical/aerospace uni in the world. Even my uni here (Massey University) has an exchange program for Bachelor in Aviation Management (my degree) as well as ATP and LAME courses.

Go for it :)

posting on behalf of Mr Min Chun, he's having problems posting replies to the forum. Apprarently when he click post, leads to a "cant find page" error page.

-----------

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the only accredited, aviation-oriented university in the world. So, if you love aviation, GO THERE!. A lot of astronauts, and military pilots from the USAF is from Embry-Riddle, as well as approximately 25% of all American commercial pilots.

Yea these are what they say in their websites too. Just that I hope to get more comments and not merely those 'beautified' information available in their websites.

Go for it bro, and study hard! Engineering is a hard subject!

Thanks! Yea, still a long long way to go after transferred to there :pardon:

Embry Riddle is to aeronautical as Harvard is to business studies...

Congrat Min Chun... :clapping:

one of the best aviation universities in the world. Very envious of your acceptance into the uni! go for it!

Min,don't wait,just go for it as Embry Riddle is among the top university in aeronautical engineering.. :clapping:

Thanks Norman:) Hmmm guys what if I compare Embry Riddle's AE with University of Minnesota's(Twin Cities Campus) AE?

Embry Riddle ,

I'm looking into going in that direction as well ... You've asked this before .

Perhaps that time I have not get the acceptance yet :)

Seth, any 'hidden' meanings behind it??

I posted this before.

Nice course. Embry Riddle is worshipped like Harvard/Oxford among A.Netters. Quite a prominent members are student or former student of the university, Ronerone and SR103 across my mind. Embry Riddle has 2 faculties, 1 in Daytona Beach, Florida (Main Campus) and another 1 in Arizona, if I am not mistaken.

I'd rob a bank to go there if I were you.

No doubt, one of the best Aeronautical Universities in the world: you should be extremely proud to be accepted, and to graduate later on !!! :good:

Chuo Shen you mean your uni has program exchange with ERAU?

Azizul, the cost of attendance for every academic year is 34k USD..this is one of my concern as the economy now is kind of unstable.

Thanks Afiq! :)

Thanks Pieter :) I was really on the cloud nine when I got the acceptance letter !

Azizul, the cost of attendance for every academic year is 34k USD

Not to mention USD is quite expensive now ...

Azizul, the cost of attendance for every academic year is 34k USD..this is one of my concern as the economy now is kind of unstable.

Thanks Pieter :) I was really on the cloud nine when I got the acceptance letter !

Put it this way lah , If you gave it the thought of applying , I'm sure you would've been prepared for that price right ?

Dont only think about the academic year , what about your expenses

It is very simple really , there is nothing better really , so if money is there , go , else , forget it ,

34k USD includes everything, from tuition fees to all the living expenses, but I believe it's just the minimum ;)

Hmmm mostly by Aug I'll 'end up' in Florida I guess :drinks:

I am currently enrolled at the Arizona ERAU campus, and it's quite nice as well. Both campuses have their pros and cons, but of course I'm slightly more biased toward the Arizona one! ;) Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Hi Min Chun,

Yes, Massey University has exchange programs with ERAU as well as Bonn and Dortmund University in Germany. We do get some Americans and Germans here at Massey, as well as sending some over to ERAU and Germany. However, I believe you can only do a maximum of 1 year on exchange.

Hope this helps :)

Oh and congrats on your acceptance to ERAU!

Edited by Leong Chuo Sheng

Hi Min Chun,

Yes, Massey University has exchange programs with ERAU as well as Bonn and Dortmund University in Germany. We do get some Americans and Germans here at Massey, as well as sending some over to ERAU and Germany. However, I believe you can only do a maximum of 1 year on exchange.

Hope this helps :)

Oh and congrats on your acceptance to ERAU!

Hey Leong, thanks for that! Sorry for late reply, I could not reply due to the poor internet connection.

Yea perhaps I can join the program and exchange to NZ for some times. I love NZ alot :rolleyes:

I am currently enrolled at the Arizona ERAU campus, and it's quite nice as well. Both campuses have their pros and cons, but of course I'm slightly more biased toward the Arizona one! ;) Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

I got the application fees waiver from AZ campus and I tought it was from Daytona Beach Campus. I applied and only found it out halfway but DB campus waived it for me too :yahoo:

I prefer the weather in Az than the Florida's :mellow:

Oh ya guys, I have paid my tuition fees deposit and confirmed my enrollment as new ERAU transfer student ;)

Edited by Min Chun

Congrats Min Chun

I also applied to ERAU and got my application accepted in 2006 for study in Aeronautical science at Prescott, Arizona campus. But the tuition is too steep.

All the very best in your studies and do strive for the best,Min Chun :drinks:

Thanks Li Ren! I'm looking forward :good:

Congrats Min Chun

I also applied to ERAU and got my application accepted in 2006 for study in Aeronautical science at Prescott, Arizona campus. But the tuition is too steep.

I feel that if we pay 34k per year to get study the aeronautical science, it is not really worth it. But alot of foreigners are majoring in that :mellow:

I'm leaving to Florida later.MH 1157 departing at 6.40pm wil bring me to KUL before continuing my flights to ICN,ATL and DAB.

See yeah guys soon =)

I'm leaving to Florida later.MH 1157 departing at 6.40pm wil bring me to KUL before continuing my flights to ICN,ATL and DAB.

See yeah guys soon =)

all the best bro, have a safe flight to US