MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

AirAsia forced me to crawl on my hands and knees

this is not whos fault which? this is about professionalism in a company. if u dont want ppl to complaint or talk bad about your company, then act professional.

If one claims to be disabled friendly, it should be for all aspects. In this case, not Departure only, but inflight and arrival too... Ultimately I still hold AirAsia at fault for this. As embarrassing as it may be, i hope there would be a tactful response from AirAsia. And it better be a bloody good explanation.

but heck, who am i to say this..

Edited by Walter Sim

attack attack air asia ,huagrahhahh ahahah, but true thou, not good, not good, imagine this happend to you?

I would say that AirAsia is not the airline for the old and infirm. Although the ground and cabin crews try their best, their training is inadequate to handle many situations. Their business model also gives very little margin for "time consuming" activities like boarding the disabled. As such, it is best to use legacy airlines.

Well said.

At the end of the day, its the passenger who choose the airline, knowing very well the limitations both the airline and the passenger have.

Just to show it to the world.....

Some consider it as just a livery...

Well said.

At the end of the day, its the passenger who choose the airline, knowing very well the limitations both the airline and the passenger have.

But that is not what Tony said

Some consider it as an excuse for a 1:400 representation :D

Diabled can fly on the engines.

Edited by Tim Lee

Well said.

I totally agree with you. When MH was operating at SZB my disable passengers also faced problems boarding as the ambulift wasn't always available. Many a time they were carried by the ground staff or slowly assisted down but never were they ever made to crawl!

What that passenger endured is unacceptable.

I totally agree with you. When MH was operating at SZB my disable passengers also faced problems boarding as the ambulift wasn't always available. Many a time they were carried by the ground staff or slowly assisted down but never were they ever made to crawl!

What that passenger endured is unacceptable.

But I do not believe MH at that time, made any representation that they have facilities for the disabled nor did they indicate on any part of the aircraft, documentations and brochures to the same effect.

In this case, a booking for disabled facilities was made and the booking was accepted by AK. The booking for disabled facilities was confirmed at check-in. As such it becomes a legal obligation in the sales/purchase agreement for the seller to deliver to the buyer. Making claims to the effect when knowingly that such facility does not exist or is not abled to be fulfilled is either tantamount to a clear case of misrepresentation or failure to deliver on the contract.

THIS IS NOT A CASE OF THE PASSENGER NOT KNOWING OR KNOWING THE LIMITATIONS OF AIRLINE BECAUSE THE AIRLINE CLEARLY INDICATED THAT THEY HAVE SUCH FACILITIES TO OFFER.

By god they even plastered it on their aircraft. Are you now saying the aircraft painter wrongly painted the aircraft?

In the case of the unavailability of the ambulift in KL may be dismissed as equipment unserviceability. But how do you explain the complete absence of the facility in Vientiene.

How do you explain letting him fall on the aircraft floor.

Edited by Tim Lee

Well said Tim Lee. I believe the passenger is well aware that he had to go with airlines that provide facilities for the disable, as that was not the first time he boarded an airplane, and since AK promises they can accommodate that, he made a conscious decision purchasing the ticket.

How can someone blame the passenger for buying the ticket when the airline itself is promoting how they have facilities for the disabled. Thats just bs. Easier said when u're not it that position I guess. :pardon:

he mentioned that he had travel with AK for a few times on past two years right? if not mistaken AK only introduce ambulift last year, is't? if so, why before they introduce, he still can board and disembark the plane with no problem? <_>

My 2 cents worth...flew with them...twice..thats 2 times too many... :(

Never again...will I ever risk my life or any of my family members life with that so called "Airline Of the Year"....

I would rather pay extra and fly with full service....even if it hurts me.....Naver again!!!!! with AK....!!!!! :finger:

'Apology accepted, AirAsia'

I refer to my earlier letter to you AirAsia forced me to crawl on my hands and knees.

The above letter was with regards to the treatment, as a disabled passenger, I received from AirAsia following a trip from Kuala Lumpur to Laos with my family.

Being someone that believes that others should be warned if an airline can not, or does not provide the services that it offers, I related my long tale of woe and castigated AirAsia for its failings.

I am now, however, pleased to report that I am, to say the least, most impressed with the response that I have received from AirAsia following my complaint.

I did not receive a long list of excuses, my problems were not blamed on a computer error or even worse, something that I did wrong. AirAsia did what most big companies never seem to do and simply said that they were sorry and that they had got it wrong.

Not only did I receive a written apology, several telephone calls from their call centre but I was also telephoned by their guest services and operations manager with a full explanation of what went wrong and most important, what AirAsia were doing to ensure that it wouldn't happen again.

Okay, anyone can write a letter and anyone can pick up a telephone to shut a complaining customer up but I actually received a heartfelt apology that was genuine.

It would appear that the ground crew, check-in staff and even cabin crew were interviewed regarding the incident in an attempt to pinpoint the areas of failure.

Like a lot of things, a few minor errors, someone entering a wrong code here, an unread fax there, were compounded into one major bungle of which, unfortunately, I was the recipient.

It's nice to know that young as AirAsia is and as large as AirAsia is becoming, it is not taking the stance of a lot of airlines and that consider disabled people as a necessary evil that can be treated like morons.

AirAsia has the guts to say, ‘We were wrong, we're sorry and we will make sure it doesn't happen again'.

Apology accepted, AirAsia.

AirAsia has the guts to say, ‘We were wrong, we're sorry and we will make sure it doesn't happen again'.

Air Asia proved that they are the World Best Low-Cost Airlines..Well done :good:

Air Asia proved that they are the World Best Low-Cost Airlines..Well done :good:

I think it's still too early to say anything. I mean this is still just one case and customer actually took one step further than just e-mail AK about the complaint. What if his grouses were not address and made known via the internet? The best way for AK to address their customers' woes is still via a dedicated customer service channel.

This just goes to show how good Air Asia's recovery is when these sorta things hit the media .......

Give him whatever he wants .... hahahaha ... We don't know what lies beneath right ...

Water runs deep ....

Frankly, despite what Air Asia advertises, I still would not want to subject my aged father to an Air Asia flight. The LCCT is not the place for elderly and handicapped traveller. I don't mind "suffering" if I save RMs on the flights but it is my choice and would not force it onto anyone else. Each of us should think carefully about flying on Air Asia if we have special requirements.

We need to make some rational decisions - some savings are just not worth having!

Frankly, despite what Air Asia advertises, I still would not want to subject my aged father to an Air Asia flight. The LCCT is not the place for elderly and handicapped traveller. I don't mind "suffering" if I save RMs on the flights but it is my choice and would not force it onto anyone else. Each of us should think carefully about flying on Air Asia if we have special requirements.

We need to make some rational decisions - some savings are just not worth having!

You get priority boarding foc when you hit 75 years of age.

Sign in to follow this