MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Sri Ramani K.

Award

Apparently, AirAsia has won the low cost carrier of the year award. What award? I don't know. Was told that Tony announced it during a special meet with the staff today. Anyone have any idea? Tq

Could be this:

17 March 2009

AIRASIA Group CEO Datuk Tony Fernandes recently received a Laureate Award in the Commercial Air Transport category at the 52nd annual Laureate Awards held in Washington DC.

The annual award, organised by global aviation publisher Aviation Week, was conceived more than 50 years ago to recognise the extraordinary achievements of individuals and teams in aviation, aerospace and defence.

It recognises exceptional strategy, heroism and leadership in aviation, aerospace and defence. Its honourees have improved their organisations, championed new technologies, and changed aviation history, Aviation Week said.

"Fernandes was chosen for his tireless efforts to build the AirAsia brand into one of the most recognisable in the Asia-Pacific region, while always maintaining its successful low-cost model.

"We would also like to give a nod to Tony for being one of the more charismatic leaders in the airline industry," said Aviation Week deputy managing editor Jennifer Michels.

Fernandes said AirAsia was honoured to receive such a prestigious award from Aviation Week.

"The Laureate Award for best commercial air transport is indeed a recognition for what AirAsia actually is and its passionate and dedicated members of the staff. We humbly accept this award and look forward to entering the US market in the near future.

"I am particularly thrilled as this award came exactly a week to the launch of our inaugural flight between Kuala Lumpur and London. This flight makes links to continents such as Europe, Asia and Australia at affordable fares.

i guess i already know what it is. look out for the announcement tomorrow ;)

and yes gavin, couldn't make it there on time, by the time i came they were all in party mood! LOL!

i guess i already know what it is. look out for the announcement tomorrow ;)

and yes gavin, couldn't make it there on time, by the time i came they were all in party mood! LOL!

Shud've also gone for the Cabin Crew Graduation Party last friday ... Heard it was good

:: off topic ::

Sign in to follow this