MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson Kook

Air Sickness

Whenever I fly for more than 9 hours (give or take), I seem to have a problem -----> Keeping myself comfortable.

I have this tendency to become air sick. Not up to that level where i visit the "tandas" every 5 minutes to vomit.

But I do experience some mild headaches and sleeping difficulties. I normally take a sleeping pill and sleep through the entire journey.

:pardon:

I'd like to know if you guys experience a similar problem, and what do you normally do to avoid this? Any ideas on what I should be doing to make my flight more enjoyable/comfortable? Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers.

Edited by Wilson Kook

Whenever I fly for more than 9 hours (give or take), I seem to have a problem -----> Keeping myself comfortable.

I have this tendency to become air sick. Not up to that level where i visit the "tandas" every 5 minutes to vomit.

But I do experience some mild headaches and sleeping difficulties. I normally take a sleeping pill and sleep through the entire journey.

:pardon:

I'd like to know if you guys experience a similar problem, and what do you normally do to avoid this? Any ideas on what I should be doing to make my flight more enjoyable/comfortable? Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers.

I used to be violently sick even riding in a car or bus. 5 mins and I'm gone since I was a child.

My first flight to UK, I was sick most of the way.

I can guarantee that Dramamine works. For long haul, I prefer the old formulation which make me drowsy and I'll sleep most of the way. Dont go for other brands.

I hated flying cos I ended getting a cold and my ears get blocked and landings are excrutiating.

I had my nasal cavity cleared thru surgery because of my sinusitis. Somehow, it also cured my motion sickness.

5hrs still good for me, never experienced anything more than 5hrs. thank god im allrite aaaaallll the wayyy

Suggestion: Get 1st class and sleep well, plus, get noise cancelling earphone/headphone and listen to your fav music so you dont have to listen to the cabin noise which make you sick

I can guarantee that Dramamine works

hey, try NOVOMIN...it works and practical!

Those two are same same as far as active ingredient is concerned. So, take one OR the other, NOT both please !

Some people get drowsy enough with one. Goodness knows what a combination of both will exact upon the poor soul :)

he he....mo fa kor works well. And its cheap with no side effects. Eating some asam is a pretty low tech way of dealing with this problem, but it does work on some people.

Capt Nik, know cantonese words ahhh... :p

Below is the mo fa kor as said by Capt Nik.. Besides, pregnant women also like it very much

6836564.jpg

Ginger drink should work (tips from sea-fishing anglers). There is one soy-based ginger product available in the market but actual name slips my mind. Perfect for me though :yahoo:

Edited by Azrin A

Give it a try..different people may not like the taste but me taste okayyyy :rolleyes:

Just happened to see that you're at NSW, :sorry: sorry but the market mentioned was Malaysia ;)

Edited by Azrin A

Sign in to follow this