MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
reyneo

More M'sia-SIN route to be liberated

The article is only in chinese... Except for one route which will be flown by Firefly (Im guessing Trengganu), all the others will be taken by AK. Doesn't mention anything about Singapore carriers flying the routes... My chinese is pretty rusty after having not read chinese for more than a year since my O levels...

落实领空开放协定 内阁批准多个直飞外国航线

2009/03/21 18:10:38

●南洋商报

(吉隆坡21日讯)内阁昨天进一步开放航空领域,批准多个直飞外国航线。

有关往返航线包括吉隆坡- 成都、吉隆坡- 天津、吉隆坡- 西安、斗湖- 新加坡、山打根-新加坡。

浮罗交怡- 新加坡、槟城- 新加坡、登嘉楼- 新加坡;除了飞萤负责一个航线外,上述所有航线都是由亚航或亚航远程经营。

交通部长拿督斯里翁诗杰指出,东协国家是于去年11月在马尼拉签署东协航空开放协定,按照协定,东协国家必须在2008年杪全面开放第3及第4航空降陆权,即是东协国家首都与首都的直飞航线。他解释,第3及第4航空降陆权指的是东协国家首都之间的往返降陆权。

亚布匹百货制衣总会大会开幕

翁诗杰今天为马来西亚布匹百货制衣总会第18届全国代表大会主持开幕仪式后,作出这项宣布。

他说,马来西亚是东协国家当中,首个提前落实航空开放协定的国家。

他指出,东协航空开放达致的协定也包括飞机种类、航班次数,以及搭客人数都不设限。

根据东协航空开放协定,东协国家会在2010年达致第5航空陆陆权的目标。所谓的第5航空降陆权是飞至第三国家。

翁诗杰认为,为了活络经济,他极力主张全面开放航空领域,除了首都与首都之间的直飞航线,我国也主张飞往第2或第3城市。

“随着政府早前批准从新加坡直飞亚庇、古晋及美里外,昨天内阁进一步批准新加坡直飞斗湖及山打根,使到东马共有5个城市直飞新加坡。”

至于西马方面,昨天批准的新航线是新加坡直飞浮罗交怡、槟城及登嘉楼。

此外,翁诗杰说,内阁昨天也批准从槟城直飞印度钦奈,以及从吉隆坡飞往多个印度城市如孟买、加尔各答及班加罗尔新航线。

翁诗杰说,亚航刻在与中国当局协商,预料会另辟2个从吉隆坡直飞中国其他城市的航线。

where is my SIBU-SIN route.....

sdk n twu even cant survive on JHB route....

WEIRD! n MAD!

but i wonder till now thr is no SIN-MYY route....

from the news...

it is very soon that SIN-PEN will b announced...

TGG-SIN will start on JUNE...

others...

lets .....see......

Edited by prosibu

where is my SIBU-SIN route.....

sdk n twu even cant survive on JHB route....

WEIRD! n MAD!

but i wonder till now thr is no SIN-MYY route....

from the news...

it is very soon that SIN-PEN will b announced...

TGG-SIN will start on JUNE...

others...

lets .....see......

SIN-SBW,eh? Well,you have to wait for a moment to see it to be a reality,because STB will have to wait the feasibility report on this route.

If i'm not mistaken,it was Jetstar announcing that they will considering SIN-SBW.Even MH plan for operating SBW-BKI-FOC were scrapped.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

SIN - TWU and SIN - SDK for cheap fresh seafood! :yahoo:

Hmm, I would like to know, if any, some figures or observation of the recent partial liberation of KCH and BKI to SIN. How are the load factors for the routes following AK, TR, and 3K entry? Kenneth mentioned on the other thread that he saw KCH-SIN canceled on that particular day.

These routes can be used as a yardstick for the future success for other routes out of Sarawak and Sabah to SIN, such as SBW.

I was on AK 6274 (SIN-BKI) on the 22th March 09, pax load wise its around 80%. Mostly are foreigners (westerners), flying from Singapore maaahh :p

Flying again this Sunday to Uniquely Singapore on 3K.

If any of you read a similar article in Channel NEws Asia, it has stated that these so called approval for AirAsia to fly these new routes are only decision from M'sia govt only, they still need to negotiate with their S'porean counterpart to thrash out the final agreement on these new openings.

If these routes are opened to AK, I'm sure 3K or TR will want a piece of the cake as well. They will not let AK monopolises the new routes. From S'pore perspective, the more destination it serves, the better it is, since Changi is built on transit traffic more than anything else. You may soon see every Sabahan from Sandakan or Tawau flying to Aus, NZ or Europe via SIN. However, with 5 airlines currently serving SIN - BKI, it is difficult to see how they can sustain this and at the same time still introduce new SIN - SDK, and SIN - TWU.

cheers

If any of you read a similar article in Channel NEws Asia, it has stated that these so called approval for AirAsia to fly these new routes are only decision from M'sia govt only, they still need to negotiate with their S'porean counterpart to thrash out the final agreement on these new openings.

If these routes are opened to AK, I'm sure 3K or TR will want a piece of the cake as well. They will not let AK monopolises the new routes. From S'pore perspective, the more destination it serves, the better it is, since Changi is built on transit traffic more than anything else. You may soon see every Sabahan from Sandakan or Tawau flying to Aus, NZ or Europe via SIN. However, with 5 airlines currently serving SIN - BKI, it is difficult to see how they can sustain this and at the same time still introduce new SIN - SDK, and SIN - TWU.

cheers

You may be correct:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../417691/1/.html

2 airlines get approvals to fly to S'pore from more Malaysian cities

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 25 March 2009 2003 hrs

SINGAPORE: Low cost carrier AirAsia and the budget unit of Malaysian Airlines have been given permission to fly to Singapore from more Malaysian cities, according to reports quoting Malaysia's Transport Minister, Ong Tee Keat.

The reports said AirAsia's new routes will link Singapore with Penang and Langkawi as well as Sandakan and Tawau in Borneo.

Meanwhile, Malaysian Airlines' low cost operator Firefly has been given permission to ply between Singapore and cities like Penang, Kuantan and Terengganu.

The Malaysian government has also allowed Firefly to fly the competitive Kuala Lumpur to Singapore route, according to the reports.

Despite these approvals, Malaysia will have to negotiate its bilateral air services agreement with Singapore before the carriers can be granted access to the routes.

Channel NewsAsia understands discussions are underway and transport ministry officials from both sides are expected to meet soon to tie up details. - CNA/vm

You can still get 0 fare 2 weeks before travel. Maybe isn't as rosy as it should be.

Cabinet approves Ipoh-Singapore flights: Ong

IPOH: The Cabinet has approved the application of a local airline to operate the Ipoh-Singapore sector, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat said.

Ong, however, said he would not disclose the name of the airline at the moment until was sure the company could sustain its services.

He added that the airline would fly from the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport here as plans for a new airport was still far from sight.

“The airline wrote to us and we considered and processed the application with due diligence.

“But at the end of the day, it is their decision to determine whether or not it is sustainable,” he told reporters after meeting Perak MCA grassroot leaders here Saturday.

Ong noted that people had in the past ‘pounced’ on the ministry and accused it of stopping the services of AirAsia when the airline discontinued its flights from here.

“We did not. That was a business decision,” he said.

“More often than not, people do not seem to understand that the continuity of any air service depends largely on the business decision made by the relevant airlines and not the ministry.

“The ministry has the power to decide or to grant the air rights of any particular sector to an airline but it doesn’t mean that we are there to guarantee them profits,” he added. - The Star

It is intriguing to know why Kuantan (KUA) was included in this agreement because previously, MH and SQ/MI operated a Kuantan-Singapore-Kuantan route as recent as 2002. I suppose its a revised agreement then.

AirAsia to fly Langkawi-Singapore route soon

SUNGAI PETANI: Direct flights between Langkawi and Singapore by AirAsia will take off soon.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat announced yesterday that the Government had given approval to the low-cost carrier to operate the route.

He said the move would boost tourism and the economy in Langkawi.

We will leave it to AirAsia to assess the situation and decide on the frequency of flights,” he told reporters after a dialogue with Chinese non-governmental organisations yesterday.

On March 7, 15 Chinese associations in Langkawi called on the Government to allow AirAsia to fly direct between the two destinations to help the resort island weather the current economic storm.

Langkawi MCA division chief Datuk Chen Liau Weng, who made the appeal to Ong, said direct flights were crucial as he claimed that the Kedah government had not been promoting tourism.

-The Star

It is intriguing to know why Kuantan (KUA) was included in this agreement because previously, MH and SQ/MI operated a Kuantan-Singapore-Kuantan route as recent as 2002. I suppose its a revised agreement then.

AirAsia has already stopped its KUA-KUL flights - I don't think there is much traffic into and out of Kuantan these days since the highway is very convenient for most travellers. Not sure if there is any real demand for KUA-SIN either.

Wouldn't it be funny if they operated JHB-SIN flights?

:D

i think the guys at SIN ATC will b first to laugh..

Cabinet approves Ipoh-Singapore flights: Ong

IPOH: The Cabinet has approved the application of a local airline to operate the Ipoh-Singapore sector, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat said.

Ong, however, said he would not disclose the name of the airline at the moment until was sure the company could sustain its services.

He added that the airline would fly from the Sultan Azlan Shah Airport here as plans for a new airport was still far from sight.

“The airline wrote to us and we considered and processed the application with due diligence.

“But at the end of the day, it is their decision to determine whether or not it is sustainable,” he told reporters after meeting Perak MCA grassroot leaders here Saturday.

Ong noted that people had in the past ‘pounced’ on the ministry and accused it of stopping the services of AirAsia when the airline discontinued its flights from here.

“We did not. That was a business decision,” he said.

“More often than not, people do not seem to understand that the continuity of any air service depends largely on the business decision made by the relevant airlines and not the ministry.

“The ministry has the power to decide or to grant the air rights of any particular sector to an airline but it doesn’t mean that we are there to guarantee them profits,” he added. - The Star

Interesting to know how the load would be and which airline did the ROI analysis.