MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
muhd noor iskandar

URGENT :Passport validity for Sarawak

OMG! I will be flying with Jetstar to Kuching this Wednesday. I just found out yesterday that the passport validity to Sarawak for Singapore passports is 6 months. My passport will expire in July 2009 and to make a new passport will take at least 3 working days. To make matter worse, I cannot just get an instant extension since the passport has reached its 10 years expiration.

So now, my next option is to not go to Kuching BUT theres 6 other family members under my booking name.

So anyone has any idea that in the event that I back out, can the other 6 still proceed on or are they barred from entering too? :(

And can I confirm if its 6 months not 3 months to enter Kuching? :help:

OMG! I will be flying with Jetstar to Kuching this Wednesday. I just found out yesterday that the passport validity to Sarawak for Singapore passports is 6 months. My passport will expire in July 2009 and to make a new passport will take at least 3 working days. To make matter worse, I cannot just get an instant extension since the passport has reached its 10 years expiration.

So now, my next option is to not go to Kuching BUT theres 6 other family members under my booking name.

So anyone has any idea that in the event that I back out, can the other 6 still proceed on or are they barred from entering too? :(

And can I confirm if its 6 months not 3 months to enter Kuching? :help:

I believe, the minimum 6 months passport validity is standard throughout all states in the world. However, if it is just a few days, then one might be let in at the discretion of the Immigrations authority. You may get in but do check with the authorities. I beleive Singapore is very strict on this.

ok guys i've checked with ICA they asked me to deal with Malaysia's High Commision. called them, the officer refused to help and directed me to go to ICA again. In case, it does not work out, can someone confirm with me the rest of the 6 tickets can still be received right, although me being the one who booked them dont get to go?

Proceed with your travel plan!

First, get past S'pore immigration during departure (usually check-in CSAs will determine) Most important

If you passed, next will be KCH's M'sian imigration, show them your return ticket along (that you're staying for a few days only) with your travel companions.

Should be fine.

Worst case scenario: Go to airport, denied check-in, you go home alone, the rest of your travel party proceed to KCH :D

Edited by Andi C

No worries mate. It's only Monday, you still can get your passport tomorrow afternoon (around 2pm) if you renew your passport in the morning tomorrow. 3 days to process your new passport is a thing of the pass. You can now get your new passport on the same day (only if you apply in the morning) or 1 day later if you apply around noon time or evening since mid-2005. You just need to be at the immigration office before 8am tomorrow morning to make sure you'll be one of the first in line.

No worries mate. It's only Monday, you still can get your passport tomorrow afternoon (around 2pm) if you renew your passport in the morning tomorrow. 3 days to process your new passport is a thing of the pass. You can now get your new passport on the same day (only if you apply in the morning) or 1 day later if you apply around noon time or evening since mid-2005. You just need to be at the immigration office before 8am tomorrow morning to make sure you'll be one of the first in line.

The same thing applies to Singapore passport?

lol k guys! wooohoooo everythings resolved. ICA allowed me to make an instant passport, will collect it today at 3pm. hehe.

Now i only have to worry about the itinery of the trip :(

Don't worry,just stay calm and plan your itinerary carefully.

You're flying to KCH tommorow,rite? So,Selamat Datai (Welcome) to Sarawak! :clapping:

The same thing applies to Singapore passport?

OH MY GOD. I didn't read the message carefully last night. Thought it was about Malaysian passport. Feel so stupid now :lol:

Anyways, glad that the problem is solved.

Proceed with your travel plan!

First, get past S'pore immigration during departure (usually check-in CSAs will determine) <- Most important

If you passed, next will be KCH's M'sian imigration, show them your return ticket along (that you're staying for a few days only) with your travel companions.

Should be fine.

Worst case scenario: Go to airport, denied check-in, you go home alone, the rest of your travel party proceed to KCH :D

I agreed with Andi. Show them your return ticket and explain to them <= important

Don't worry,just stay calm and plan your itinerary carefully.

You're flying to KCH tommorow,rite? So,Selamat Datai (Welcome) to Sarawak! :clapping:

HAHA yep! whee back to kuching after 3 months :D