MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

I rarely travel with check in luggages, however my last experience was a rather good one. Was travelling from BKI to KUL and upon as we were waiting for the luggages, I think an AK personnel came by to inform us that our luggage would be delayed by about 5 mins. Almost immediately after he leaves, the belt started moving and our bags arrived. All in all less than the promised 5 mins.

It was supposed to be one of current gomen flagship projects, what has transpired since then....? Really malu!

We had already lose out to Bangkok being largest LCC market.

Yes, that is another reason why Thai Airasia is taking most of the new A320 aircraft deliveries this year.

Malaysia Airasia just does not have enough business to justify fleet expansion!

web.jpg

AirAsia: Let us move back to LCCT for now

KUALA LUMPUR (July 27): After just over a year of operating at klia2, its main tenant AirAsia Bhd said the new budget passenger terminal is sinking and wants to move its operations back to the previous low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) until issues at the klia2 is resolved.
AirAsia chief executive officer (CEO) Aireen Omar said today the continuous remedial works at the RM4 billion klia2 is hindering AirAsia's operations, making it difficult for the low-cost carrier to operate efficiently.
The airline has also incurred significant additional operational costs to mitigate the impact on its operations from the conditions of the new budget terminal, she said.
"We had to buy a whole new set of equipment to accommodate the conditions at the airport, which is not right," she told reporters after witnessing the signing ceremony between AirAsia Bhd and Destini Aviation Sdn Bhd for their collaboration for maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services.
"Politically, we don't know if they will allow it (move back to LCCT) but that is the best option now.
"We know how LCCT works, we may need to add parking space because we have more aircrafts to deal with but at least we know the kind of grounds we are operating on as opposed to checking bays every day for continued depression," she added.

It was supposed to be one of current gomen flagship projects, what has transpired since then....? Really malu!

Oh I can think of other places where the malu is bigger - like one German airport that's 5 years overdue & counting...

As for Bangkok/Thailand being the largest LCC market - I don't think this is new. They're like the hedonist capital of South East Asia. Malaysia can never beat them, no matter how hard we try!

Let's get our abang macho Transport Minister to show face and say it is "ponding" again......

rrqtxy.jpg

Hope they weren't wearing over Rm2k shoes or reason to buy new.

What is this group of grown men trying to prove by waddling into a pool of water, fully clothed and in broad daylight ?!!

The mind boggles :D

What is this group of grown men trying to prove by waddling into a pool of water, fully clothed and in broad daylight ?!!

I hope there is a sinkhole in it and everyone will be sucked in and vanished forever.

I think the parties involved will downplay the losing to DMK part.

DMK is a prime example that you dont need a brand new dedicated terminal to be no. 1. DMK is also suggesting that SZB should have been Malaysia's LCCT in the first place.

KLIA has the theme 'airport in the forest, forest in the airport'

Of course there is a theme for KLIA2 too, 'airport in the pond, pond in the airport' :)

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

KLIA has the theme 'airport in the forest, forest in the airport'

Of course there is a theme for KLIA2 too, 'airport in the pond, pond in the airport' :)

Brilliant... ! Those ponds are what defines KLIA2

They didn't do first things first - examine how strong the soil is prior to building something expensive on top of it ! Always the key - do things at the right order.

They didn't do first things first - examine how strong the soil is prior to building something expensive on top of it ! Always the key - do things at the right order.

My sketchy recollection of history has it that they did do things in right order - the site of (what is now) KLIA2 was originally declared unsuitable for building upon :)

As to why KLIA2 now sit upon where it is, the debate and speculations are non ending ...... :)

The site is my main complain from the beginning. There was a master plan for KLIA - the second terminal should be opposite the first one, where the green box (marked LCCT) is. But apparently they could not do that because the railway track is too high above ground and it would cost too much to move it. WTF... how much did/will they spend fixing the soil in the end? Haphazard planning... bloody typical...

....and if they had done it at dusk or midnite, minimally-clothed or otherwise...would it make a difference?

What is the soil type at klia2 site? The current issue facing the airport reminds me of KIX, although this is on land!

....and if they had done it at dusk or midnite, minimally-clothed or otherwise...would it make a difference?

Probably not, we'll still be wondering why do it

However, should they sport bright yellow ducky floaties round their waist, we know for sure they mean business, serious business :D

I always get the feeling that whole land (including sepang and dengkil area) has always been soft, maybe due to mining or something.

I remember in 1997 - i drove on the Elite on opening day and it was flat like a pancake. I pretty much drove on the elite every day to work until 2014 and over time the road just started to become very undulating......