MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

I asked the ERL staff today at KLIA about which trains I could board to KLIA2 and he confirmed both are possible and I hopped onto the Express.

Fuel line rupture at bay K4.

Evidently the place is (still) sinking settling until such time that God, mother nature and law of physics decide it's stable

And until such time, build on it at one's own risk - though the engineers and architects may have allowances for an embarrassing moment or two along the way :)

If you have noticed, the only places which were reported to have been sinking are only those with the underground fuel pipelines. Same finding when assessed by Ikram consultation. But who cares as MAHB mentioned that it only affects 1% of the terminal right? :finger:

I wonder how good the foundations of the terminal itself are. Any sinking causing structural problems with the terminal would be even more embarrassing.

At least the roof hasn't collapsed yet...

Shhh...

So AK flights will double park behind another aircraft. Hey double parking is a Malaysian thing!

Shhh...

So AK flights will double park behind another aircraft. Hey double parking is a Malaysian thing!

*cue docked AK pilot running back in looking for the pilot of the double parked plane*

*cue docked AK pilot running back in looking for the pilot of the double parked plane*

"Ladies and gentlemen, will the owner of aircraft registration number 9M-AHB please move your vehicle immediately as it is obstructing traffic. Thank you."

Hopefully pilot not from KK's Damai area :D

More walkalators to be installed

Managing Director Datuk Mohd Badlisham Ghazali said the airport operator planned to fit more walkalators to assist passengers and has to date installed four.

"We have managed to secure the supply of only three due to a shortage.

"Walkalators are not something you can buy off the market...global vendors have also taken orders from other places, and not just this airport," he told reporters here, after the signing of memorandums of understandings (MoU) between the Ministry of International Trade and Industry and 10 vendors under the Bumiputera Vendor Development Programme (VDP).

He said the new walkalators are likely to be installed at the most critical areas for customers, particularly at both the departure and arrival areas.

"This is one of the things we are committed to in enhancing our customer experience, and part and parcel of running an airport.

"It, (walkalator) is a necessary item...and (the cost) borne by us," he said when asked about the investment, adding, MAHB planned to increase the number to 15 at the klia2 next year

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v7/bu/newsbusiness.php?id=1061474

finally...ironically this should have been their priority rather than squeezing every inch of the airport with retail space....

Can't you read ? They say there is a global shortage of walkalators - even if you have money, also cannot buy :rolleyes: :D

Potential retail space, they had plenty to spare :)

Just curious, as I have not had chance to visit the place yet, are those areas to have the new walkalators installed already designed with big cavities incorporated into the floor structure already ? If not, how to install ?

I hope you don't need to climb a flight of stairs to reach the walkalator.