MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

its 100 per cent true, even signboards are placed to remind passengers to go to the gates 25 minutes earlier, half of that time to do your mini marathon. So sad that 3rd class mentality of "pay peanuts get monkey" still persist in the construction of this terminal which supposed to benefit and provide convenience to the public/tax payers especially. most of them can't afford to pay premium tickets or at least to give some choices to the general public in spending their money by opting low cost airlines, this will be a major put off for some.

I transited in HKG after nearly 24 hours of no sleep. With its long endless gates and common waiting areas, it wasn't fun. Still, HKG is one of the best airports in the world.

A long walk is common nowadays at big airports 8)

The terminal looks good on the outside. Inside, a wholw different story. For me its a design failure. A rushed job. Missed opportunity to make it better. Mumbai terminal two is like 100% better. Sure the argument about low cost vs full terminal gonna rise but its a shame where we can do better, we chose not to. The terminal is going to stay for at least 20-30 years. Too bad we will be paying huge electricity bills due to design flaws in KLIA2.

MTB is way better in terms of natural lighting and spaciousness feel.

Exactly, totally agreed with you. From outside it looked great, but when stepped inside, its very bad. The target for MAHB is green airport environment, but in klia2, its totally different. Narrow walkway, bad lighting, not user friendly for elderly and disable and poor in signage and less variety of foods when u are inside the departure hall

I don't see why anyone can't be punctual or even be early at the gate for boarding.

im not talking about punctuality, im talking about accessibility and mobility for which it should have been the paramount consideration in the construction of an airport this big

I transited in HKG after nearly 24 hours of no sleep. With its long endless gates and common waiting areas, it wasn't fun. Still, HKG is one of the best airports in the world.

A long walk is common nowadays at big airports 8)

no wonder we are way behind Singapore in terms of pioneering new ideas...do we have to follow the norms when we know it can be improved?

Exactly, totally agreed with you. From outside it looked great, but when stepped inside, its very bad. The target for MAHB is green airport environment, but in klia2, its totally different. Narrow walkway, bad lighting, not user friendly for elderly and disable and poor in signage and less variety of foods when u are inside the departure hall

my sentiment exactly.....

the main question is whether Klia2 is an airport or a shopping mall? At least the design could be better and that is when arriving at the airport and checking in - the checking in airline counters should be the first thing the passenger see and will allow the passengers to check in for his flight first - before going through the long maze of shops and eateries. It should not be what it is at present where one have to walk through the shops for a good 10 to 15 mins before one arrives at the check in counters.

IxzenHr.png

Alternatively, you can still check-in via the AirAsia mobile app. Once checked in, you can proceed to queue at the respective counters to get your boarding pass printed by flashing the QR code to the guest service on duty.

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

AirAsia will not be using Sita mahb check in machines anymore. Slow expensive and unreliable. Also they don't scan Interpol database.

Have used the SITA machine before (for an AK flight) and I disagree that it's slow. Unreliable - maybe; but slow, most certainly not.

I always wonder why MAHB like to insist AirAsia on using SITA when the latter has their own system in place already. Certainly uniform check in system does not apply to AirAsia compared to other airlines as they have a lot of process being digitised.

Have used the SITA machine before (for an AK flight) and I disagree that it's slow. Unreliable - maybe; but slow, most certainly not.

I would imagine it is the whole process of check in rather than just the SITA bit. Airasia's check in system is more comprehensive and integrated - so it can automate other functions at the same time. This will reduce total check in time. With SITA, they may have to do other processes manually. So it takes longer to process each pax.

So will mandatory "KLIA fees" be reduced?

...or will AK feign ignorance as usual?

They will probably say that SITA is only a small component of the RM 3! ;)

I always wonder why MAHB like to insist AirAsia on using SITA when the latter has their own system in place already. Certainly uniform check in system does not apply to AirAsia compared to other airlines as they have a lot of process being digitised.

Usually for somebody to make "some" money. Standard Malaysian style.

Because MAHB is gomen and that SITA contract was in effect because someone get rich because of it. Without that SITA contract, Malaysia will lose a few millionnair in headcounts, that can not be tolerated.

Good excuse by Uncle Tony. That Interpol bit should safeguard his interest.

Still security in any form is not a concern for the gomen.

Isyyyhh!! Too late now to get a first day cover.

It's still not too late to get it. Just got it this morning folder set klia2 FDC & commemorative stamps at Galeri Setem, Pos Besar Daya Bumi this morning. :)

Understand all trains from klia2 stopped at klia vv but inter terminal pax are advised to take klia transit and not klia express.

Understand all trains from klia2 stopped at klia vv but inter terminal pax are advised to take klia transit and not klia express.

Whats the difference between express and transit? Care to explain more? Sorrg if this has been answered before xD

For inter-terminal transfers, just take which ever train comes first. The ticket given is the "Blue" KLIA Transit one, but will work on either train

For inter-terminal transfers, just take which ever train comes first. The ticket given is the "Blue" KLIA Transit one, but will work on either train

I agreed but signage at station direct pax to ERL transit platform only.