MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

business traveller also use LCC? :D

Yes. Of course. There are so many of them.

Indeed. Just try to fly AK on any of the shuttle flights to SIN, you would be surprised on the amount of business travellers onboard. Once, my seatmate was a Caucasian in suit carrying (among many things) a leather folder with Boeing logo emblem on it.

Yes, cos Airasia has plenty of frequencies to SIN, BKK, BKI, CGK, etc. So it is convenient for business travellers.

It's also cheap if you buy at the right time in advance. So if you can't make it, just let it burn.

Yes, cos Airasia has plenty of frequencies to SIN, BKK, BKI, CGK, etc. So it is convenient for business travellers.

It's also cheap if you buy at the right time in advance. So if you can't make it, just let it burn.

Frequency and prices, the distincts of LCC operation.....

10401544_260011947536266_1785191296_n.jp

geez...I thought planes make money in the air...this doesn't look too good if you ask me??? I wish they could keep the fare a little lower...say 40 to 50 ringgit less...and increase the frequency...more might fly with them...

Indeed. Just try to fly AK on any of the shuttle flights to SIN, you would be surprised on the amount of business travellers onboard. Once, my seatmate was a Caucasian in suit carrying (among many things) a leather folder with Boeing logo emblem on it.

Interesting... i did saw lots of man in suits boarding easyjet/ryanair in europe. but so far not yet for AK. If they can stand the old LCCT, additional 15min walk shld be no prob for them, i think.

KLIA2 is more friendly to business travellers because of one simple fact - fast connectivity to the city thanks to ERL connection right up to their doorstep. I suppose even FY will be affected because of this since SZB road conditions suck at peak periods and there aren't that many alternative roads in that's easyto use.

Surprised AK haven't thought about approaching YTL to start selling ERL tickets as another ancillary revenue.

Interesting... i did saw lots of man in suits boarding easyjet/ryanair in europe. but so far not yet for AK. If they can stand the old LCCT, additional 15min walk shld be no prob for them, i think.

Airasia has been targetting business travellers the past year - their High Flyer fares offer more flexibility and their Red Carpet service is also designed for more premium passengers. You can expect them to be more aggressive in marketing these products, now that they are in klia2. But first, they will need to optimise their klia2 operations...

Suit and tie may not be the normal dresscode to go to work over here.

Do you notice, the number of seats in waiting hall at klia2 is not enough and cannot accommodate pax up to 180 (full load of AK).

Do you notice, the number of seats in waiting hall at klia2 is not enough and cannot accommodate pax up to 180 (full load of AK).

But then the waiting hall is now an open space right? with seats outside of the holding area?

Or am i wrong? Haven't had the chance to try airside KLIA2 as yet

KLIA2 is more friendly to business travellers because of one simple fact - fast connectivity to the city thanks to ERL connection right up to their doorstep. I suppose even FY will be affected because of this since SZB road conditions suck at peak periods and there aren't that many alternative roads in that's easyto use.

Surprised AK haven't thought about approaching YTL to start selling ERL tickets as another ancillary revenue.

Basically, the design of KLIA2 doesn't consider regular travellers. Assumed most if not all are holiday makers, hence plenty of shops and eatery.

Most regular travellers prefer seamless transfer. In most airports, boarding pass check, immigration clearance and security check are immediately one after another, so that overall time taken could be minimize. At KLIA2, immigration clearance and security check is at separate area means need almost twice as much time to clear.

ERL stop at KL Sentral only, not exactly most people doorstep.

Airasia has been targetting business travellers the past year - their High Flyer fares offer more flexibility and their Red Carpet service is also designed for more premium passengers. You can expect them to be more aggressive in marketing these products, now that they are in klia2. But first, they will need to optimise their klia2 operations...

Yup. They still need to optimise everything. They are even short of ramp agents. A friend of mine,a ramp agent based in KCH got "imported" to KLIA2 to help for two weeks. They were housed at the Concorde KLIA. Not sure about the situation now.

But then the waiting hall is now an open space right? with seats outside of the holding area?

Yup. That is correct. I prefer waiting just outside the holding area. Depending on your gate, it can be claustrophobic.

An office colleague told me that it took her half an hour to walk to the gate from check-in area. She was going to Tokyo at the time.

An office colleague told me that it took her half an hour to walk to the gate from check-in area. She was going to Tokyo at the time.

Gate P and Q will make someone walk for quite sometimes....

:)

saw something interesting. :D

Your car?

Certain gates only got waiting hall outside. As per my experiences in both gate K and L, only few seats available outside and not enough seat inside the hall. MAHB should consider other way to improve it. They spend more, but with bad result. If you coming from gate L13, u can see there is a lot of unused space when u walking towards the aerobridge. No seats at all.

Certain gates only got waiting hall outside. As per my experiences in both gate K and L, only few seats available outside and not enough seat inside the hall. MAHB should consider other way to improve it. They spend more, but with bad result. If you coming from gate L13, u can see there is a lot of unused space when u walking towards the aerobridge. No seats at all.

Pax seating doesn't generate revenue, MAHB prefer to collect rent and have pax waiting at F&B outlets.

Nothing new, many airports do not have dedicated holding rooms for each gate. Passengers can wait in common areas until boarding is called.

Frankly, I prefer to be at the F&B enjoying my coffee while waiting than to be holed up in a small room waiting to be called to board... :)

However, it may make Airasia's 25 minute turnaround challenging because pax may be far from the gate when boarding commences...

its 100 per cent true, even signboards are placed to remind passengers to go to the gates 25 minutes earlier, half of that time to do your mini marathon. So sad that 3rd class mentality of "pay peanuts get monkey" still persist in the construction of this terminal which supposed to benefit and provide convenience to the public/tax payers especially. most of them can't afford to pay premium tickets or at least to give some choices to the general public in spending their money by opting low cost airlines, this will be a major put off for some.

its 100 per cent true, even signboards are placed to remind passengers to go to the gates 25 minutes earlier, half of that time to do your mini marathon. So sad that 3rd class mentality of "pay peanuts get monkey" still persist in the construction of this terminal which supposed to benefit and provide convenience to the public/tax payers especially. most of them can't afford to pay premium tickets or at least to give some choices to the general public in spending their money by opting low cost airlines, this will be a major put off for some.

I don't see why anyone can't be punctual or even be early at the gate for boarding.

The terminal looks good on the outside. Inside, a wholw different story. For me its a design failure. A rushed job. Missed opportunity to make it better. Mumbai terminal two is like 100% better. Sure the argument about low cost vs full terminal gonna rise but its a shame where we can do better, we chose not to. The terminal is going to stay for at least 20-30 years. Too bad we will be paying huge electricity bills due to design flaws in KLIA2.

MTB is way better in terms of natural lighting and spaciousness feel.

Ceiling around K-gates also lower than those at J.