MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

This new terminal will put Singapore's Budget Terminal to shame.

No one can beat us when it comes to the worst airport taxi facilities... :rofl:

KUL will be the first airport is South East Asia to have 3 parallel runways for civilian operation. The current 32L / 14R will become 32C / 14C in the future. Changi already have 3 runways, but 02R / 20L is exclusively military.

Someday we might see some B734 with orange tails operating from the new LCCT....

Someday we might see some B734 with orange tails operating from the new LCCT....

hohoho :D

That would be great!!

Someday we might see some B734 with orange tails operating from the new LCCT.

So that rumour about FY is taking over MH old birds and hubbing in KUL LCCT is indeed becoming a reality. I object!

So that rumour about FY is taking over MH old birds and hubbing in KUL LCCT is indeed becoming a reality. I object!

I hope not too. But if there will be spanking new B738 with orange tails, it will be good.

I hope that whatever competition, be it now or then, would have consumer interest in mind. I for one, don't mind flying red, orange or white tail as long as the value for money is for us (with some caution, of course). So, in a nutshell let them fight for us. :yahoo:

If one read carefully, it is a terminal for low cost carriers to operate from

Nothing there to say the terminal itself should be low cost

Heaven forbid in fact

These mega airport projects come by but once in a blue moon, whilst the food chain is constantly growing ;)

Funny how it actually took a very long time for someone to point that out :clapping:

Anybody noticed the hotly-reported illegal sand mining around the KLIA area actually started in tandem with the LCCT construction? Or is just a coincidence?

Anybody noticed the hotly-reported illegal sand mining around the KLIA area actually started in tandem with the LCCT construction? Or is just a coincidence?

Before the last GE, believe the dr gigi was the beneficiary of sand mining in the States, hence his favourite topic. Unlicensed sand mining in the name of deepening riverbed, earth work, etc is perfect cover.

:drinks:

1.5km extension from MTB to the new LCCT to cost RM2 billion! Probably the most expensive rail track in the world.

http://www.kliaekspr...16/Default.aspx

From what I read, the report refers to the total cost of the terminal to MAB at RM2billion not the track only. It says the cost for the rail track extension is not known yet.

The RM 2b is for the permanent LCCT, not the railway.

Still expensive. But then again it is like getting a liter of water, you'll need to start with 5 or 10 liters due to the leaking rusty bucket used for the delivery system.

If I remember correctly, the permanent LCCT site is chosen because the area opposite the MTB cannot be used anymore - despite the original plans for KLIA which allocates space on that side, the KLIA Express rail track was built "too high".

I wonder therefore if the cost of extending the track plus building a new station is more expensive than to simply rebuilt the affected track. Certainly, a new station is not needed at all if the LCCT is built opposite the MTB.

The RM 2b is for the permanent LCCT, not the railway.

Guess RM200 million is more likely, my mistake :pardon: :p

Edited by KK Lee

MAHB and AirAsia negotiation progressed well. Aerobridges, dedicated gates to AK and D7, dual mode runway are all planned at the new LCCT.

AirAsia may consider aerobridges at new LCCT

By Jeeva Arulampalam Published: 2010/08/27

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/jferi/Article/

BUDGET carrier AirAsia Bhd (5099)may consider using aerobridges at the new permanent low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) to aide passenger convenience, says its chief.

"MAHB (Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd) has given us a proposal on using aerobridges and if we can get the right economic deal, we will consider it," AirAsia chief executive officer Datuk Seri Dr Tony Fernandes told Business Times yesterday.

Fernandes added that the airline would still be able to meet its 25-minute turnaround time with the usage of aero-bridges.

The low-cost carrier (LCC) has previously resisted using aerobridges at the current temporary LCCT to keep its cost structure low and be in keeping with its quick turnaround time.

Fernandes said that the airline was also working with the airport operator MAHB to find innovative ways to enhance the passenger experience and security at the new LCCT in Sepang.

"We are assisting them in creating a centre for LCCs to converge and a world-class hub. MAHB has incorporated a lot of what we have asked and in understanding of our needs," he added.

Among the considerations taken into account by the airport operator include the number of parking bays dedicated to AirAsia and AirAsia X and a dual-mode runway that helps reduce the planes' taxi time.

"We are happy with the airspace planning and that the runway will be able to accommodate our A330 and A340 planes," he said.

One outstanding issue that has yet to be resolved though is the public connectivity to the new LCCT.

"We hope that the ERL and KTM services can be extended to the new terminal," said Fernandes.

The groundbreaking ceremony for the new LCCT, to be officiated by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak, will be held next Monday.

AK is using aerobridge at BKK, SGN, HAN, SIN, VTE, DAC, PNH, etc except in Malaysia either AK is short changing pax or MAB is unreasonable with the fee :pardon: :sorry: :angry: :(

AK is using aerobridge at BKK, SGN, HAN, SIN, VTE, DAC, PNH, etc except in Malaysia either AK is short changing pax or MAB is unreasonable with the fee :pardon: :sorry: :angry: :(

My friend said, sometimes AK use aerobridges in KCH. On all AK flights I had been in, only once I board using aerobridge, that was last year in PEN, during wet weather.

Edited by Alif A. F.

AK, don't abandon the stairs! I kinda like it. When you use an aerobridge you walk from the terminal to the cabin, but with the stairs you walk to the plane and see everything before you go on board.

Aerobridges however are disabled-friendly though.

AK, don't abandon the stairs! I kinda like it. When you use an aerobridge you walk from the terminal to the cabin, but with the stairs you walk to the plane and see everything before you go on board.

Aerobridges however are disabled-friendly though.

haha, especially when you enter the plane from rear door, you walk past the CFM engine...amazing experience!

AK and TR use aerobridge here in KCH if its raining..and using it actually speeds up boarding and unboarding(shortened walking distance to/from a/c)

Frankly I think it is time that Tony Fernandes is not so hung up on this aerobridge thingy. And MAHB should reap a publicity coup if they announce that aerobridge will be offered at zero cost to the airlines. This is because with the gold mine that is in the LCCT (high rental income retail lots) it would easily recoup any aerobridge costs rather quickly! So I hope that MAHB will not miss the opportunity to build a world class LCCT and Tony Fernandes can dump his outdated views that aerobridges slow down aircraft turnaround times.