MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Thanks for the update! So they do have a high speed exit. It was not in DCA's initial AIC. And no updated AICs since then

Problems solved. ;)

How about takeoff from 32L since there is no parallel taxiway on the left side? Assuming 33 (new runway) is closed or not yet open.

How about takeoff from 32L since there is no parallel taxiway on the left side? Assuming 33 (new runway) is closed or not yet open.

My gut feel is that departing aircraft will continue to taxi to 32R for take-off.

Philip, on 02 May 2013 - 22:39, said:

http://aip.dca.gov.my/aip%20pdf%20new/AIP%20SUPP/AIPSUPP%20201201.pdf

Here you go. There is a hi-speed taxiway P4 after C4 on the right.

Cool! Thanks for that.

Looking at the LDA, I'd imagine the landing A320s going to KLIA2 will not even need to use idle reverse.

Edited by alberttky

My gut feel is that departing aircraft will continue to taxi to 32R for take-off.

Albert you're right... it will probably be easier to taxi all the way across the airport and take intersection A8 departure from 32R, instead of using 32L

Cool! Thanks for that.

Looking at the LDA, I'd imagine the landing A320s going to KLIA2 will not even need to use idle reverse.

Correction - maintain the use of reversers, but no need to even use any braking.

Nowadays whenever C6 is closed and we need to vacate via C5, I do not use the autobrakes. After touchdown, just use idle reverse and let it roll out. Only brake while approaching C5.

With P4 even farther than C4, I don't think we'll even need to brake at all. By the time we reach it, we'll probably be at 45kt, which is our max speed for vacating via hi-speed taxiways (dry).

There is no benefit to be gained by not using at least reverse idle. On the other hand, the brake life will be extended if we do not use it, especially at high speeds eg just after touchdown.

In summary: autobrakes off, reverse idle

MAHB sticks to June 28 target for KLIA2

SEPANG (May 3, 2013): Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) is sticking to its June 28, 2013 target opening date of the new low-cost carrier terminal in Sepang (KLIA2), amid several analysts predicting a six-month delay with possible cost overruns of up to RM4.5 billion from RM4 billion.

Its senior general manager of operations Datuk Azmi Murad said the airport operator "will issue a statement if necessary" should there be a possible delay.

"We will come back to you when we're ready to issue a statement on KLIA2. Just be patient…We'll come back with a statement if there is any. As far as we're concerned, we're making preparations for end of June," he told reporters after the welcoming reception of Philippine Airlines' (PAL) inaugural flight to Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

CIMB Research and Alliance Research, in their reports, believe that the commissioning of KLIA2 will be delayed by six months to January 2014 given that MAHB will still need to run tests on the terminal and the airlines will also require sufficient preparation time to move into the new terminal, and that a delay will likely result in cost overruns.

Azmi however declined to comment on a possible increase in KLIA2's construction costs.

Source: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/686799

KLIA2 may be delayed: MAHB

PETALING JAYA (May 8, 2013): Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) has come out to say that it may have difficulty in meeting the June 28, 2013 deadline for the opening of the new RM4 billion low-cost carrier terminal in Sepang (KLIA2), despite the earlier commitment given by its contractors.

The airport operator did not elaborate as to what had brought it to such a conclusion.

"MAHB will be meeting the contractors again soon to confirm the ability of the contractors to meet the deadline. Any further updates will be announced accordingly," it said in a filing with Bursa Malaysia yesterday.

Last month, some analysts had opined that KLIA2 is likely to be delayed by about six months due to the need to complete rigorous tests to ensure that it is operationally ready.

The consensus was that the new terminal will only be ready for use in January 2014, and this may result in cost overruns in which some analysts had estimated total construction costs to climb to as high as RM4.5 billion,

However, the announcement by MAHB yesterday made no mention of possible cost overruns.

Source: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/691154

MAY BE? it is so obvious..until now (8th may) still dont want to announce delay ? sleeping all these while..dont know how to manage the contractors..common! :lazy:

Edited by Fairul

MAY BE? it is so obvious..until now (8th may) still dont want to announce delay ? sleeping all these while..dont know how to manage the contractors..common! :lazy:

I am very sure MAB knows very well the delay is inevitable. Any sane person who lands at KLIA and sees the progress of the construction at KLIA 2 would say "No way Jose!"

Anyway, since the election is over, the embargo for the announcement is therefore lifted. Stay tuned!

Turn off the lights, turn it back on, and it will be ready. Easy peasy.

Made me think of this:

922826_10151550846318965_924207557_n.jpg

It's so obvious that the withheld this announcement as an election tactic. Malu.

can someone translate it please...

Sorry, I should've translated it.

"A saying/idiom all Malaysians should learn:

Blackout in Malaysia.

Meaning: Describes a mystical magical occurence

Origin: During vote-counting in Malaysia's election, there was a sudden blackout. After electricity was reinstated, the current government suddenly experienced an extraordinary increase in votes, thus winning the 2013 Malaysian General Elections.

Example in use: Xiao Ming participated in a 1500m race, and was consistently last. Suddenly, like a blackout in Malaysia, he unexpectedly seized victory."

Edited by Mark Teh

as I have expected - its been delayed for few months till year end December if at all can be opened or till early next year. Doubt anyone seriously can believe that MAB can even open the KLIA2 terminal on 28 Jun this year when they announced it.

The airport looks too fancy one for LCC. It can put many airports to shame.