MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

How many domestic flights use the K gates daily? So far all my domestic flights use the J gates. Maybe they want to focus all domestic flights to J and close down K for a while until there is sufficient demand to operate from there?

I know most, most of OD domestic departures are from K gates. While i prefer J gates as it has more airy atmosphere, cant help but to pity shop operators who were assigned lots at J gates. I hope MAHB can work on some compensation for them.

Learned a very expensive lesson in this Boleh-land. Flew into KLIA2 on AK with a connection on 3K from KLIA1 to SIN. 2 hours connecting time no problem so I gave myself some time to walk around KLIA2, since it was my first time there. I decided to take the KLIA express to KLIA about 1 hour to STD. Siapa tahu the train broke down at KLIA1 and there were no train services between the two terminals. Eventually I took a metred taxi to KLIA1 and missed my 3K flight, and bought a one-way fresh ticket to SIN (RM790).

Learned a very expensive lesson in this Boleh-land. Flew into KLIA2 on AK with a connection on 3K from KLIA1 to SIN. 2 hours connecting time no problem so I gave myself some time to walk around KLIA2, since it was my first time there. I decided to take the KLIA express to KLIA about 1 hour to STD. Siapa tahu the train broke down at KLIA1 and there were no train services between the two terminals. Eventually I took a metred taxi to KLIA1 and missed my 3K flight, and bought a one-way fresh ticket to SIN (RM790).

To be fair 2 hours wasn't a lot to begin with, and the 3K counters close 45 mins before STD so even if the train was precisely on time you'd have no time so spare after walking around in KLIA2.

To be fair 2 hours wasn't a lot to begin with, and the 3K counters close 45 mins before STD so even if the train was precisely on time you'd have no time so spare after walking around in KLIA2.

Yes, I used to give 4 hours for LCC to LCC self connections. Nowadays, I try to avoid connections altogether unless it is AK's fly thru service.

Flooded taxiway?

Edited by Radzi

Looks like it requires another layer of pavement soon or else such scooping exercise would be a daily affair since we are now entering the monsoon season.

Looks like it requires another layer of pavement soon or else such scooping exercise would be a daily affair since we are now entering the monsoon season.

Topping up another layer is just the short term solution. Its the underneath structure need to be fixed.

From MAHB website

KAFS HAS RECTIFIED THE KLIA2 FUEL HYDRANT SYSTEM

14 November 2014

SEPANGKL Aviation Fuel System (KAFS) has completed the rectification works at parking bay K2 that was closed in August, which according to KAFS was due to welding defect at the pipeline. KAFS has handed over the parking bay to Malaysia Airports and the fuel hydrant is expected to be re-commissioned for operations on 25 November 2014.

KAFS has also performed a thorough review of all the fuel hydrant system at klia2 and has confirmed that all the fuel hydrant pipelines are free of leakage. Adhering to the highest safety and quality standards, and as a preventive measure, KAFS has requested to further reinforce two other pipelines at parking apron P and Q. This will necessitate the closure of only two parking bays - P2 and Q1- to facilitate the enhancement works by KAFS. KAFS expects the works to be carried out progressively from 26 November 2014 to 10 February 2015 to ensure minimal disruption to operations.

Malaysia Airports continues to provide any assistance required by KAFS and have communicated the status and action plan to all airlines operating at klia2

MALAYSIA AIRPORTS MAINTENANCE PROGRAMME FOR klia2 APRON AND TAXIWAY WELL UNDERWAY

04 November 2014

SEPANG – Malaysia Airports has always placed safety as its top agenda in operating all its airports. In the case of klia2, in addition to the ongoing maintenance works required to upkeep the airport, Malaysia Airports has embarked on a special maintenance programme to address the identified settlement at the parking aprons and taxiways.

“Due to the fact that this was anticipated, we are able to act quickly to rectify the depressions as it happens. This is done in accordance to the ICAO safety and operational guidelines,” says Datuk Badlisham Ghazali, Malaysia Airports Managing Director.

The special maintenance programme comprises immediate and long term solutions that include routine patching works, resurfacing or overlay works and the construction of concrete slab at the affected parking aprons and taxiways.

The resurfacing works (overlay) and routine patching works are performed immediately when there is a depression in accordance to ICAO guidelines, and on a continual basis. The works is performed by the contractor that has been engaged to be on standby onsite and takes about 5-7 hours to complete.

The construction of the concrete slab at the affected parking aprons and taxiways is the long term solution that have commenced at certain areas and will continue until 2016. The work plan is designed as such, in order not to disrupt operations.

Klia2 terminal, apron, taxiway and runway 3 have been independently audited and have been declared safe for operations by both Ikram and ICAO prior to its opening.

Notwithstanding this, Malaysia Airports will provide full support and cooperation towards any further study required by the relevant authority to ensure the safety of passengers and airport operations.

MAHB is committed to resolve the settlement issues in the best possible manner and will continue to work closely with all the stakeholders including the airlines towards this common objective.

From MAHB website

MALAYSIA AIRPORTS MAINTENANCE PROGRAMME FOR klia2 APRON AND TAXIWAY WELL UNDERWAY

After experiencing KLIA2 taxiway ride, most pax will be insensitive to air turbulence (except serious).

PAC takes airport firm to task for ‘unfriendly’ klia2

Malaysia Airport Holdings Bhd's (MAHB) failure to consider the needs of budget airline operators at klia2 has led to cost overruns and problems in the low-cost terminal, the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) said today.
Its chairman, Datuk Nur Jazlan Mohamed, said the airport company ignored the needs and recommendations of clients, including airline operators, in the construction of klia2
Despite its vast experience in managing and running airports, MAHB did not prioritise its clients, he said.
"MAHB is not customer centric. They should build airports for people to use, not determine what people should use," he said at a press conference in Parliament today. – November 25, 2014.

For memory of LCCT before been converted to cargo and haj center.

20141218105305.JPG

20141218100317.JPG

20141218100430.JPG

It seems MAHB is going to distribute these benches to other domestic airports.

20141218100951.JPG

20141218101120.JPG

20141218101254.JPG

20141218105205.JPG

Does anyone knew what happened to the old Tune Hotel LCCT now? kinda wasted to be left empty...

May be transit accommodation for haj.

It is fascinating to find security guard is posted at every walkalator at Klia2 gateway.

Edited by KK Lee

Google map has updated KLIA2's satellite image. Looks like all bay has been reinforced with concrete to counter the sinking issue.

Changi's sat image is also updated, it shows the work in process on ex LCCT terminal.

I went through KLIA2 once last year and I will never do it again.

Some can be too dramatic sometimes. Yes klia2 is no SIN,HKG or HND. Heck it is not even on par with the MTB and Sat 1 in terms of user friendliness. But if compared to the original LCCT it is galaxies better. Regular users of AK and the original LCCT that I personally know all appreciate klia2 with the exception of the long walking time to the gates. Yes there are areas in need of improvement but to dismiss it altogether is a bit silly.