MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Good example are the units already installed in the Skybridge. Just a slight ramp (wheelchair friendly).

If the walkalators are raised, then it is a similar concept to the one in IST airport. It is troublesome that you might as well walk straight instead of going up and down, lugging your luggage along

Can't you read ? They say there is a global shortage of walkalators - even if you have money, also cannot buy :rolleyes: :D

Potential retail space, they had plenty to spare :)

haha...i intentionally omitted to read that part...dont want to mess my head with nonsensical statements "malaysian style"

If the walkalators are raised, then it is a similar concept to the one in IST airport. It is troublesome that you might as well walk straight instead of going up and down, lugging your luggage along

we need those walkalators to help us walk faster, with those long neverending corridors dont think it was meant for leisure walking and sight seeing...so at the end of the day long walk is still required...only faster :closedeyes:

No way!!! Was this today? Widely reported everywhere...this is very scary!

It is a typical weather front, normally at higher elevation.

No. It's an alien invasion. You just don't know it. In fact. They're aliens who takes over smartphones and they're actually having sex with your fingers. They can tell you're enjoying it from the smile on your face ! Hahah

That explains why the fingers instictively move towards the phone during most awake minutes of the day

And those smudges on the screen too :D

10575406_771447319582262_986152811106904

Just testing the pilots, how will they handle this one.

KLIA2 to get 19 more walkalators

SEPANG: The long walk to departure gates at KLIA2 will be a thing of the past once 19 more walkalators are installed at the complex.
There are currently two 60m long walkalators at the complex.

More at: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/14/KLIA2-to-get-19-more-walkalators/

They should have seen this coming even before the airport commences operation.

KLIA2 to get 19 more walkalators

SEPANG: The long walk to departure gates at KLIA2 will be a thing of the past once 19 more walkalators are installed at the complex.

There are currently two 60m long walkalators at the complex.

More at: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/10/14/KLIA2-to-get-19-more-walkalators/

They should have seen this coming even before the airport commences operation.

They were too busy after the world biggest lcct title that they overlooked even the simplest thing .. lol Edited by Fairul

How can they overlooked this issue? They expect the passengers would actually like to take an hour stroll along way to the gates lugging heavy luggage and all? And while at it, small kiosk will be put along the way to distract their tiredness. Incompetence as it was never on the blue-print or deliberated because of the already inflated cost to build the airport?

How one know the ball park figures for such walkalators?

Anyways, the walkalators is surely required here. And while at it, please educate the users to always stand on left, so that extremely late passengers can pass through on the right. I noticed that Malaysians don't generally know about this small but helpful courtesy.Its time to put signs up not only at airports, but also every where else in the city shopping malls etc.

How can they overlooked this issue? They expect the passengers would actually like to take an hour stroll along way to the gates lugging heavy luggage and all? And while at it, small kiosk will be put along the way to distract their tiredness. Incompetence as it was never on the blue-print or deliberated because of the already inflated cost to build the airport?

How one know the ball park figures for such walkalators?

Anyways, the walkalators is surely required here. And while at it, please educate the users to always stand on left, so that extremely late passengers can pass through on the right. I noticed that Malaysians don't generally know about this small but helpful courtesy.Its time to put signs up not only at airports, but also every where else in the city shopping malls etc.

In England , it is stand on the right. In fact until I went to Singapore I did not know that there was such a thing as stand on the left. So everyone who have been to england but not Singapore will be standing on the wrong side according to you.

I don't know if this is a real excuse but the walkalators were really "out of stock" for a while globally. In fact I passed through the airport a few times when it first opened and noticed markings on the floor for where the walkalators could be.

I don't know if this is a real excuse but the walkalators were really "out of stock" for a while globally. In fact I passed through the airport a few times when it first opened and noticed markings on the floor for where the walkalators could be.

Another point of view worth examining. If that is the case, then MAHB does have the plan insight but an external issue beyond their control dented it for a while.

Shops at domestic departures from K gates are all closed.. dont know if its for good..

How many domestic flights use the K gates daily? So far all my domestic flights use the J gates. Maybe they want to focus all domestic flights to J and close down K for a while until there is sufficient demand to operate from there?

It's official - the MAHB CEO mentioned to the press a few days ago that the longest track to boarding gate is 1.6km. With only 2 travelators - at least one of which was not functioning during my recent trip.

Edited by V Wong

Not much difference between KLIA2 and LCCT walking distances is there? But at LCCT, u have to walk outside (exposed to the elements) and there is no aircond....

In England , it is stand on the right. In fact until I went to Singapore I did not know that there was such a thing as stand on the left. So everyone who have been to england but not Singapore will be standing on the wrong side according to you.

I am not which side is correct. Perhaps follow traffic i.e. over here slower traffic on the left, overtaking on the right.

I know I know. Using Malaysian driver as example may not be the best.

In England , it is stand on the right. In fact until I went to Singapore I did not know that there was such a thing as stand on the left .....

I know what you mean - I tend to end up standing on wrong side of escalators/walkalators when I go travelling, which then make me susceptible to back poking and reprimands from my wife

I sort of like the system we have here at home - no one cares which side is 'correct' - if you need to go past, just shove through gently :lol:

Actually, most escalators and travolators have notices posted at regular intervals. So read them, and you will know which side to stand...

Actually, most escalators and travolators have notices posted at regular intervals .....

Even the ones at home ...... ?! :)

To be honest, I can only recall the ones in London Tube - bit blur wrt others, sorry :)

Edited by BC Tam