MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Maybe the bomoh can fix it.

Precisely what I was thinking! :D

Kuching no need la...waste money...only flights to Singapore...

Perhaps that's a subtle way of saying they don't even check for lost/stolen Malaysian passports for the peninsular arrivals.

Which era are those ghosts from?

• Japanese occupation (they discovered a bomb from the Japanese era during construction)
  • Oil palm plantation estates era
  • Leftovers from those that were supposed to be ferried away by 40 school buses by Uztaz Haron Din during KLIA's construction
  • Dead klia2 construction workers

3) got staff been poked by something when they fall asleep

Wow !! :)

(maybe it was boss trying to get some work out of said staff ?)

Heard the Latest gossip from klia2 about horror stories in Gate K/L. Few staffs which I not really sure either AirAsia, Malindo , Duty free or AVSEC personnel saw something that supposed not to see.

1) heard the strange sound at gate K8, like a sound of bell, crawling, knocking n etc

2) smell the kemboja flowers

3) got staff been poked by something when they fall asleep

4) saw the "pocong" rolling at gate till few staff ran away

5) saw the old lady

6) staff histeria

Omg, these paranormal activities should be taken seriously and the authority should do something .

I can attest to point number 1. Was at K8 3 days ago waiting for my flight, heard those sounds that seem to have come from the ceiling. Felt like the ceiling is going to collapse anytime.

Edited by Walter Sim

I can attest to point number 1. Was at K8 3 days ago waiting for my flight, heard those sounds that seem to have come from the ceiling. Felt like the ceiling is going to collapse anytime.

End of J concourse as well, where smoking lounge is.

But very likely just some ongoing construction / installation work causing the echos.

Which era are those ghosts from?

• Japanese occupation (they discovered a bomb from the Japanese era during construction)
  • Oil palm plantation estates era
  • Leftovers from those that were supposed to be ferried away by 40 school buses by Uztaz Haron Din during KLIA's construction
  • Dead klia2 construction workers

If I remember correctly, there was similar occurrence when MTB was completed in 1997. After consultation, the spirits requested and returned to Japan by MH.

May be MAB should perform similar ritual.

Edited by KK Lee

MAHB queried over Tamil signages
BY NURBAITI HAMDAN, ALLISON LAI, AND A.RAMAN
MALAYSIA Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) has been queried over the absence of Tamil in signages at KLIA2, Malaysia Nanban reported.
The issue was raised by Nilai assemblyman J. Arulkumar in a statement to Tamil media on Wednesday.
He also sent an SMS to the airport operator asking for an explanation.
The paper said MAHB had responded that all decisions on the languages to use at airports are in the hands of the Cabinet.

More at: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/05/23/MAHB-queried-over-Tamil-signages/

Haiz.......more $$ to spend to re-do signboards??

BY NURBAITI HAMDAN, ALLISON LAI, AND A.RAMAN
MALAYSIA Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) has been queried over the absence of Tamil in signages at KLIA2, Malaysia Nanban reported.
The issue was raised by Nilai assemblyman J. Arulkumar in a statement to Tamil media on Wednesday.
He also sent an SMS to the airport operator asking for an explanation.
The paper said MAHB had responded that all decisions on the languages to use at airports are in the hands of the Cabinet.

More at: http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/05/23/MAHB-queried-over-Tamil-signages/

Haiz.......more $$ to spend to re-do signboards??

Great! After this there will be a request for Kadazan, Iban and "lain-lain" languages as well....

Is it? So the sound from K8 was not the ghost sound but it is the sound of weak infrastucture there. I hope it won't happen as MAHB was said that klia2 was approved by ICAO standard.

I came accross when travelled to KBR yesterday evening, and I saw that NO emergency light at all from K2 up to K22. The only emergency light is at the walkway to aerobridge. Only one!

Lets wait and see if any structure will collapse - like the stadium roofs in Terengganu. Our contractors are terrible because they are paid peanuts.

I would think that the real cost of klia2 was closer to RM 2b. The other RM 2b just went...... poof! ;)

Takutttt.... of structural weakness of KLIA2, not hantu! Part of my workplace's roof collapsed last week after an hour of torrential downpour. The budget to construct this building was slashed drastically during the 1997 economic downturn.

Edited by V Wong

10403328_10152930034626091_5518082527580

Nope. Didn't hear anything unusual. Only complaint is the waiting room is extremely small. What are we loading anyway? ATR72?

10390926_10152930034681091_5270071038282

It doesn't look/feel like an airport. Small walkway, dubious structure here and there, lack of signage etc. Also plenty of BR ice-cream booths. :o

What are the chances of aerobridge collapse, bringing a door with it? Seems rather common these days although not in Malaysia.

On a side note, car rental booth on the ground floor land-side.

1901247_10152930034036091_69733267224069

Edited by Waiping

1) heard the strange sound at gate K8, like a sound of bell, crawling, knocking n etc

End of J concourse as well, where smoking lounge is.

Sound, cracking, crawling, ceiling - 1 thing - Juon. It's a Japanese ghost guys.

If I remember correctly, there was similar occurrence when MTB was completed in 1997. After consultation, the spirits requested and returned to Japan by MH.

May be MAB should perform similar ritual.

I wonder who got to seat in J class. Must be the Jenderals.

Great! After this there will be a request for Kadazan, Iban and "lain-lain" languages as well....

I demand one in Bugis. Najib is Bugis, Ali Rustam is Bugis. Azizul some more.

3pzSI0s.jpg

Went to KLIA2 just now and took shots from the terminal - Landing with Runway 15 is awesome for the people here.

When I went to the KFC side and spot there - i noticed that the J gates now has these re-inforced parking blocks.

IIRC, it wasnt there before.

Yeah, Runway 15 landings will be very interesting to shoot... They should also reinforce the ground where the aerobridge wheels are running on.

3pzSI0s.jpg

Went to KLIA2 just now and took shots from the terminal - Landing with Runway 15 is awesome for the people here.

When I went to the KFC side and spot there - i noticed that the J gates now has these re-inforced parking blocks.

This reminds me of the current Doha Airport. Some of the parking bays were sinking the moment they opened only to close shortly after for repairs.

3pzSI0s.jpg

to begin with, i was suprised to see these parkings bays are flexible pavement (same material as runways) and not concrete pavement which can withstand heavier load on static mode..last weekend Mahb closed 2 bays at J7 and J9...suspect the same case as above

By the way those reinforced blocks seems to be temporary measures...look closelythose are on the exact path of the load from the wheels..i can guarantee cracks will happen soon surrounding it..gd luck malaysia airport

MAHB tried to defend the problem saying only 1% of the pavement cracks. The problem is the 1% is all that is being used by an aircraft in airport, especially when over 80% of the load are from A320, the tarmac usage is typically the same area day-in day-out!!!

just experienced KLIA 2 this weekend...while it's a bigger venue than the previous LCCT, im just wondering whether functionality was the first priority when they plan the design.

i)One major qualm that i have is that people (esp passengers) first have to endure passing thru an area which looks like a big shopping mall just to get to the main check in area.

ii)then, from there we have to walk along endless corridor, most without a travelator to the gate and be prepared with tiger balm or muscle rub as you'll end up with sore leg muscle esp if the assigned gate is at the far end (mine was Q)

iii)Further, there are many unnecessary ramps that you have to walk along just to get to another level-why cant they install escalators instead??

iv) Faulty flushes in toilets-though being brand new

v)On return i noticed some of the metal railings of the baggage scanner fell off dangling

Modern facility built with the rakyat money of third world quality........................

MAHB tried to defend the problem saying only 1% of the pavement cracks. The problem is the 1% is all that is being used by an aircraft in airport, especially when over 80% of the load are from A320, the tarmac usage is typically the same area day-in day-out!!!

TheSun reported the same stance as yours in today's paper.