MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

I'm beginning to wonder if KLIA2's getting to the point of becoming so mall like that people will just go there for jalan jalan instead of a regular mall.

I think its good to have the mall concept as now, folks living at Sepang, Nilai, Labu have a proper mall to go to the next closest is Alamanda

How is the phone signal reception at the airport terminal?

Everywhere full bar or bad signal?

especially underground / low level

I think its good to have the mall concept as now, folks living at Sepang, Nilai, Labu have a proper mall to go to the next closest is Alamanda

I agree that. Making the airport full of crowd is better than KLIA now :)

Hope all the restaurant and retails are opening 24x7 and it will be malaysia 1st 24 hours operated mall :clapping:

Too bad no cinema available or bowling or sing k or gym centre....

Hope all the restaurant and retails are opening 24x7 and it will be malaysia 1st 24 hours operated mall :clapping:

I can attest to the fact that full bar not necessary means good service/reception.

Woww! Hard to believe we will board a budget airline from there. Looks like a friendly shopping mall than an airport with interesting tenants.. :)

MAHB is hoping to recoup the building costs via rentals from the commercial lots - they have realised they will not be able to milk the passengers and airlines forever. They are trying to emulate Changi's thriving mall. Not a bad thing to copy...

When you enter from the car park, the first building is actually the shooping mall. The second building is the actual terminal.

Huge crowd at the Open Day today, probably what they had hoped for to really test their machinery. There were some teething problems but nothing major. Aircond can't cope with the crowd...

For plane spotters, I think they can forget shooting at the Skybridge on arrival. It is far better to shoot during departure time.

Just look at the crowds!

web.jpg

This is a double edged sword - yes, MAHB needs the traffic to recoup the investment. If it however becomes crowded to the point like it is in MNL/CGK as an example - we're back at square one with the bus shed, and ultimately the traveller suffers.

This is a double edged sword - yes, MAHB needs the traffic to recoup the investment. If it however becomes crowded to the point like it is in MNL/CGK as an example - we're back at square one with the bus shed, and ultimately the traveller suffers.

What is the problem ? Just build another shopping arcade airport terminal to cope with the hoard of bodies

It's just a few billion ringgit anyway, plus consultants, contractors, suppliers can have another pie to share out :)

Is there any airside transfer between terminals? Any chance of ERL transfer between terminals becoming FOC in the future?

Is there any airside transfer between terminals? Any chance of ERL transfer between terminals becoming FOC in the future?

I dont think FOC is in the works.

But i heard the transfer is going to be RM2.

MAHB is hoping to recoup the building costs via rentals from the commercial lots - they have realised they will not be able to milk the passengers and airlines forever. They are trying to emulate Changi's thriving mall. Not a bad thing to copy...

When you enter from the car park, the first building is actually the shooping mall. The second building is the actual terminal.

Huge crowd at the Open Day today, probably what they had hoped for to really test their machinery. There were some teething problems but nothing major. Aircond can't cope with the crowd...

For plane spotters, I think they can forget shooting at the Skybridge on arrival. It is far better to shoot during departure time.

Just look at the crowds!

web.jpg

Its a preview of how packed KLIA2 will be when AirAsia group is full swing there!

No airside access at all. ERL transfer cost is RM 2.

Some people will bitch and say that both SIN airside and landside transfers are free. But their airport charges are also much higher. So, you have paid for it whether you use it or not.

World's tallest control tower, with the old tower in the background.

web.jpg

The landside hotel, Tune Hotel, is almost ready to open... Airside hotel is Sama Sama Express -stay on blocks of 6 hours.

web.jpg

I saw an advertisement on Changi (not sure if it is true) that duty free items you find at Changi is comparable price with downtown. I'd always thought that they just wanted to really milk you at the airport so I try to move asap. :p

Just look at the crowds!

web.jpg

hope that it won't be this crowded when normal operations commence.

Oh and those trees look sad

Runway tour - in the morning, the convoy was 3 buses. In the afternoon, this increased to 5 buses!

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Just took a drive out there after dinner.... obviously couldn't go inside - but my first observations.. it looks pretty good (when empty) :)

Also - you heard it here first: The drop off and pick up areas for passenger using private cars are undersized. Doesn't look like it's either long or wide enough.... :p

Also - you heard it here first: The drop off and pick up areas for passenger using private cars are undersized. Doesn't look like it's either long or wide enough.... :p

Agree - it is too short. But at the MTB, the concourse is super long, and the roadway is super wide. It is still congested because some people just insist on parking! So, I would say that if the marshaling is bad, it would still be as bad as LCCT, even though it is an improvement.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Was there this morning. The 'Check in' to get the boarding pass for the tour was slow. Probably bcos everyone's details needed to be checked in, including infant. Nevertheless the counter clerk were pleasant all the time. A bit of choas going into the boarding area as the crowd was huge. We were two hundred something in total numbers of check in visitors by noon.

I believe It won't turn out to be a mere shopping mall as parking fees will be a factor to consider if folks just want to be there to shop.

Mobile lines weren't that good at baggage collection area. Only certain spots you will get half bar. Secluded areas where restaurant are located have poor reception. Broad band was free for an hour but that too was congested today,slow.

Getting to the shopping n terminal from car park is a bit confusing at first as there were no one to usher us along. Exiting is a chore as all levels ' parking exited at one particular floor only. One need to drive around quite sometime before arriving to the exit floor. Perhaps today is exceptional as the crowd was pretty big.

Overall I think it's a leap jump compared with LCCT. Spacious and with lots of shops to browse while waiting for flight. Food choice is pretty good. There's one restaurant serving vegan and organic food as well. Not open today thou. The PA system wasn't that good. Most of the time I couldn't here clearly what was announced. And the chime for the PA is pretty uninteresting. Unlike KLIA.

Hope the bad taxi service will not be brought over from the old place.

KLIA2,will do well.

Edited by Cire

The reception will be improved in the future once thetelcos installthose indoor receivers commonly found at shopping malls. Btw if indeed klia2 atttacts shoppers in the future, it wont affect travellers that much as the mall is seperated from the terminal. Crowd from the under contruction Mitsui Outlet Park might also stop by klia2 if the offerings are attractive enough

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Yeah I was there too this morning. Surprise to see huge number of people there. I was number 3800+ something to check in around 11:30am. Quite a lot of stuffs still need to be sorted out.

International arrival will be a long, long walk. Then up the escalator, through the sky-bridge, down the escalator & lastly down another escalator just to get to immigration.

Furthest gate takes about 20 mins to get to from the satellite building after the sky-bridge. :o

News reports 20k visitors..glad to be part of it too. Did you any of you win the lucky draw? :D

I saw two AK's A320 park at KLIA2 terminal when I landed at KLIA on Friday 25/4. Were the two A320s still there ?

That was part of the simulation exercise with two A320 (AK) and one A330 (D7).

KUALA LUMPUR, April 28 (Bernama) -- The klia2 Open Day was meant as a one-day event only although it had received an overwhelming response from the public, according to Malaysia Airports.

In a statement today, the airport operator said it hosted 78,000 visitors throughout the Open Day on April 27, more than triple its earlier estimation of 20,000 visitors.

Visitor numbers hit 20,000 even before noon, with crowds of people flowing in non-stop as early as 8.00 am, an hour before the registration counters opened, it said.

Long queues were seen at the registration counters and tour checkpoints.

Malaysia Airports said it extended the klia2 Open Day closing yesterday to 7.00 pm from 5.00 pm, to allow the public more time for the tours as the crowd was still heavy even in the late afternoon.

The klia2 terminal will be closed for further cleaning and final preparation from now until the terminal officially commences operations on Friday, May 2.

Malaysia Airports thanked the visitors for their positive and constructive feedback, adding it hopes to have more similar engagements with the public towards the betterment of services and facilities at klia2 in the future.

I would say its a good shake-down for the airport.

Now, time to improve it further.