MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Good la. Malaysian kan the fattest in ASEAN.

Plus, the longer walk would solidifies KLIA's position as the airport which requires passengers to walk the furthest in the world.

I can attest to ATL...it's like a walkathon...you can take the train if you are not in a hurry...

So the race to built the tallest, largest, widest, longest goes on....Congrats Malaysia!! Lets hope we won't be outshined soon.

Maybe it is also the world champion for the longest delay from the original completion date?

Definately not the longest delay for KLIA2!

I guess Berlin Airport tops all from the past to the future regarding delayed opening. What a shame....

Cheers

Andreas

1. Are all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights affected by this move?

Yes, all of AirAsia and AirAsia X’s flights will be moving to klia2 effective Friday, 9th May 2014.

Please take note that there are some flights on 8th May 2014 which will land in klia2 directly instead of LCC Terminal.

[Please refer to Table 1 & Table 2 at the end of this document for list of flights]

2. Are there any changes to my flight schedule because of this move?

Please check www.airasia.com for the latest flight schedule before you depart for the airport.

There will be some flights which will be arriving into klia2 directly on 8th May 2014. The flights are as per listed in Table 1 & Table 2 at the end of this document.

Guests are also able to refer the list of flights in the microsite http://www.airasia.com/klia2

NOTE: Microsite will only go live on 5th MAY 2014.

3. What if I parked my car at the LCC Terminal Parking area when I travel prior to 9th May 2014, and now I am landing at klia2. How do I get from klia2 to LCC Terminal to get my car?

A complimentary shuttle bus service between klia2 and LCCT will be provided by Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB) from 1st May until 15th May 2014. The shuttle bus will be available every 15 – 20 minutes.

Where to board the bus at LCCT:

Guests are able to board the shuttle bus at the current staging area of the bus services in LCCT (Lane 3 in front of LCCT, next to the taxi lane).

Where to board the bus at klia2:

Level 1 of klia2 terminal

4. Other airlines such as Malindo, Lion Air, Cebu Pacific will begin operations in klia2 effective 2nd May 2014, however AirAsia is still at LCCT from that date until 9th May 2014. What are the services that will be available at the LCCT throughout that week? Will my travel plans / journey be disrupted by this?

No, your travel plans / journey will not be disrupted at all by this transition period between 2nd May - 9th May 2014. All immigration, security and customs counters will still operate normally at the LCCT throughout those dates, including public transportation into LCCT.

5. I don’t want to fly into klia2, can I ask for a refund?

No refunds are allowed based on our T&Cs.

We have informed our guests in advance regarding the change of airport. Should you require further assistance on your booking, please contact us via:

1. Ask AirAsia via www.airasia.com/ask

2. Online form at http://www.airasia.com/my/en/e-form.page

3. Live Chat (available via Ask AirAsia after login using the AirAsia member ID).

6. If my flight is on 8 May 2014, but arrival time is 9 May 2014, am I arriving at KLIA2?

Yes, that is correct. If your arrival time is on 9th May 2014, you will be arriving at the new KLIA2. We would encourage you to make all necessary arrangements for transport from KLIA2.

7. How do I know which counters I can check-in when I get to klia2 for AirAsia / AirAsia X flights?

We ask all passengers to check-in using web check-in via www.airasia.com or via the AirAsia Mobile App. However, there is ample signage to direct you to our check-in kiosks and baggage drop counters. Alternatively, you may seek assistance from our staff on duty at the airport who will be more than happy to help you.

8. I did not receive any emails / SMS / calls from AirAsia about this change of airport and turned up at LCC Terminal on my departure day - what resolution will AirAsia provide to me?

We have informed our guests in advance regarding the change of airport. Should you require further assistance, please contact us via:

1. Ask AirAsia via www.airasia.com/ask

2. Online form at http://www.airasia.com/my/en/e-form.page

3. Live Chat (available via Ask AirAsia after login using the AirAsia member ID).

We strongly encourage all our guests to keep their AirAsia member profile updated so that we are able to update you accordingly.

9. Will this move mean I need a new flight itinerary?

You do not need a new flight itinerary for this airport move, as the airport code remains the same (whether you arrive in KLIA or KLIA2, your departing or arriving airport code will still be KUL).

You will be receiving an email notification informing you of your departure or arrival terminal, which will now be changed from LCC Terminal to KLIA2. We encourage all of our guests to update their AirAsia member profile to ensure that you will be informed of this airport change, as well further updates in the future.

10. What if I have already conducted web check-in before the airport move? Will I need to re-check-in and print a new boarding pass?

You will not need to check-in again as the station/airport code is still the same.

Guests already checked-in but travelling with checked baggage will be able to use the dedicated AirAsia baggage drops in KLIA2.

11. Is Red Carpet service still available in klia2?

Our Red Carpet service will be temporarily unavailable from 9th May for a period of four to six weeks. This is to permit time for our contractors to complete the works to our lounge facilities and ensure full operational readiness of KLIA2.

Guests having already purchased Red Carpet services for outbound journeys from Kuala Lumpur will be entitled to a credit shell for the fees paid. Bookings for Red Carpet services for travel arriving into Kuala Lumpur are unaffected.

Red Carpet services will be reinstated as soon as possible. We will keep our guests informed.

12. What are the options that are available for me to get to klia2?

There are many choices of public transport to get to and from klia2. For more information, you can refer to these below:

Buses: http://www.klia2.info/buses

Taxis: http://www.klia2.info/taxis

Trains: http://www.klia2.info/rail

13. What happens if I already booked my SkyBus? Will it bring me straight to klia2?

Yes, you will still be able to utilise your SkyBus booking which you have made through the AirAsia website. The SkyBus terminal will be at Level 1 of klia2.

For more information about SkyBus schedules and departure & drop-off points, kindly visit: http://skybus.com.my/

14. What if I have booked my SkyBus and I will be arriving into klia2 after 1800hrs GMT +8 on 8th May 2014. Can I still utilise my SkyBus booking and where do I board the bus?

Yes, you are still able to utilize your SkyBus booking, however you would need to board the bus from LCCT.

A complimentary shuttle bus service between klia2 and LCCT will be provided by Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB) from 1st May until 15th May 2014. The shuttle bus will be available every 15 – 20 minutes.

Guests are able to board the shuttle bus at the current staging area of the bus services in LCCT (Lane 3 in front of LCCT, next to the taxi lane).

15. What are the access for pick up and drop-off points? KL Sentral only? Or also from One Utama?

Please refer to http://skybus.com.my/

16. Apart from SkyBus, are there any other bus operators who can provide access to klia2 from various parts of Selangor & Kuala Lumpur?

Yes, you can refer to this link: Buses: http://www.klia2.info/buses

17. Are there any other alternatives of getting to klia2 apart from the bus & taxi?

Yes, you can take the train. For more information, kindly visit: Trains: http://www.klia2.info/rail

18. How far is the current LCC Terminal to klia2?

It is about 20km away from the current LCC Terminal.

19. How can I get from LCC Terminal to klia2?

20. Where can I park my car at klia2?

6,000 parking lots are available at the Integrated Complex Building at klia2. All visitors and guests are able to park their cars there. The car park is managed by MAHB and you may refer to the klia2 website: http://klia2.info/ for more information about the car park.

21. What are the charges?

The car park is managed by MAHB and you may refer to the klia2 website: http://klia2.info/ for further information about the car park.

22. Who operates the car park at klia2?

The car park is managed by MAHB and you may refer to the klia2 website: http://klia2.info/ for further information about the car park.

23. Is the car park autopay or do I pay at the counter as I exit?

24. Is the car park covered?

The car park in the Integrated Complex Building is covered. As the car park is managed by MAHB, you may refer to the klia2 website http://klia2.info/ for further information.

25. How far is the car park to the terminal building so that I can estimate my journey time & the time I need to get to the airport before my flight?

All AirAsia and AirAsia X counters will be open three (3) hours before scheduled departure time, and will be closed one (1) hour before scheduled departure time effective 9th May 2014 onwards at klia2.

We would like to advise all our guests to arrive ahead of the recommended check-in time to ensure that there is ample time to move from the check-in counters to your designated departure gates.

26. Are you using aerobridges in klia2?

Yes, all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights will be utilizing the aerobridges at klia2 for the comfort of all our guests.

27. Myself / my family member / friend requires wheelchair services while traveling, where is the wheelchair counter located in klia2?

Our staff will continue to offer full wheelchair and assistance services to guests who require this service. We request and require all guests to pre-book the required service online via Manage my Booking at www.airasia.com.

Assistance desks will be clearly visible and signed for guests when they arrive in KLIA2.

28. What are the retail / shopping options available in klia2?

Please visit klia2’s website http://klia2.info/ for the airport directory.

29. What kind of F&B outlets are available in klia2?

Please visit klia2’s website http://klia2.info/ for the airport directory.

30. Do you have an AirAsia lounge in klia2? What are the services available at the lounge?

Lounge services are available as part of AirAsia’s Red Carpet service. This will be available soon after we commence operations in KLIA2.

Guests wishing to purchase direct lounge access may have the option to do so from private lounge operators, such as Premium Plaza.

31. What if I lost my luggage, where should I go?

Guests should report to our Baggage Services office located in the international or domestic arrival areas. Any claims for lost or delayed baggage should be reported to our staff before exiting the arrival hall.

32. What if my baggage is damaged, where should I go to get assistance from AirAsia / AirAsia X staff?

Guests should report to our Baggage Services office located in the international or domestic arrival areas. Any claims for damaged baggage should be reported to our staff before exiting the arrival hall.

33. Can I go ‘straight-to-gate’ if I don’t have any check-in baggage & I have already web checked-in with a printed boarding pass?

If you have received a boarding pass that states “Proceed direct to Security and Immigration” then you may proceed directly to the checkpoint area, before proceeding to the baording gate.

Guests requiring a document check will be advised by means of a notice on the boarding pass. You may proceed to our dedciated document check counters for visa/passport checks.

34. Where are your baggage drop counters located?

These are the counters which AirAsia occupies in klia2: Row T, U, V, Y & Z (subject to operational change). All counters are clearly labelled and guests can check the Flight Information Display System (FIDS) monitors throughout the terminal.

AirAsia and AirAsia X will operate a ‘common check-in’ arrangement in klia2 that creates more flexibility for our guests as there will not be dedicated counters for each flight. Please check the FIDS monitors or approach one of our friendly ground staff upon arrival at the terminal.

35. Where is the document-check counter?

Document-check counters (for guests who require this) are located on every row which AirAsia occupies. Please check signage / monitors for further information.

36. Where can I check-in if I have not printed my boarding pass?

All guests must conduct self check-in through these methods:

1. Web check-in at our website

2. Mobile Check-in through our mobile apps

3. Self check-in kiosks which are available throughout the terminal at klia2

Guests will not be accepted for counter check-in and may only use the counters for baggage drop.

37. Are there AirAsia / AirAsia X self check-in kiosks available at klia2?

Yes, guests may use our self check-in kiosks which are located adjacent to our baggage drop counters at AirAsia’s designated rows.

38. How far is it to walk from the baggage drop counters to the immigration & security checkpoints? How far from there to the departure gates?

The new airport encompasses an area of 257,000m2 and as it is a new environment, it would take slightly longer than normal to get from one point to another in the airport. We would encourage our guests to get to the airport ahead of the recommended check-in time to familiarize themselves with the new airport.

For your information, all AirAsia and AirAsia X counters will be open for baggage drop three (3) hours before scheduled departure time, and will be closed one (1) hour before scheduled departure time effective 9th May 2014 onwards at klia2.

We would like to advise all our guests to arrive a minimum of three hours before departure to ensure that there is ample time to move from the check-in counters to your designated departure gates.

39. Are there different access points for domestic & international flights?

Yes, please find below more information about the different gates for domestic & international:

Domestic Flights Gates J & K International Flights Gates P & Q Transfer Hall between Domestic & International Terminals Gate L

40. I have a Fly-Thru booking, how would this move affect me? Where do I catch my connecting flight?

All Fly-Thru guests are able to connect via the Transfer Halls between domestic & international gates. Please approach one of our friendly ground staff to assist you.

41. Where can I get more information about klia2?

You can obtain more information about klia2 at this link: http://www.klia2.info/

42. Are there any changes to the airport tax / passenger service charge (PSC)?

No, there are no changes to the passenger service charge (PSC).

AirAsia Flights Arriving into klia2 on 8th May 2014:

TABLE 1: DOMESTIC FLIGHTS

No Departure From Flight Num Departure Arrival into klia2 1 Terengganu AK 6227 1615hrs 1710hrs 2 AK 6221 2120hrs 2215hrs 3 Kota Bharu AK 6439 1710hrs 1810hrs 4 AK 6443 2155hrs 2255hrs 5 AK 6447 2315hrs 0015hrs (9th May) 6 Tawau AK 5741 1855hrs 2140hrs 7 Bintulu AK 5243 1945hrs 2145hrs 8 Alor Setar AK 6015 2145hrs 2250hrs 9 Johor Bahru AK 6049 2205hrs 2255hrs 10 Sibu AK 5875 2100hrs 2255hrs 11 Miri AK 5649 2105hrs 1120hrs 12 Langkawi AK 6323 2240hrs 2345hrs 13 AK 6311 1520hrs 1630hrs 14 AK 6315 2020hrs 2130hrs 15 AK 6317 2110hrs 2220hrs 16 Kota Kinabalu AK 5131 2130hrs 0000hrs (9th May) 17 AK 5117 1855hrs 2125hrs 18 AK 5119 1925hrs 2155hrs 19 Kuching AK 5219 2220hrs 0005hrs (9th May) 20 Penang AK 6121 2305hrs 0005hrs (9th May) 21 AK 6129 2055hrs 2155hrs

TABLE 2: INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS

No Departure From Flight Num Departure Arrival into klia2 1 Macau AK 189 1640hrs 2030hrs 2 AK 187 1830hrs 2220hrs 3 Nanning AK 169 1730hrs 2110hrs 4 Kunming AK 100 1740hrs 2150hrs 5 Lombok AK 307 1915hrs 2225hrs 6 Ho Chi Minh City AK 525 2110hrs 2359hrs 7 AK 529 1240hrs 1530hrs 8 Phuket AK 823 2140hrs 0005hrs (9th May) 9 Bali AK 371 2120hrs 0020hrs (9th May) 10 Shenzhen AK 123 2050hrs 0045hrs (9th May) 11 AK 131 2105hrs 0055hrs (9th May) 12 Yangon AK 503 1930hrs 2345hrs 13 Guangzhou AK 119 0115hrs (9th May) 0525hrs (9th May) 14 AK 117 2050hrs 0055hrs (9th May) 15 Medan AK 394 2125hrs 2325hrs 16 Trichy AK 28 2355hrs 0625hrs (9th May) 17 AK 24 0925hrs 1555hrs 18 AK 26 1705hrs 2335hrs 19 Kochi AK 38 2330hrs 0620hrs (9th May) 20 Kolkata AK 62 1240hrs (9th May) 0720hrs (9th May) 21 Chennai AK 12 1750hrs 0020hrs (9th May)

The FAQs on the move to KLIA2. Read point no 26. Yay!

http://www.airasia.com/ask/template.do?id=709&name=AirAsia%27s+Move+to+KLIA+2+on+9th+May+2014

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Thumbs up!

26. Are you using aerobridges in klia2?

Yes, all AirAsia and AirAsia X flights will be utilizing the aerobridges at klia2 for the comfort of all our guests.

Hi M-Wingers!

I have a question specially to those who have been so fortunate to visit KLIA2 already... Will there be smoking rooms in the Terminal, both landside and airside (also domestic and international area)?

I hope so.... :clapping:

Thanks already for your answers!

Cheers

Andreas

Plus, the longer walk would solidifies KLIA's position as the airport which requires passengers to walk the furthest in the world.

Really? I've always found KLIA to be relatively compact. The furthest gate from the Aerotrain can't be more than a few mins. The MTB itself isn't exactly huge either.

Hi M-Wingers!

I have a question specially to those who have been so fortunate to visit KLIA2 already... Will there be smoking rooms in the Terminal, both landside and airside (also domestic and international area)?

I hope so.... :clapping:

Thanks already for your answers!

Cheers

Andreas

Yes they are located at each wing, in a glass room

There may be lots of problems yet to be uncovered when operations commence at KLIA2. Maybe days, or weeks even. But overall, it's a massively positive development for the aviation industry in Malaysia, and for KLIA in particular. AirAsia can only go stronger from here.

For Tigerair and Scoot, I think things just got tougher for their already tough situation. The same goes for Qantas/Jetstar too. Just see how Jetstar's growth has remained flat and the how rapidly Qantas has reduced it's operations at Changi, with more to come. And Changi's new budget terminal T4 will not match KLIA2. At the rate things are going, the already big gulf between the AirAsia Group and the Singapore-based budget carriers will only get bigger.

And while Cebu Pacific and Lion Air grapple with infrastructure constraints at Manila and Jakarta, KLIA2's opening further solidifies the AirAsia Group's position against these other Southeast Asian giants.

I think it shouldn't have been called KLIA2 though. It's confusing for those not in aviation and the travelling public. It's still one airport - WMKK/KUL. Rather than call it KLIA2, MAHB and the government should have used this opportunity to come up with a Concourse or Terminal numbering system, for example, Terminal/Concourse 1 for the existing MTB and Satellite buildings, and Terminal/Concourse 2 for this new facility.

I also hope plans are in the pipeline to have a full parallel taxiway to the west of the existing Runway 32L/14R to fully utilise KUL's runway capacity.

Moving forward, the existing Main Terminal Building is in need of a renovation. MAHB should consider expanding the departure/arrival pick-up and check-in concourse. The time may be also be ripe for a second satellite building.

I also hope plans are in the pipeline to have a full parallel taxiway to the west of the existing Runway 32L/14R to fully utilise KUL's runway

Geoff, I think to the left of Rwy 32L, there is a sewage processing plant. Could some one confirm it

Edited by zamim

Tenant list on level 1

Bank Islam (BDC)

CAPSULE by Container Hotel

CIMB (BDC) Floor 1

House of Mini

KK Super Mart

NZ Curry House

RHB (ATM) Floor 1

Super Puff

Services & Facilities on Level 1

Concierge

Public Telephone

Toilet

Toilet For Disabled

Babycare Room

Prayer Room / Musolla

Bureau De Change / Money Changer

ATM

Transportation Hub

Departures

Arrival

Escalator

Travelator

Lift

Directory kiosk

FIDS (Flight Information Display System)

Tenant list on level 2

A-Look Eyewear

AmBank (BDC)

Auntie Anne's

Austin Chase Coffee

Baggage Solution

Baskin Robbins

Boost Juice

Bread Story

Burgerlicious

Butter Olive Wholesome Pastry House

Chef Chow by D'f.i.s.h.

CIMB (ATM)

CIMB (BDC) Floor 2

City Chain

Cornet

Country's Tid-Bits & Candies Cottage

Crocs

Dapur Nusantara

DC Tribe

Digi Store Express

Emerald Brilliant

Euphoria

F.O.S

Famous Amos

FILA

Fipper

Flying Nomad

Garage

Gateway Jewellery

Genting Lounge

GeorgPeck

Gintell

Giordano

Gloria Jean's

Gong Cha

Hometown Hainan Coffee

Hush Puppies

Jaya Grocer

KFC

Kluang Cafe

Komugi

Lazo Diamond

Marry Brown

MaskSlim

Master Beans

Mr. Siew Bao

myNews.com

Noodle Bar

Obermain/Democrata

Original Classic

Paratha & Co

Pastamania

People's...

Polo Haus

Ramenten

REDEYE

RHB (ATM) Floor 2

RHB (ATM) Floor 3

RHB (BDC)

Royal Bird's Nest

Shihlin Taiwan

Shizens

Skin Food

Soxworld

Sticky House

Subway

Time to Time

Toys'R'Us

Tune Store

TyTap by AHREN

Umobile

Uncle 'K' Kopitiam

Vern's

Vincci

Voir Gallery

Wendy's

Wings

Yogen Fruz

Services & Facilities on Level 2

Concierge

Public Telephone

Toilet

Toilet For Disabled

Babycare Room

Prayer Room / Musolla

ATM

Transportation Hub

Departures

Arrival

Escalator

Travelator

Lift

Directory kiosk

Tenant list on level 2M

AirAsia Office

BMS Organics Be Lohas Healthy Cuisine

Burger King

Causeway Bay Exprezzz

Nanny's Pavillon

Nanyang Food Garden

Plaza Premium Lounge

RASA Food Arena

RHB (ATM) Floor 2M

Texas Chicken

Thai Odyssey

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

Services & Facilities on Level 2M

Concierge

Public Telephone

Toilet

Toilet For Disabled

Babycare Room

Prayer Room / Musolla

ATM

Transportation Hub

Departures

Arrival

Escalator

Travelator

Lift

Directory kiosk

Tenant list on level 3

Alessio Express

AmBank

America Watch

Baskin Robbins

Beryl's Chocolate Kingdom

Bobby's Deli

Canai 15 Cafe

Cuero Empire

Echolac

Ficelle Boulangerie & Patisserie

Fidani Chocolates

Kenny Rogers Roasters

KLAS

Made in Malaysia

Maybank

McCafe

McDonald's

MPH

Nando's

Nikon

Nyonya Colors

Old Town White Coffee

Pacific Coffee

Pandora

Pusrawi Pharmacy & Health-Pro

San Francisco Coffee

Seen

Sembonia

Shinju Pearls

Starbucks Coffee

The East India Company

The Lot 100 Gummy Candy Shop

The Zon

TISSOT

Services & Facilities on Level 3

Concierge

Public Telephone

Toilet

Toilet For Disabled

Babycare Room

Prayer Room / Musolla

ATM

Transportation Hub

Departures

Arrival

Escalator

Travelator

Lift

Directory kiosk

Only facilities and retails at Main Terminal are shown. Something that get my attention:

1) Capsule by Container Hotel - passenger have 3 options to stay within the vicinity now. The other two; Sama Sama Express at International Terminal and Tune Hotel nearby parking building.

2) Parking Valet at Departure - its good for someone want to send their elderly or disabled companion. Shortest point to check-in desk.

3) Thai Odyssey - this establishment will make a lots lots of money! If I have 5 hours of transit, I would definitely pick their 2-3 hours massage package.

4) SPAD & JPJ Office - few days ago, SPAD warned taxi driver not to wait for passenger around the terminal building. Hope they implement this!

I hope to see a decent but functional and clean shower facilities at Transit Area. There are many backpackers and hajj passenger on transit. At KLIA, you only can use shower service at Sama Sama Express at RM30. Very expansive when you compared with Changi only $8.

There is no car rental services?

I'm beginning to wonder if KLIA2's getting to the point of becoming so mall like that people will just go there for jalan jalan instead of a regular mall.