MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Heaven forbid, no !

Go under yes, but not "thru" :lol

pardon my grammar. :)

Check the charts here: http://aip.dca.gov.my/aip%20pdf%20new/AIP%20SUPP/AIPSUPP%20201410.pdf

Taxiway is clearly indicated.

thanks for the clarification. :D

because somehow the bridge looks quite low. :p hopefully no calculation error.

Looks good (at least to my untrained eye!) - so what's the latest - if i book a flight on AK on the 10th of May..... where will it depart from?

Looks good (at least to my untrained eye!) - so what's the latest - if i book a flight on AK on the 10th of May..... where will it depart from?

It will depart from where you want to start the journey!!!

IMG_5444.jpg

Malaysian Passport - Foreign Passport - Malaysian Passport - Foreign Passport

I hope the lines won't be messy with this arrangement of counters.

And what happened to those self-service passport gates?

Yup, IMHO they should group all foreign 1 side and Malaysian on the other, with auto-gate next to Malaysian passport. Having said that I often see the foreign passport machines not in working order.

It's at the far end on the left side.

Awww.

The photos are taken down?

Not sure about it; but am having the same problem viewing the photos too.

Not sure about it; but am having the same problem viewing the photos too.

So sorry guys my mistake.the photos are back

Is the train gonna be ready when they start operating

Yup - train was ready for last year's June opening. So it has been sitting idle all this while...

Yup - train was ready for last year's June opening. So it has been sitting idle all this while...

Any idea if KLIA2 will have KLIA Express or just KLIA Transit service ?

Also is there any connectivity to KLIA MTB ? For people who may be transiting MH-AK etc etc

Any idea if KLIA2 will have KLIA Express or just KLIA Transit service ?

Also is there any connectivity to KLIA MTB ? For people who may be transiting MH-AK etc etc

KLIA2 is one stop after KLIA - so the services should be similar as it is just a 2 km extension of the line. As far as I know, the train company has not published any timetables yet.

Edited by flee

Finally!

AirAsia agrees to move to KLIA 2 by May 9

KUALA LUMPUR: AirAsia Group has agreed to move to the new Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA 2) by May 9, 2014 as the current low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) will be closed on the same date.
The group has been making all necessary preparations to move into the new airport, in line with the Operational Readiness and Transfer (ORAT) specifications, such as airside and operations trials.
“With Malaysia Airport Holdings Bhd (MAHB) assistance and support, we would be able to comply with the ORAT requirements to facilitate our move,” AirAsia Group said in a statement today.

Read more: AirAsia agrees to move to KLIA 2 by May 9 - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/airasia-agrees-to-move-to-klia-2-by-may-9-1.568488#ixzz2ywiK8O2t
Edited by Azri M.

(Not so) low cost terminal and (not so) low cost carrier. :D

Time will tell if this was the right thing for MAHB to do - it spent RM 4b and it needs to recoup that one way or another. Whether this will result in higher charges and slow down traffic growth will be something all of us here will be watching with interest.

Having said that I wonder how is the retail business for MTB and Satellite. I know people are crazy about Gardenia buns at LCCT.

Edited by Waiping

It's about cost, not safety, not cracks, nada bout structural. For them it's always the charges they are fighting for.

Yes, cost is a big deal for Airasia. If it cannot control its costs, its business model will crumble. And it does not have massive billions from taxpayers to bail them out!

Having said that I wonder how is the retail business for MTB and Satellite. I know people are crazy about Gardenia buns at LCCT.

I think that with the growth in pax, MTB should be OK.

We are well on the way to being a 50m pax p.a. aircport. And it is split roughly 50-50, isn't it?