MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

JQ and VA uses both aerobridge (front door) and stairs (rear door) at SYD airport

Same with Easyjet in France a couple of weeks ago.

The elements are becoming unbearable in LCCT. Aircraft overcongestion, being called by AK from waiting area to board the aircraft much earlier than scheduled, to be met with throngs of zig-zagging human and vehicle traffic, long queue and wait along the stuffy corridor prior to boarding aircraft, as it is not ready for boarding yet. Sweaty and hot literally and figuratively before boarding aircraft. For me, the journey is usually more important than the destination. Simply put - I hate and avoid the LCCT like a plague unless forced to :angry:

Edited by V Wong

The elements are becoming unbearable in LCCT. Aircraft overcongestion, being called from waiting gate to board the aircraft much earlier than scheduled, to be met with throngs of zig-zagging human traffic, long queue and wait along the stuffy corridor prior to boarding aircraft. Sweaty and hot (literally and figuratively) before boarding aircraft. For me, the journey is more important than the destination most of the time. Simply put - I hate and avoid the LCCT like a plague unless forced to :angry:

Have you boarded one of their early morning flights? It's a throwback to the old Puduraya.

"Langkawi! Langkawi! Bangkok! Bangkok! Miri! Miri! Sibu sebelah sana!"

Word of caution. If you are boarding late, listen carefully to the gate agent when he/she is telling your bay number. I've seen many cases of people running around the corridor because they misheard the agent and went to the other side.

AK Ground Agent: Kuching jauh sebelah sana tuuu. Awak dua dah salah tempat ni. (Kuching is waaaay on the other side. You are at the wrong place)

Yes, the Puduraya atmosphere get on my nerves. That is why when I am there, the noise cancelling earphone never leave my ears except during security screening. And because of this, I always reconfirm the bay with ground staff prior to exiting waiting gate. Had previously witnessed a group of 50-60 stray passengers who went to the wrong bay and had to U turn back to the correct bay...

With regards to the aerobridge, from the financial point of view - that's a lot of wastage of money to procure, install and then maintain something that the main client who utilizes 97% of the facility, does NOT want to use.

To be honest..couldnt care much about pudu atmosphere bla bla bla..as long as AK can get me from lcct to point A or b safely..im fine with it..its not like you spend the whole day in it..

I use the AirAsia network almost exclusively and spends time at the lcct in transit almost every other week. I even frequently stay the night there to catch the morning flights to the point that I know where you can get working power sockets and where are the faulty ones. So yeah, you could say that sometimes I spend my whole day there.

I like LCCT . I never had much issue with it. The only issue with them is they not have bay number on FIDS. Other than that, im fine.

When they move to KLIA 2, there is no more chance on walking on apron, getting close to so many aircraft with engine and APU sound.

I too had over nights in LCCT a few times before and as long as i get a place to sit and power socket to charge my device, I'm ok with it.

I'm probably 1 of the few that would miss LCCT.

Apart from the ludicrous extra charges (Debit and Credit cards fee) AirAsia is actually a fine LCC. Convenient schedules, fast turnaround, relatively cheap BoB (compared to other LCCs). It's just the terminal that is ruining the experience. KLIA2 will make a whole lot of difference in travelling with them.

The one I gonna miss the most is the quick walk from landside to airside. One can just pop in 45 minutes before if you don't have a luggage on a domestic flight and pop right in.

Just to share even at LGK passengers can end up on the wrong flight. I was at LGK on Thusday heading back to KUL on MH1455 and there was another FY flight around the same time. Passengers criss-cross after document checks and sure enough, some passengers ended up at the entrance of the wrong flight.

Just to share even at LGK passengers can end up on the wrong flight. I was at LGK on Thusday heading back to KUL on MH1455 and there was another FY flight around the same time. Passengers criss-cross after document checks and sure enough, some passengers ended up at the entrance of the wrong flight.

How could anyone mixup between MH & FY? One's flying a jet the other a turboprop!

How could anyone mixup between MH & FY? One's flying a jet the other a turboprop!

Foreigners.

Many people just don't care/know what aircraft they are flying.

I think boarding a full flight using 2 stairs aft and forward is much faster than through the aerobridge

If they want to speed up boarding, they should assign seats and use aerobridge to board. Once you get people walking on aprons it is hard to ensure that people board in proper order, causing congestion. So far my experience with slow walkers vs fast walkers, etc. - I think aerobridge is simply more orderly and therefore faster.

I've always walk faster than those on Hot Seat despite the huge advantage accorded to them. :D

I like LCCT . I never had much issue with it. The only issue with them is they not have bay number on FIDS. Other than that, im fine.

When they move to KLIA 2, there is no more chance on walking on apron, getting close to so many aircraft with engine and APU sound.

I too had over nights in LCCT a few times before and as long as i get a place to sit and power socket to charge my device, I'm ok with it.

I'm probably 1 of the few that would miss LCCT.

maybe very small group of one that will miss LCCT! :)

If they want to speed up boarding, they should assign seats and use aerobridge to board. Once you get people walking on aprons it is hard to ensure that people board in proper order, causing congestion. So far my experience with slow walkers vs fast walkers, etc. - I think aerobridge is simply more orderly and therefore faster.

Right now seats are assigned. The only way quicker by aerobridge is to board according to row numbers.

Right now seats are assigned. The only way quicker by aerobridge is to board according to row numbers.

Yes agree! Starting with the last row of seats. Example from row 29 to row 1. For those who always rushing like small kids wanting to get in the plane fast, the plane wont leave you unless you are late.

Gentlemen with regards boarding using aerobridge or stairs it doesn't matter which one is faster if the passenger don't listen to the announcement given by the ground staff. How many times you see people actually follow the instruction given by the staff? Most of the times once boarding is announced everybody rushed to get into into the aeroplane not for the seat but for the overhead compartment to keep their bags which most of us never tend to follow the ruling anyway.

Gentlemen with regards boarding using aerobridge or stairs it doesn't matter which one is faster if the passenger don't listen to the announcement given by the ground staff. How many times you see people actually follow the instruction given by the staff? Most of the times once boarding is announced everybody rushed to get into into the aeroplane not for the seat but for the overhead compartment to keep their bags which most of us never tend to follow the ruling anyway.

Oh boy. A pet peeve here.

The biggest thing that stops the boarding process to a halt - people putting in their bags in the nearest overhead compartment - usually at the front - when their seats are 10 rows away!

sorry to say that's very true... that's my mentality when im on LCC

Gentlemen with regards boarding using aerobridge or stairs it doesn't matter which one is faster if the passenger don't listen to the announcement given by the ground staff. How many times you see people actually follow the instruction given by the staff?

They WILL follow instructions if said ground staff bother to check up on paxs' boarding slip to ensure people are not boarded out of sequence