MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

but one question did pop up when i saw this news, is it necesary for the 3rd runway to be built? :unknw:

to reduce taxi time and save fuel, maybe? :unknw:

otherwise, it's to make the proposal look good. :lol:

For your info. Not really sure as this is exact plan. Announced last August 2007

klia1li4.jpg

Edited by Min

Sorry bit OT..

Based on KLIA masterplan sketch on The Star newspaper today, a new Cargo Complex will be next to new propose LCCT... So under this 2B MYR project, does this project include the construction of new cargo complex?? Do KLIA need an expansion of cargo complex?? because once current LCCT operation will be move to new LCCT, the current LCCT can be converted to cargo complex kan..Do I correct??

The 2B fig. is only for the Phase 1 LCCT.

The cargo complex that you referred to is the PROPOSED site for future expansion. MAHB does not even have to start building it in 5 yrs.

For your info. Not really sure as this is exact plan. Announced last August 2007

klia1li4.jpg

I dont think this is the plan.

The press release showed that the LCCT complex to be next to the main runwaay. Relative to your photo, it will be at the bottom not the left. The new runway will be parallel to the main runway with the complex in between.

I dont think this is the plan.

The press release showed that the LCCT complex to be next to the main runwaay. Relative to your photo, it will be at the bottom not the left. The new runway will be parallel to the main runway with the complex in between.

Yeah. i dont think what Min drew/reposted is the proper proposal.

This is my interpretation of the proposal.

klia.jpg

Note the questions.

Note the questions.

I can answer the last q, the new runway will only be 4km in length, and the runway will be a bit more north compared to the adjacent runway. So the the lake will not be touched i think.

Edited by Azri M.

klia.jpg

Note the questions.

thats my question initially. What will happen to Tune Hotel? another bus linkage or how?

klia.jpg

as if the tune hotel remains at present location this is the possible route....

But, roadways can't exist alongside in the tarmac, so that won't work out well. it has to be the other way around (i.e. the long way)

I predict the Tune Hotel LCCT will be sold as a residential college to INTI/Lim Kok Wing University Colleges etc when no one is staying there or converted into an apartment block. Or it could be a staff quarters for AK/MH/MASkargo/MAHB/KLIA whoever interested.

A new bigger Tune Hotel will be built at the new LCCT to give Pan Pacific KLIA a run for their money.

I predict the Tune Hotel LCCT will be sold as a residential college to INTI/Lim Kok Wing University Colleges etc when no one is staying there or converted into an apartment block. Or it could be a staff quarters for AK/MH/MASkargo/MAHB/KLIA whoever interested.

The Tune Hotel at LCCT is somewhat far from Inti/Lim Kok Wing University Colleges isn't it ?

It can be tuned into...Hostel for AirAsia Academy... doesn't it make more sense?

WHy does the Tune Hotel have to be converted into anything else than what it already is????

If they are set on having a return on their investment, I would imagine they would be MORE than willing to run shuttle vans/buses to the hotel from the new terminal... There will be new roads built to accomodate this - perhaps everyone is assuming the perimeter road will completely cease to exist? I doubt so.. merely realigned.

build new TuneH beside the new LCCT, It'll surely be a big hit esp to spotters, 2 problems killed..

Opss, tony is here..

Sorry for using the diagram without mentioning your name over there. I overlooked it. Regarding the accuracy, the diagram is similar to The Star's rendering, so it should be the location.

Sorry for using the diagram without mentioning your name over there. I overlooked it. Regarding the accuracy, the diagram is similar to The Star's rendering, so it should be the location.

Its ok, just want to point out the fact that the diagram is pure speculation rather than hard facts.

Was reading this article and it said the construction will begin in mid 2009, ehich is now, any updates from MAHB?

Any plans for an automated rail lnik between terminals as that is the only reliable public transport in Malaysia.

Thanks

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/business/20284-construction-on-new-lcct-to-start-by-mid-2009

Edited by jadivindra

The only construction that seems to be ongoing is the extension (?) to the people-mover system at the satellite building site. But nothing at the MTB end. So, where will the people-mover system be extended to?

November 17, 2009 18:26 PM

New LCCT To Be Ready By End Of 2011

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 17 (Bernama) -- The building of a new Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) will be completed by the end of 2011 although its construction faced some delay, said Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakri.

This was established at a weekly meeting between the project's management consultant and the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) on Nov 10, he said when replying to a supplementary question by Datuk Tajuddin Abdul Rahman (BN-Pasir Salak) in the Dewan Rakyat here Tuesday.

"The project's progress should be 15.5 per cent but right now it is 13.5 per cent. Based on the current status the delay is two per cent or 18 days," he said.

The delay was caused by the delay in approval by the Finance Ministry for certain packages besides delay in design and procurement for the control tower, said, Abdul Rahim.

In that regard, he said the ministry will monitor the progress of the project which was now in the design preparation stage.

When answering the original question by Datuk Ab Halim Ab Rahman (PAS-Pengkalan Chepa) as to whether the number of AirAsia passengers would be between 10 and 15 million by 2015 as well as the government's action to build or expand the LCCT, he said the new LCCT could handle up to 30 million passengers a year.

The government agreed to the project after we found the number of AirAsia passengers was rising and we estimated it can reach up to 15 million by 2015," he said.

-- BERNAMA

http://bernama.com/bernama/v5/news_lite.php?id=455911