MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Herman

Malaysia's First Mobile Simulator

I was in orange shirt in orange cap sitting infront of the stage.

sorry, doesn't help. it was too bad u didn't got choosen. im sure u would have if they picked contestant based on skill. :clapping:

sorry, doesn't help. it was too bad u didn't got choosen. im sure u would have if they picked contestant based on skill. :clapping:

they picked by lucky draw.

Any photo taken from the prize giving ceremony?? adamamir, take as much photo as possible during your trip to L.A and please share your TR with us. :drinks: Bon Voyage

Any photo taken from the prize giving ceremony?? adamamir, take as much photo as possible during your trip to L.A and please share your TR with us. :drinks: Bon Voyage

Li Ren&others check inside here for the result and some photo's..

we have the photo's..but upload it...it take times.. :sorry:

http://www.fireflyz.com.my/news-releases/f...ds-big-at-matta

cheers ;)

parents maybe. one of them have to buy extra ticket. hehe. Liew Hon Kit, which one were u? i dont recognize anyone. were u also a participant? Gavin, im talking about the guy, erm, how to say, looks like a 17 year old. kind of short maybe.

I'm lost

Haven't the slightest clue bout what you're talking about

Hello everyone, I'm the 2nd place winner for the challenge. Nice to meet you all!

The final challenge was indeed difficult. I mess up by overbanking in the dark as my eye was pinned to VSI. The plane slip all the way down to 800ft and I have to perform recovery with excessive Gs.

In the dark with no left side window, I overshoot the runway centerline during the final approach, again too fast & too high, panic, rapid decent, passenger all vormit. =(

I'm lost

Haven't the slightest clue bout what you're talking about

sorry, it was meant for hon kit. didn't see properly. since he said a few were horrible, the guy im talking about is pretty good : )

Hello everyone, I'm the 2nd place winner for the challenge. Nice to meet you all!

The final challenge was indeed difficult. I mess up by overbanking in the dark as my eye was pinned to VSI. The plane slip all the way down to 800ft and I have to perform recovery with excessive Gs.

In the dark with no left side window, I overshoot the runway centerline during the final approach, again too fast & too high, panic, rapid decent, passenger all vormit. =(

please tell when ur going to Koh Samui.

Gavin, im in the same situation as you. I dont get what this adam is talking about.

nvm la.... not important, anyways, what i was trying to say was, there were pretty good "pilots" participating..... not all of them are old blokes who just wanna try for fun.... hehe

Imagine a simpler version of kaitak igs13 into 15. With the default cessna gauges on flight1 atr. Plain old gut feeling gavin

The finals was the same condition, in pitch dark night. And the fo gave a series of tasks like turning 180 degrees while maintainig a certain altitude and speed then intercept runway 15.

Something inthe lines of that

Edited by Walter Sim

maintain 1000ft/160kts while turn 180 deg....not easy on turboprop..manually..

it more like test for situation awareness..IFR..only

lucky GPWS not shouting at me said "Sink rate"

then visual rwy 15..intercept it..where I've perform my call-out landing sequence (ATC clearance ,Flaps setting,gears,checklist) pilot that endorsed me..amazed ^_^

but some spectator making fun of it during I've call-outing... :blink:

that where I've kantoi or failed..not maintaining altitude and speed that task for me..

but i'm enjoyed made it to semi-final stage..

oh forgot..weather is calm..can see the moon..

Edited by Aiman

And i got pawned by kids! Gavin, i need more hours!!

an hour of this everyday shud help.... hehe.... did u try the sim on sunday?

Edited by adamamir

please tell when ur going to Koh Samui.

Still thinking, it has to be done by April or else it will be raining season for the rest of the year. And for April I'm a little busy for me.

I just realized that If I buy the same ticket destination from firefly today, it would cost me less then the price I pay for the competition and Matta fair entrance fees...

maintain 1000ft/160kts while turn 180 deg....not easy on turboprop..manually..

it more like test for situation awareness..IFR..only

lucky GPWS not shouting at me said "Sink rate"

then visual rwy 15..intercept it..where I've perform my call-out landing sequence (ATC clearance ,Flaps setting,gears,checklist) pilot that endorsed me..amazed ^_^

but some spectator making fun of it during I've call-outing... :blink:

that where I've kantoi or failed..not maintaining altitude and speed that task for me..

but i'm enjoyed made it to semi-final stage..

oh forgot..weather is calm..can see the moon..

I believe there is strong wind shear at the ground from 220, as soon as my plane kiss the ground at 120kts, it flips over to the left. Then the simulator stopped. Perhaps we are expected to perform a TOGA miss approach. Haha.

Still thinking, it has to be done by April or else it will be raining season for the rest of the year. And for April I'm a little busy for me.

I just realized that If I buy the same ticket destination from firefly today, it would cost me less then the price I pay for the competition and Matta fair entrance fees...

I believe there is strong wind shear at the ground from 220, as soon as my plane kiss the ground at 120kts, it flips over to the left. Then the simulator stopped. Perhaps we are expected to perform a TOGA miss approach. Haha.

haha, too bad.... about the wind, i think that happened to jack kee ( 2nd runner up ) too....

Edited by adamamir