MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Herman

Malaysia's First Mobile Simulator

Hello Guys,

Firefly is launching Malaysia's first mobile simulator today, 7 March 2009 at its office in Subang. A press conference for this launching is from 10am to 12pm. This mobile simulator is planned to be opened to public in MATTA Fair March 2009, from 13 to 15 March 2009.

All of MalaysianWings member are welcomed to Firefly's office today from 10am til 12pm, or can just drop by at Hall 1, PWTC next weekend.

Cheers,

hermanmizar

Thanks to Herman and Firefly for inviting us :rolleyes: Wished I could make it :sorry:

Alan, it's OK. We all know you're not in the country.

Aiman, thank you for being with us on behalf of MalaysianWings.

To all fellow MalaysianWings members, please feel free to drop by at Hall 1 PWTC next weekend, from Friday til Sunday to try out Firefly's mobile simulator.

Mobile Simulator = Portable Simulator. Maybe Aiman can enlighten all of us how it works.

Cheers,

hermanmizar

Can i come everyday just to try the simulator? Hehe. Just joking. I will be going there to check out some tour package. Hope to see you there Herman.

Can i come everyday just to try the simulator? Hehe. Just joking. I will be going there to check out some tour package. Hope to see you there Herman.

They are using FS2004..equip with FLIGHT 1 ATR 72..

hmmm scenery view? check it during Matta Fair later.. ;)

Hardware: CH flight yoke..thats all...rudder pedal haven't got..

have cockpit shell :)

Picture?? uploading..

short brief....lazy :p

need to finish my college task project... :sorry:

Report on launching Fire Fly Mobile Flight simulator for MATTA FAIR 07/03/2009

I've arrive Complex A at 1030..lucky I've made it check-in

The ceremony started around 1040..just nice give me time to breath..

a bit far visitor car park place..at MH hanger there..

Press already arrive..

Guest sTar : Datuk Dr Sheikh Muszaphar

Malaysia Neil Armstrong

He uncovered/reveal the Simulator

IMG_6995.jpg

fasten seat belt..adjust seat position..Endorse by Secondary Flight Officer

IMG_7019.jpg

Starting 5mile from the threshold (neat hair cut)

IMG_7021.jpg

Krassshhh !!!

IMG_7022.jpg

Still receiving the cert as credit for attempt it...

IMG_7028.jpg

Eddie's turn to try it..

IMG_7044.jpg

Speech...Q&A session with the press

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

Photo session...lucky me..I've got opportunity photographed and hand shake with the astronaut

IMG_7038.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

The cockpit..

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7000.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7049.jpg

Promotion:

IMG_7016.jpg

Conclusion-

Through my observe there as Flight simulator enthusiast..I've notice that the simulator need more enhance on the environment

which is I've already giving tips and advise about the add-on to the person that in-charge the project..they were noted and try to improve as before perform it

during Matta Fair which is held at PWTC later..and I've already also tried the sim..and inform to the person that in-charge that where or what need to reinforce the structure

it self because public are not aware the sustainability of the mechanism or the equipment..also they already noted it.

note: "AIMAN PUNYE" means watermark :)

Edited by Aiman

Good coverage, Aiman! Thanks for sharing.

I hope they will be using LHS and RHS independently during MATTA fair, otherwise the queue is going to get very very long! :D

Sorry for the OT

Aiman, try to avoid putting the watermark with dark background because it can be easily removed.

Back to the topic

Does the instrument work ? It looks like cardboard to me

hmm the instrument all static stickers -_- only 2 screen active..

but to me..atleast the PFD & ND should be display screen..will already make eye candy :rolleyes:

will recommend them to use Project magenta software.. I think payware is not a problem..

not to forget..if they are using Saitek Pro flight yoke..it also include with Independence throttle quadrant

hmm last week..i've visit low yat...still got 1 unit left..for Saitek Pro flight yoke ;)

Edited by Aiman

Hi Aiman,

Can I please ask what is the purpose of this mobile simulator? For general public's fun ride, or recruit training/testing?

Hmm from wht i've heard yesterday..

It will use for general public during MATTA fair..

after that they will place at their office in Kompleks A Subang airport

I think they tried to adapt concept for Flight Training Device (Touch screen,more accurate equipment) in future

Later maybe Herman or Insider could clarified it..

Edited by Aiman

Should have picked up an MFTD from CAE ..

How much does it cost? Here in MAS, airbus guys have to do about 18 sessions of simulator. From what I heard if we have MFTD the sim session can be reduced to approx 10 sessions.

Haaa... talk bout sim session...I think FY only got Single Full motion sim there..and it always full

never heard they owned the MFTD...mybe they need couple of it..any offer Gavin? ;)

eh..CAE got ATR MFTD model?

Hi Tony,

The purpose is to educate public on how the aircraft can be flown. Fun ride? Perhaps it is, but we at Firefly have more to give rather than just a fun ride. The least we can do is to instill the excitement among school children and for them to pursue their education so that they can become pilot one day. It is surely not for training or testing.

Do come to MATTA Fair this coming weekend and feast your eyes on our mobile simulator.

Cheers,

Herman

Hi Aiman,

Can I please ask what is the purpose of this mobile simulator? For general public's fun ride, or recruit training/testing?

Hi Hon Kit,

Each participant is only given 5 minutes to land at least twice successful landings. It shouldn't take that long, no worries.

Since this simulator is open to public, i guess the queue will be very very long.