MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Maxis & MAS

March 05, 2009 22:09 PM

Maxis Partners MAS, Aeromobile On Mobile Communications

KUALA LUMPUR, March 5 (Bernama) -- Maxis Communications Bhd has teamed up with Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and AeroMobile to enable its post-paid customers to use mobile phones and BlackBerry-type devices while flying on MAS aircraft equipped with the AeroMobile system.

Maxis post-paid subscribers will be able to use their mobile communications services available include voice calls, SMS, email and GPRS services, the three parties said in a joint statement Thursday.

"The ultimate aim of this partnership is for Maxis, MAS and AeroMobile -- all leaders in their respective industries -- to leverage on each other's strengths to bring more value to our customers," said Maxis chief marketing officer Matthew Willsher.

Willsher said post-paid customers will also be able to make and receive voice calls at RM15 per minute, send or receive data at RM100 per MB and SMSes sent are charged at RM3 per SMS, while receiving SMSes is free of charge.

As an introductory promotion, Maxis is offering SMS at RM2 per SMS from now until April 15, he said.

MAS commercial director Datuk Rashid Khan said the airline will continuously invest in technology while looking at innovative ways to enhance its products and services to meet the global demands and expectations of customers.

"This is one of the in-flight service comforts that we are introducing on a trial basis for our customers as a Five-Star Value Carrier and we expect these new capabilities to further enhance the high-quality customer service that our passengers have come to expect from MAS," he said.

AeroMobile chief executive Bjorn-Taale Sandberg said: "Clear passenger demand exists in Asia for in-flight mobile services, we are proud to be associated with MAS, Asia's first airline to offer in-flight mobile services."

-- BERNAMA

SMS AND PHONE SERVICE ONBOARD FLIGHT.... GREAT~ :clapping:

SMS should be ok

I would not be too sure about voice calls though - wait till you've experienced the (inevitable ?) loud exclamations of

(1) "alo, alo"

(2) "I in airplane now"

(3) "line not clear, please speak louder"

(4) miscellaneous bile curdling yang's and ling's

before declaring it "GREAT~ :clapping:"

I know most people, and me myself, frequently use the message/phone service before take off and after touched down. Do i have to pay regular maxis rate or Aeromobile rate?

Edited by Seth K

Yay!

Maxis and MAS..

M&M is very suitable for M&M seats.. :rofl: ( out of topic )

Luckily its Maxis not the other operator..

Go Maxis !... :D

maxis is rubbish.

Understand Maxis is outsourcing more and more of its internal organization e.g. engineering, etc. Hence, staffs moral is low and service is poor =@ :( :angry:

:drinks:

What is lacking in that PR is which planes, how many planes are/ will be equipped with the service.

Did any of you notice the revised 734 safety cards? The bit which said that mobile phones & CD players should not be used on board has been removed in the revised safety card.

Does this suggest that the AeroMobile will be made available fleet-wide?

Either I missed the news or has any nifty gadget been installed on board MH's birds recently that completely neutralizes all the nasty harmful dangerous 'interferences' from such electrical devices ?

Has to be some very cleverly powerful gadget too, got to cover the whole aircraft

In fact, why hasn't installation of this wonderful gadget been made mandatory on every flying bird ? Considering the effort every airline takes to enforce the 'no electrical devices' rule. Surely it's worth this precautionary measure against the odd rogue stubborn gadget freak on board ?

Well, either that or we've been fed less than truthful tales all along .................. :)

Either I missed the news or has any nifty gadget been installed on board MH's birds recently that completely neutralizes all the nasty harmful dangerous 'interferences' from such electrical devices ?

Has to be some very cleverly powerful gadget too, got to cover the whole aircraft

In fact, why hasn't installation of this wonderful gadget been made mandatory on every flying bird ? Considering the effort every airline takes to enforce the 'no electrical devices' rule. Surely it's worth this precautionary measure against the odd rogue stubborn gadget freak on board ?

Well, either that or we've been fed less than truthful tales all along .................. :)

Given that, according to statistics, on every flight there is one mobile phone switched on per 12 passengers I think you may well make up your mind what's the truth....

Avionik systems must be engineered to very high EMI standards, and even multiple cellphones switched on in the cockpit won't do any harm...

But actually I am a fan of switched off mobile phones onboard.... I hate the imagination that during a night flight every fifteen seconds it goes "dip dip dip - diiiip diiip - dip dip dip...." somewhere in the cabin....

Understand Maxis is outsourcing more and more of its internal organization e.g. engineering, etc. Hence, staffs moral is low and service is poor =@ :( :angry:

:drinks:

There's always MNP for us consumers.... :clapping:

SMS should be ok

I would not be too sure about voice calls though - wait till you've experienced the (inevitable ?) loud exclamations of

(1) "alo, alo"

(2) "I in airplane now"

(3) "line not clear, please speak louder"

(4) miscellaneous bile curdling yang's and ling's

before declaring it "GREAT~ :clapping:"

not to metion - on the way, on the way lah

Sign in to follow this