MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MOHD RAMZAN FADZIL

March Is Satay Month For MAS's Economy Class

March Is Satay Month For MAS's Economy Class

KUALA LUMPUR, March 3 (Bernama) -- For the whole of this month, satay will be on the menu for Malaysia Airlines passengers travelling on Economy Class to domestic and selected Asean countries.

The satay, which is typically served only in Business and First Class cabins, is packed in a meal box and passengers will enjoy a choice of beef or chicken satay skewers and peanut sauce, served with kampong fried rice and accompanied by creme brulee and premium chocolate.

"Malaysia Airlines is proud to be able to bring a taste of Malaysia to the world through our signature satay dish, which has been recognised to be world-class," its Inflight Services General Manager, Hayati Ali, said in a statement here today.

She said satay, the national carrier's award winning signature dish, would be served on domestic flights from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching, Miri and Kota Kinabalu and also on selected Asean flights out of Kuala Lumpur throughout this month.

In addition, passengers also will be thrilled to know that sweet treats such as premium chocolate or ice cream will al so be handed out as giveaways during the school holidays from March 14 to 22.

"We are continuously innovating all aspects of our services and products in our transformation journey to be a Five-Star Value Carrier in line with our commitment to delivering the highest quality at affordable prices," she said.

-- BERNAMA

MAS hidang sate bagi kelas ekonomi

03/03/2009 10:00am

KUALA LUMPUR 3 Mac. — Pada bulan ini, penumpang Malaysia Airlines (MAS) kelas ekonomi ke destinasi dalam negara dan negara anggota Asean terpilih, berpeluang menikmati hidangan sate, yang sebelum ini hanya disediakan bagi penumpang kelas perniagaan dan kelas satu.

Penumpang boleh memilih sama ada sate lembu atau ayam untuk dinikmati bersama nasi goreng kampung serta creme brulee dan premium chocolate.

“Malaysia Airlines gembira kerana dapat mengetengahkan masakan Malaysia kepada dunia melalui hidangan sate, yang telah diiktiraf sebagai bertaraf dunia,” kata Pengurus Besar Perkhidmatan Dalam Penerbangan MAS Hayati Ali dalam kenyataan di sini hari ini.

Beliau berkata hidangan sate syarikat penerbangan kebangsaan itu yang telah memenangi anugerah sebelum ini, akan disajikan dalam penerbangan domestik dari Kuala Lumpur ke Kuching, Miri dan Kota Kinabalu serta penerbangan terpilih ke negara anggota Asean sepanjang bulan ini.

Hayati berkata penumpang juga pasti gembira kerana manisan seperti premium chocolate atau ais krim akan turut dihidangkan sepanjang musim cuti sekolah dari 14 hingga 22 Mac ini.

“Kami sentiasa membuat pembaharuan terhadap semua aspek perkhidmatan dan produk kami dalam usaha kami menjadi Syarikat Penerbangan Bernilai Lima Bintang, sejajar dengan komitmen kami untuk menyediakan kualiti terbaik pada harga berpatutan,” katanya. — Bernama

I'm flying MH80 (KUL-BKI) next Monday (9 Mar). Hope it will be offered on my flight ;)

I'm flying MH80 (KUL-BKI) next Monday (9 Mar). Hope it will be offered on my flight ;)

Hope you enjoy your satay and why not just TAPAU from Satay KAJANG..HAHA.. :)

I think they've started it. Just came back from KUL/BKI/KUL shuttle yesterday and all the meals EX-KUL were served with satay.

any pics how they served.. :)

Hope and Predictions :

March : SATAY

April : LEMANG

May : NASI LEMAK

June : ROTI CANAI/TELUR/BOM (although they have to change the word 'roti bom' to something else to avoid confusion)

July : LAKSA PENANG/SARAWAK/JOHOR/KEDAH (depending on destination)

August : CHAR KUEW TEOW

and so on... :yahoo:

If true, MAS really deserve awards...

June : ROTI CANAI/TELUR/BOM (although they have to change the word 'roti bom' to something else to avoid confusion)

How about "Roti Putar"?

RotiBom.jpg

Wow.. I think if there are shops that served customers with variety of airlines meals throughout the world, the shop will

be full of M'Wingers since we like it so much .. :drinks: Maybe someone can become pioneer in this business :rolleyes:

**The first customers I think should be Walter. :yahoo:

How nice if satay can be served in Domestic EY all the time.....anyway, hope the standard of the inflight meal can be improved in the near future :drinks:

Satay is the pride of Mas Catering. They guard the satay so much that they refused J and F pax request to serve satay only meal. What made MH satay taste better than others is the quality of meat used :good:

It must have taken a lot of effort and pressure from MH for Mas Catering to offer satay to EY pax :good:

:drinks:

odd they din't introduce this to domestic J passengers 1st.

i've been on the KCH - KUL route for more than a decade and can't remember when satay was ever offered

but its great that good food is being passed around now :clapping:

It must have taken a lot of effort and pressure from MH for Mas Catering to offer satay to EY pax :good:

Sorry, I was wrong :sorry:

Before the current downturn, MH purchase from LSG was at or near the guaranteed minimum purchase. Instead of paying LSG for nothing on the short fall of minimum purchase, MH ordered the premium satay and ice cream to compensate :o

Although MH catering cost remain unchanged but has gone up in % :( but pax get to enjoy better food. If MH pax number is dwindling, we can expect BETTER catering onboard! :D :) :good: :yahoo:

:drinks:

I am not complaining, but the pessimist in me cannot believe the rationale about improving service value. More like desperate measures during desperate time, in a bid to prevent a few more passengers from defecting to LCC. I hope I am wrong though!

Chicken satay with fried rice.

chjxsatay.jpg

Beef satay also available.

Was on MH last night, KUL-TGG, noticed that they in addition to the new sweet and spicy peanuts, they are also serving EY pax Loacker Vanilla and Chocolate sandwiches. Crew were also generous enough to make a second round of offering..

Was on MH last night, KUL-TGG, noticed that they in addition to the new sweet and spicy peanuts, they are also serving EY pax Loacker Vanilla and Chocolate sandwiches. Crew were also generous enough to make a second round of offering..

If this is a permanent feature, i'll put my hands together for MAS. Way to go !

Sign in to follow this