MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
muhd noor iskandar

Jetstar : Standard Fares cheaper than Sales Fare or a glitch?

There was a Pre-Natas Fare Sales for Jetstar with booking period from 23rd February to 1st of March.

Initially,the fares for Sin- KCH on the 18th-21st (going and return respectively) was 0 dollars for both that means the total per pax is 80. I have already collected that amount from my relatives.

However, on the morning of 1st March it was 0 for going and 20 SGD for returning. Since I thought I would miss the dateline of offer, I booked for 7 passengers amounting to 700 exactly without the insurance coverage.

To my dismay, I checked the standard rates 10 minutes ago and it is 0 + 0 for both while the offer has ended.

Is this some kind of marketing strategy? I find this revelation very disappointing and wonder if there is any way we can find out what happened.

I hope we can get the benefit of booking within the sales period. If not, whats the use of it when we can have a much cheaper fares without the rush and trouble?

The Jetstar hotline being virtually impossible to get thru is also much to my upset.

Brr.

Edited by muhd noor iskandar

A case of MAS online booking "higher fare category costing less than saver fares" error syndrome? This is clearly an error as Standard fares are always super expensive and don't change during promos (they cost more than full service carriers!). If anyone is in need of booking 3K flights, better hurry before the error is found.

^

Standard faresSingapore Kuching $29

Sale fares

There are no sale fares at the moment. Please visit our all day every day low fares.

However, on the booking page, the sales fare is clearly showed. While when I did my booking within the sales period, it was not indicated. :(

if thats a glitch, than im at the losing end , no? shouldnt i get to enjoy the 0 dollars fare for the round flights?

anyone has any idea if i should pursue this matter? 140 SGD is quite alot and we can channel that to our miscellanous expenses in Kuching.

Standard fares (JetFlex) = $189(fare)+ $35 (SIN airport tax + admin)

Sale fares non-Natas= $28 onwards + $35

Sale fares during pre/Natas = $0 + $35

And yes, if its a glitch, it means that they did not intend for it to be available. So under normal circumstances, had the glitch not occured, you would have gotten a much better deal than the $59+$35 fares that is supposed to be the cheapest available now.

If you should feel a great unjust that someone could benefit from this glitch, please email Jetstar now so they can fix it asap and so no one can advantage of it.

If it is a glitch(or actually even if it wasn't), 3K WILL NOT return you that $20 difference. The amount you paid is the final amount you will be charged. Its like when AK had a sale one week, and then suddenly had another sale the week after offering even cheaper fares! Did anyone run to AK and say "No, you can't lower the fare becuase I booked last week in a more expensive promotion!"

(Gosh, I didn't hear anyone rushing to cry foul when MAS had RM0 Full Flex fares glitch to BKK or when Tiger suddenly had the no tax and surcharge fares to KCH glitch outside of its normal sale period)

Standard fares (JetFlex) = $189(fare)+ $35 (SIN airport tax + admin)

Sale fares non-Natas= $28 onwards + $35

Sale fares during pre/Natas = $0 + $35

I booked during the sale fares pre Natas which ended yesterday's midnight and it was $20 + $35

And yes, if its a glitch, it means that they did not intend for it to be available. So under normal circumstances, had the glitch not occured, you would have gotten a much better deal than the $59+$35 fares that is supposed to be the cheapest available now.

Um, but the cheapest now is Total Price SGD$74. ( which should have been the price i would have received when i booked, but did not) Mine was $94.

If you should feel a great unjust that someone could benefit from this glitch, please email Jetstar now so they can fix it asap and so no one can advantage of it.

They have no email How amazing :angry: Anyone has a lobang to call them promptly?

wait. but the difference is that, this is a sales vs nonsale period comparison. not a sales vs sales one.

Why would they claim that its a sales with given deadline when the price post-deadline is cheaper than the former?

still curious...

ahh. nvm i guess i shall move on. noone has any inputs,i guess

Sign in to follow this