MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
MOHD RAMZAN FADZIL

KLIA CHANGE TO MAHATHIR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Politicians are known to just empty talk....perhaps just a way to attract attention that they are actually doing something for the RAKYAT....

please dont change the name..

Not suitable at all and more complicated.

Although Dr M did a lot of developments including KLIA,but to change KLIA to Mahathir Airport is not suitable plus KLIA is worlds hub.

ehehe..

just my personal opinion....

please dont change the name..

Not suitable at all and more complicated.

Although Dr M did a lot of developments including KLIA,but to change KLIA to Mahathir Airport is not suitable plus KLIA is worlds hub.

ehehe..

just my personal opinion....

I can still recall when we were approach to rush this model (COMPLETE in 3 weeks sometime in 1995) due to the earlier model builder could not make the parabolic of the MTB. My vote is to keep back to it original name KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang)

KLIA sound GREAT. :rolleyes: :clapping:

History has show, when a country is bankrupt of idea will idolise its leader e.g. nazi Germany, Mao China, Stalin Soviet, mugabe Zimbabwe, etc. There after economic decline will follow.

:drinks:

Heh, you missed out on the Kims of Korea :)

Though it can be argued whether there is/was an economy to decline to start with :)

Heh, you missed out on the Kims of Korea :)

Though it can be argued whether there is/was an economy to decline to start with :)

Yep, thanks my friend.

KUALA LUMPUR=MAHATHIR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

KUCHING=TAIB MAHMUD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

SABAH=MUSA AMAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

KELANTAN=NIK AZIZ INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

MELAKA=ALI RUSTAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

PENANG=LIM GUAN ENG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

:lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

KUALA LUMPUR=MAHATHIR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

KUCHING=TAIB MAHMUD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

SABAH=MUSA AMAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

KELANTAN=NIK AZIZ INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

MELAKA=ALI RUSTAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

PENANG=LIM GUAN ENG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

:lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

IPOH = mmmm... which one ah ? :help:

I wonder if any moderator can incorporate this poll into the original thread. Thanks.

Thread merged, but poll missing....

(sorry O/T)

IPOH = mmmm... which one ah ? :help:

Currently should be Lapangan Terbang Nizar Jamaluddin, but some may want it to be changed to Lapangan Terbang Zambry. This may have to be decided again by the court. :p

Currently should be Lapangan Terbang Nizar Jamaluddin, but some may want it to be changed to Lapangan Terbang Zambry. This may have to be decided again by the court. :p

Currently using Sultan's nama lah !

You wanna run derhaka risk kah ? :p

Malaysia was a developing country, many infrastructure were needed. There is no doubt many of these infrastructure were built during dr m administration.

Dr m was in power for 23 years, should the improvement of country infrastructure be credited to him solely? Was dr m the only capable person to build all these? How are we compares with other developing countries e.g. China, Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, etc over a 20 years period?

SZB is named after Sultan of Selangor. KUL is a bigger and more important airport than SZB. Is dr m more important than Sultan of Selangor?

How about naming it under the party that rule the country. :p

Airport named after political leaders or whoever is pretty common around the world. I'm not against if KLIA was initially named DR M airport. But since its called KLIA changing it to DR M airport wouldnt make any difference at all. SO why bother. Also changing name cost money. Rustam so much money might as well give it to someone who needs it. Dungus.....

Malaysia was a developing country, many infrastructure were needed. There is no doubt many of these infrastructure were built during dr m administration.

Dr m was in power for 23 years, should the improvement of country infrastructure be credited to him solely? Was dr m the only capable person to build all these? How are we compares with other developing countries e.g. China, Thailand, Korea, Taiwan, etc over a 20 years period?

SZB is named after Sultan of Selangor. KUL is a bigger and more important airport than SZB. Is dr m more important than Sultan of Selangor?

did last few years got any big/major improvement to the country? besides take more money from their citizens, send someone go far-far/high-high away for a teh session....... :good:

btw, my late vote is NO way. besides, re-naming building or places sound like a memorial thingy! except they named it when the building or place was built.

Hmmm,here's the name i'm thinking for the airports around Malaysia:

Kuching-Tun Abang Openg International Airport (or Tun Salahuddin International Airport)

Sibu-Tun Zaidi Airport

Mukah-Pehin Setia Raja Airport

Bintulu-Tun Abdul Rahman Yakup Airport

Miri-Tuanku Haji Bujang Airport

Melaka-Tun Fatimah Airport (or Tun Ghafar Baba Airport)

Penang-Raja Tun Uda International Airport

Kota Kinabalu-Tun Fuad Stephens International Airport

Kuching-Tun Abang Openg International Airport (or Tun Salahuddin International Airport)

Sibu-Tun Zaidi Airport

Believe naming of township, buildings, bridge, road, etc should only reserved to exceptional persons with historical value unless one don’t believe the country will survive in the present form in 200 years from now.

In democracy, politicians volunteer themselves for election, to serve the people and country. No doubt, they contribute to the country whether positively, negatively, largely, marginally or sleepily. As a servant to the people and country, politicians should be the last persons to be named.

Sibu-Tun Zaidi Airport

My former secondary school was named after Tuanku Bujang already, should be George Chan Hong Nam Airport Muahahahahaha!!

My former secondary school was named after Tuanku Bujang already, should be George Chan Hong Nam Airport Muahahahahaha!!

Hahaha,i know that you're mentioning about Kolej Tuanku Haji Bujang Miri,rite? There's no other school using his name in Sarawak.(OT)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Hahaha,i know that you're mentioning about Kolej Tuanku Haji Bujang Miri,rite? There's no other school using his name in Sarawak.(OT)

It should be kolej tun datu tuanku haji bujang, initials ktdthb. It's long

But Miri = Georgetown already, what more you want ?! :D

Aiyoo....How can i forgot about that :rofl: :rofl:

It should be kolej tun datu tuanku haji bujang, initials ktdthb. It's long

Yup,but instead of the official name,Kolej Tuanku Haji Bujang is pronounced instead (Psst,It's Kolej Tun Datuk Patinggi Tuanku Haji Bujang)

Wah,Not bad you ooo..study at that school :good:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Believe naming of township, buildings, bridge, road, etc should only reserved to exceptional persons with historical value unless one don’t believe the country will survive in the present form in 200 years from now.

In democracy, politicians volunteer themselves for election, to serve the people and country. No doubt, they contribute to the country whether positively, negatively, largely, marginally or sleepily. As a servant to the people and country, politicians should be the last persons to be named.

I saw this coming since many years ago after they have decided to rename Subang to Sultan Aziz Shah Airport. I thought some years later they might rename KLIA to Dr. M airport, especially after his death.

I agree with you on this front, KK Lee. :drinks:

Found this...but sorry due i cannot find in english version..

"Source from UTUSAN MALAYSIA"

Sokong nama 'Mahathir' ganti KLIA

ALOR SETAR 24 Feb. - Ketua Menteri Melaka, Datuk Seri Mohd. Ali Rustam berkata, cadangan supaya Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) ditukar nama kepada Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Mahathir sebagai langkah yang cukup baik.

Bagaimanapun, kata beliau, terpulang kepada kerajaan mempertimbangkan cadangan tersebut yang mengambil sempena nama bekas Perdana Menteri, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad itu.

"Cadangan tukar nama baik, di Melaka pun kerajaan negeri memutuskan menukar nama Lapangan Terbang Batu Berendam kepada Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Melaka," katanya.

Beliau berkata demikian kepada pemberita selepas majlis pelancaran Buku Semangat Keris Melayu oleh Sultan Kedah, Tuanku Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah di sini hari ini.

Mohd. Ali mengulas laporan akhbar hari ini mengenai cadangan Majlis Bekas Wakil Rakyat Malaysia (Mubarak) supaya KLIA ditukar nama kepada Lapangan Terbang Antarabangsa Mahathir bagi menghargai sumbangan bakti Dr. Mahathir.

Hope Datuk Seri Mohd. Ali Rustam will reconsider his suggestion after watching this documentary done by Australia

Broadcasting Company.. Hope can refresh your memory about this case which happened about decades ago.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=54...r+ibrahim"" target="_blank">Click here to watch this ABC documantary