MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LeeTZ

Singapore Air Show 2010

With over 9gb of shots in 1 day, I think I'll just start with a few..

Airbus A330-200F

Airbus A330-200F

airbus332-1.jpg

Cargo Hold

airbus332-2.jpg

The Bulge

airbus332-3.jpg

Cargo Door Opened

airbus332-4.jpg

Air Baltic Q400

q400.jpg

Garuda 737-800

pkgmf.jpg

Other Civillian

Challenger 850

cl850.jpg

Falcon 7X

fal7.jpg

Piper Sports

pasports.jpg

Forgot the name of this cutie.

piganni.jpg

Military

RSAF AH64

ah64.jpg

RSAF G550

g550.jpg

USAF P3

p3.jpg

USAF F15

f15.jpg

RAAF F111

f111-2.jpg

f111.jpg

USAF KC135

kc135.jpg

After spending two days at the Singapore Airshow 2010, some of us are really tired, extremely burnt but deliriously happy with our experience. The air display notwithstanding, there is plenty to rejoice over on the ground and the following images along with those already posted represent just a teensy weensy fraction of what we shot.

Yesterday's highlight was the arrival of the Airbus A330-200F on its maiden participation in an airshow anywhere in the world. During the time it was towed to the show site, we had a field day mingling around the plane and photographing it from just about any angle. Just like two years ago when we had similar freedoms with the A380, the police and other personnel involved in the exercise paid little attention to us.

mw-SA2010-F-WWYE-2010-01-31-11Cr-A3.jpg

mw-SA2010-F-WWYE-2010-01-31-28Vr-A3.jpg

Today (1 Feb) was Media Day and we went in really early and the sun was blazing. Naturally, we made it firstly to the A330-200F again for more shots. And here's one of the nose.

mw-SA2010-F-WWYE-2010-02-01-01Cr-RM.jpg

Next to catch our attention was the Dash 8 Q400 painted in the colours of AirBaltic. Thankfully we photographed it then, for later in the day, it was moved to a tighter spot.

mw-SA2010-C-FZGL-2010-02-01-01Cr-RM.jpg

RSAF's Gulfstream G550AEW was naturally popular with us - it seems really huge and only with wide angle lenses were we able to take it all in.

mw-SA2010-016-2010-02-01-01Cr-RSAF-.jpg

This afternoon, Garuda's B737-800 arrived - and thanks to Tsen Tsan's eagle eye were we able to rush out to photograph it (once again relishing in the freedom accorded us by the police).

mw-SA2010-PK-GMF-2010-02-01-01Cr-TO.jpg

The US Navy Lockheed P-3C Orion was a popular plane too . . . for oldies like me, it reminded me of the Lockheed Electra. Here's two shots - the first one taken in the morning and the second one taken later in the afternoon.

mw-SA2010-158924-2010-02-01-01Cr-US.jpg

mw-SA2010-158924-2010-02-01-02Cr-US.jpg

A C-130J from the USAF was also nearby, catching the setting sun.

mw-SA2010-746310-2010-02-01-01Cr-US.jpg

A pair of USAF F-15s is nestled among the larger types . . . again the setting sun provided a different mood for these lethal fighters.

mw-SA2010-MO87183-2010-02-01-01Cr-U.jpg

Indisputed star of the day is the General Dynamics F-111 of the Royal Australian Air Force. Even on the ground, it proved to be a heart-stopper. The setting sun and very tolerant personnel gave us plenty to capture.

mw-SA2010-A8-138-2010-02-01-03Cr-RA.jpg

mw-SA2010-A8-138-2010-02-01-02Cr-RA.jpg

mw-SA2010-A8-138-2010-02-01-01Cr-RA.jpg

To all our friends descending on Changi for the airshow, we hope this gives us a fore-taste of what to expect . . . have a safe and pleasant trip here. See you at the show.

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Garuda Indonesia Boeing 737-800 PK-GMF

PK-GMF was delivered to Garuda Indonesia on 23 December 2009 and features GA's new cabin product. This includes individual IFE systems in both economy and business class.

PK-GMF glistening under the mid-afternoon sun wearing the carrier's new Nature's Wings livery.

PK-GMF_1-9V.jpg

PK-GMF_3-9V.jpg

The distinctive front and side profile of Boeing's bestselling narrowbody product, with more than 6,000 of them delivered in the past 43 years. Personally, I still prefer the B737-800 anytime over the A320.

PK-GMF-9V.jpg

Garuda Indonesia had opted to repeat the Nature's Wings livery on the blended wingtips as well.

PK-GMF_winglet-9V.jpg

Due to the size of the aircraft, the tow truck executed a 3-point turn at the end of the taxiway to push the B738 tail first into the static aircraft display area.

PK-GMF_2-9V.jpg

Bombardier Dash8-Q400 AirBaltic C-FZGL

Side profile of this slender prop aircraft.

C-FZGL_side-9V.jpg

A more frontal view which shows another perspective of Air Baltic's simple "Euro-white" livery.

C-FZGL-9V.jpg

The newest member of the popular Dash 8 family is powered by 2 PW150A turboprop engines.

C-FZGL_prop1-9V.jpg

With such unbelievably blue skies in the morning, it certainly gave the impression that the photo was taken in Canada rather than in Singapore!

C-FZGL_tail-9V.jpg

Well, when else to get the best capture other than the MEDIA day! Fabulous shots there.. although expecting similar style as the 2008 ones, but after seeing these, not bad at all, hope the trade pass visitors would get the full fun tomorrow onwards, and you bet I'm anticipating more shots hehehe :good: :drinks: :clapping:

Any info about the RSAF Gulfstream G550AEW? So far, the only operator i've known is Israeli Air Force (since i've seen the photo of it on A.net)

I arrive SIN on Sat 06/02 10.50am from PEN for a day trip. What's the best way for me to get the airshow ticket, if still possible? Otherwise I'll just hook up with friends for lunch and return to KUL same evening with Jetstar. Thanks.

Souvenirs are similar to what you can find at boeingstore.com , i got a few boeing stickers, and 2 pens.

There's boeing cap, but maybe u can get this at boeing counter at the airshow, including some other pins too,

There's some models too, but not full range though.. :good:

Any Boeing 787 or B748 models available? By the way, does they take accept credit card?

I arrive SIN on Sat 06/02 10.50am from PEN for a day trip. What's the best way for me to get the airshow ticket, if still possible? Otherwise I'll just hook up with friends for lunch and return to KUL same evening with Jetstar. Thanks.

bro..best if you could buy it online...i heard they're limiting tickets to 60000/day only to avoid overcrowding & you may get disappointed if its sold out...or get someone in SG to get a ticket for you...i was told they have a booth in raffles city centre selling tickets for the public day...

DB:)

Any Boeing 787 or B748 models available? By the way, does they take accept credit card?

Yes, 787 and 748 is there, but 787 doesnt have landing gear, not too sure about the 748. I think card is accepted ;)

SGD, and i cant recall hehehe, but the price is close to what they sell online at boeingstore :good:

SGD, and i cant recall hehehe, but the price is close to what they sell online at boeingstore :good:

Then I guess it should be cheaper since it's in SGD

Nice shot guys! Singapore airshow is much more better than LIMA2009!

i wonder y so many USAF aircraft participate in this airshow instead of LIMA? :( Izzit the differences btw sin and my?

Next time must go to Singapore Airshow!

Hope the photo keep on coming!

Thank you!

Ok before you guys start posting.. i have a request.. I want to see the B52 fly pass photo, because nobody posted the B52 at LIMA09!!! hehehe.. :p

bro..best if you could buy it online...i heard they're limiting tickets to 60000/day only to avoid overcrowding & you may get disappointed if its sold out...or get someone in SG to get a ticket for you...i was told they have a booth in raffles city centre selling tickets for the public day...

DB:)

Thanks for the tip, Razmyn. When I land SIN, I'd prolly look for the nearest SISTIC's ticket agent. Looks like Tampines Mall is nearest to Changi. Shall see how it goes.

Here's rather random shots from SA 2010 since a lot have been posted by HJ, TT and KC.

This is to Gav. Cockpit of the A330-200F (F-WWYE). Exactly same as the pax version except some extra switches to control temperature of the upper and lower cargo deck. According to the Airbus reps who gave us the priavte tour, she was flown to Canada on the 23rd Jan for cold-soak test and then back to Toulouse before coming to SA2010.

F-WWYE_WSSS_020210.jpg

Again highlght of the aerial display. RAAF F-111 'dump n burn'.

F-111_131_WSSS_020210.jpg

F-111_131_WSSS_020210-2.jpg

The customary seat-pitch photo onboard the G550. That's urs truly legs. :lol:

Awesome experiance looking out of those huge windows!

cabin_N550RP_WSSS_020210.jpg

USAF KC-135.

796_WSSS_020210.jpg

Iggy: B52 fly pass is going to be on the 6th FEB. First public day.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

That's for the public day show on Saturday only. I will be there, so will Pieter. :rolleyes:

That flypast is the reward for squeezing with 60,000 people on public day... :rofl:

Ok before you guys start posting.. i have a request.. I want to see the B52 fly pass photo, because nobody posted the B52 at LIMA09!!! hehehe.. :p

Haha.. cool.. will be waiting for that to happen then... B52 B52 B52!!! :yahoo:

Some photos during the A332F Cargo Door Demonstration event on Monday morning.

A concerned Airbus captain ensures that the airstairs do not damage the body of the aircraft during the docking process.

F-WWYE_docking-9V.jpg

The engine covers were removed before the demonstration to faciliate photography

F-WWYE_enginecover-9V.jpg

The prototype A332F is powered by a pair of Pratt & Withney PW4127 turbofans instead of the recommended RR Trent 700 engines.

F-WWYE_PW4127-9V-1.jpg

Main Deck Cargo Door in the open position.

F-WWYE_cargodooropen-9V.jpg

Striking red warning tabs protrudes out of the cargo door to warn the crew that the door is not locked. The tabs will automatically rotate to be flushed with the body as the locking mechanism engages.

F-WWYE_cargowarningflags-9V.jpg

One of the many Erosion Resistance Test Strips pasted on the airframe.

F-WWYE_corrosiontest-9V.jpg

Cockpit view showing the modern "glass cockpit" typical of most Airbus aircraft.

F-WWYE_cockpit-TR.jpg

The cargo area is seperated from the courier section and the cockpit by a barrier wall which is rated to 9G

F-WWYE_int1-9V.jpg

Sample cargo pallet loaded in the cargo area

F-WWYE_samplepallet-9V.jpg

Scale model showing how different types of cargo can be carried on a A330-200F.

F-WWYE_model-9V.jpg

View of the cargo area. The aftmost floor section still has a noticeable tilt despite the extensive modifications to the airframe in order to level the floor.

F-WWYE_int-9V.jpg

Great coverage guys... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Keep 'em coming. Sorry could not be there this year but these pics feels like being there. BTW anyone took a group shot?

:drinks: and enjoy the great show & wx.

Raj

That's for the public day show on Saturday only. I will be there, so will Pieter. :rolleyes:

Bro,

Will only be arriving on saturday around 11am from SGN, so will most likely miss this :(

Intend to visit the Airshow on sunday, the 7th...

Hope to see/meet you (and KC ?) on saturday-evening at the hotel, though...:)

Sorry, not high enuf, lack of enthusiasm. Should be like this ... hehehe (sorry, O/T):

img_8306.jpg

:D

OKlar... nice jump nevertheless, but why it looks soo empty at the apron? :blink: