MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LeeTZ

Singapore Air Show 2010

Juz get these email from jetstar....changes of itinerary....whoever in this flight will arrive KUL later....dont know either good news or bad news....

Jetstar is sorry to inform you that since you made your booking, your flight schedule has been changed. We understand it can be frustrating when plans change, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. While we try to avoid any changes to our timetable, in this instance it was unavoidable. The change to the schedule has been made so we can maximise our aircraft utilisation and continue to offer you everyday low fares.

Your New Itinerary

Flight Date: 06Feb10

Flight Number: 3K 684

Departing: Kuala Lumpur 08:50

Arriving: Singapore 09:45

Flight Number: 3K 687

Departing: Singapore 20:20

Arriving: Kuala Lumpur 21:15

Look out for big surprise at air show

Jermyn Chow

290110(Fri)

The Straits Times

THE aerial display at next week's Singapore Airshow, a perennial crowd-puller, will be the biggest yet, in more ways than one.

For one thing, the B-52 Stratofortress, the United States Air Force's (USAF's) largest bomber, is slated to make a surprise appearance.

For another, the aerial display will last two hours, longer than the usual 90-minute show.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/the%2BStraits%2BTimes/Story/A1Story20100129-195172.html

Edited by xtemujin

Juz get these email from jetstar....changes of itinerary....whoever in this flight will arrive KUL later....dont know either good news or bad news....

Flight Number: 3K 687

Departing: Singapore 20:20

Arriving: Kuala Lumpur 21:15

No prob for me, am on the same 3K687. Arriving same day from PEN with AK morning flight. Haven't got ticket yet. See how it goes. :)

Dejavu is the right word Waiping hahaha... :p

Juz get these email from jetstar....changes of itinerary....

Same with my SGN-SIN flight: advanced 45mins departing now 0810 iso 0855, so 45mins longer stay at SIN :yahoo:

SIN-SGN no changes...

B52 to appear on both public days ???

I think it will be the same gig like in LIMA 2009.

The USAF B52 doing a flypast only on the first day of the trade day.

HTH.

Nope. The B52 will only do a fly-by on the first day of the public day , ie on 06 Feb 09 Saturday. The aircraft doing a fly-by on the first day of the trade day ie on 02 Feb 09 Tuesday will be a Boeing C-17 Globemaster.

The aircraft involved in the flying display:-

RSAF F-16C *

RSAF AH-64D Apache Longbow *

Pilatus PC-21

USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II

KAI T-50

Eurocopter EC 130

Aermacchi M346

RAAF F-111

(*will appear together as an integrated display, somewhat like LIMA after their individual performances)

The stars of the flying display would certainly be the A-10 Thunderbolt II and the RAAF F-111 as they were truly stunning and are new to S'pore Airshow 2010.

A little preview of Singapore Air Show 2010. Full rehearsal, airspace closure from 1345 till 1530.

F-111_131_WSSS_310110-1.jpg

F-111_131_WSSS_310110-2.jpg

F-111_131_WSSS_310110.jpg

I was most impressed by the RAAF F-111 'dump n burn' even though this is the second time i see it. :yahoo:

Thanks for viewing and see you guys at the show. Cheers :)

Airbus A330-200F F-WWYE

This is also the first appearance of the A332F in the world outside Europe.

F-WWYE_pushback-9V.jpg

F-WWYE-34rearside-9V.jpg

The tagline of this remarkable aircraft - Efficient, Reliable, Profitable, which reflects what the airline cargo industry today demands.

F-WWYE_34rear-9V.jpg

Front view of the A332F showing the twin Pratt & Withney engines.

F-WWYE_front-9V.jpg

Closeup of the front of the aircraft. The "bump" is unique to the A332F, as the additional fairing is required to to raise the height at the front to create a level cabin floor in order to aid the loading of cargo on the ground.

F-WWYE_nosefront-9V.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Can trade visitors go in and out of the show? I mean like go out to take pics of the planes taxiing and then go back in to the static exhibition area.

Can trade visitors go in and out of the show? I mean like go out to take pics of the planes taxiing and then go back in to the static exhibition area.

The 'taxiway' itself is located within the restricted area next to the static exhibition area, so there is not a problem at all. However, yes it is possible to get out of the exhibition site and return if u have a trade pass, but you have to clear security twice. This is because the trade pass is a printed badge on a lanyard, and not a physical ticket.

A-10 Thunderbolt II

Despite its unique looks which had earned it the less-than-glamorous nickname 'Warthog', this powerful aircraft executed a combination of low and high speeds strafing runs which led us gaping in awe at its extreme manoevurability.

The Thunderbolt II on one of her strafing demonstrations. The aircraft would typically climb to a high altitude before diving at high speed and make a tight turn to repeat the routine in front of the plaza. The green tinge on the belly is due to the fact that the display is carried out over the Straits of Johor.

AF82652_1-9V.jpg

The A-10 executes a graceful turn showing its large straight wings and aft mounted high bypass turbofan engines. Meanwhile, a Thai Airways A333 continues its journey towards Bangkok at a higher altitude.

AF82652_2-9V.jpg

The Thunderbolt II is not the prettiest of aircraft, especially when the huge split flaps, spoilers (which double as ailerons) and the undercarriage are deployed for a slow speed flypast.

AF82652_3-9V.jpg

I will be very surprised if the PC-21 join the final line-up for the flying display. Normally the display needs to be performed and approved before "qualifying" for the flying display. To date, there is no sign of her in any of the practices AFAIK.

Nice pics Hoe Jyh and Kian Hong (were you at Carkpark 5 beach or show site?)

Xtemujim: There was a late change in the line-up for the flypast - not that we are complaining.. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My vote for Star of the show goes to the F-111. A-10 would have won it if she was permitted to fire her guns. :yahoo:

Nope. The B52 will only do a fly-by on the first day of the public day , ie on 06 Feb 09 Saturday. The aircraft doing a fly-by on the first day of the trade day ie on 02 Feb 09 Tuesday will be a Boeing C-17 Globemaster.

The aircraft involved in the flying display:-

RSAF F-16C *

RSAF AH-64D Apache Longbow *

Pilatus PC-21

USAF A-10 Thunderbolt II

KAI T-50

Eurocopter EC 130

Aermacchi M346

RAAF F-111

(*will appear together as an integrated display, somewhat like LIMA after their individual performances)

The stars of the flying display would certainly be the A-10 Thunderbolt II and the RAAF F-111 as they were truly stunning and are new to S'pore Airshow 2010.

Nice pics Hoe Jyh and Kian Hong (were you at Carkpark 5 beach or show site?)

I was at the beach near the cargo complex at the start of the coastal road with a few other jokers.

A-10 would have won it if she was permitted to fire her guns.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I went into the simulator for a look look.. but after looking at the price tag of minimum SGD155 for 15/30min cant remember the duration well.. i back out .. but bought a few boeing souvenir though hahaha... looks nice..must try if given the fact that you can afford it.. :good:

What Boeing souvenir is available for sale?

By reviewing list of aircraft for aerial display, except A-10, nothing special la, same as LIMA. Airshow now becoming less and less interesting compare to 10 - 15 years ago (i still remember how LIMA 1995 shacking Langkawi's island with both Russians & Americans)...airshows are dying because of security issues... <_>

What Boeing souvenir is available for sale?

Souvenirs are similar to what you can find at boeingstore.com , i got a few boeing stickers, and 2 pens.

There's boeing cap, but maybe u can get this at boeing counter at the airshow, including some other pins too,

There's some models too, but not full range though.. :good:

By reviewing list of aircraft for aerial display, except A-10, nothing special la, same as LIMA. Airshow now becoming less and less interesting compare to 10 - 15 years ago (i still remember how LIMA 1995 shacking Langkawi's island with both Russians & Americans)...airshows are dying because of security issues... <_>

And not to mention that there are many more airshows than say 10-15 years ago.

Well.. it would have been great if they put an SQ 380 on display alongside the a330F. Would have been best if 787 were to come, and a great feast to the eye if sukhoi superjet is there.. , if only Bahrain is nearby :p