MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LeeTZ

Singapore Air Show 2010

well. for a trade pass.. it is worth it... but in scale.. it is a far cry compared to those like farnborough, paris, dubai and the likes.. the fact is, if 787 is not coming, i am not sure what is worth looking at the airshow.. it will be exactly the same display like they have it in 2008.. but then again.. if sukhoi super jet makes a debut and also the a330F, it may be worth a look.

Oh yes.. you cant get take off and landing shots for those aerial performance.. if only ... but hey... an airshow has lots of freebies.. worth the SGD20 for that matter :drinks:

Whether it is worth the ticket price for either public or trade day is up to the individual's judgement.

But for those keen on seeing something ahead of the likes of Paris or Farnborough, Singapore Airshow 2010 will be the first event anywhere in the world where you will see the Airbus A330-200F.

This information comes from a most reliable source. I can wait to see the A330 with the mossie bite under its nose. Perhaps Mopiko can use this plane for some creative billboard advertising.

KC Sim

Any idea what will we be expecting(other commercial liners) to see besides the A330F? FOr those who didnt make it to the 2008 SingAirshow, I am sure 2010 would be a great experience and value for money too.. I'm really hoping 787 would be there, so is the sukhoijet.. :clapping:

Is it worth paying SGD 50 for one day? I mean, how's the event quality compared to big ones like Paris Air Show, Farnborough or Dubai? Thanks

SGD 50 for a day pass? thats quite expensive if u ask me...i paid USD50 for Dubai air show last month and it's valid for 5 days..

KUL/SIN with Jetstar for RM121.

Good choice, Doc; something different than AK :pardon:

I'll be there on 6th Feb. KUL/SIN with Jetstar for RM121.

Will be there for the last day of trade. KUL-SIN on Tiger, SIN-KUL on Jetstar, ~RM150. Not that shabby either! hehe

I will be there on 6th and 7th....hope to see 787 and wish to see 747-8F...

Bro travel along with family and baby? Dont forget bring your cam ea..

Wish to join some of you for this airshow,a day trip on Wednesday sound venture to me but still dont have partner to travel together.hmmmm...

My signature says it all; hope to see the 787 at the Show: will be there 07feb10 :yahoo:

Just wanted to check would it possible to travel by bus/train to Changi beach and back to Changi airport?

Also, where can I get models in Singapore?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Train/Bus from Changi Airport to Changi Village:

MRT from Changi Airport to Tanah Merah Station. Transfer to Bus no 9

Take the one bound for Cargo Complex (towards Changi Village).

Note: Bus number 2 also can but it terminates at Changi Village, need to walk a bit more to spotting location.

Models? I presume you mean diecast ones??

Hobby Focus at Far East Plaza (nearest MRT Orchard on North South Line)

Orchard Store at Hotel Grand Central Hotel (nearest MRT Somerset on North South Line)

One more shop at the Ferry Terminal for Star Cruise opposite Sentosa - the name escapes me. (nearest MRT Harbour Front on North East Line)

Cheers!

Hi,

Train/Bus from Changi Airport to Changi Village:

MRT from Changi Airport to Tanah Merah Station. Transfer to Bus no 9

Take the one bound for Cargo Complex (towards Changi Village).

Note: Bus number 2 also can but it terminates at Changi Village, need to walk a bit more to spotting location.

Cheers!

How long it take to reach the destination? just roughly its okey..

I think i may unable to spotting this time at SIN as my return flight with AK around 2000...

Thank you.

Hi!

Give yourself 45 minutes to 1 hour to be safe. But if you grab a cab, it should take less than 30 minutes to reach the airport (excluding waiting time for cab)...

Cheers!

Thanks Kwek. Would a 55 - 250mm lens sufficient to shot from there?

Ashmil, my ride back to BKI is around the same time on Sunday. So I was contemplating whether to go try my luck at the beach or hit the diecast model stores.

Cheers.

Bro..in ur case.. just hit the stores.. you can get ur shots in the departure area T1 T2 T3 provided u check in 2 hour or more earlier, since they are easier to shoot, u just need to adjust your white balance though through tinted glass.. kill two bird with one stone :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

Bro..in ur case.. just hit the stores.. you can get ur shots in the departure area T1 T2 T3 provided u check in 2 hour or more earlier, since they are easier to shoot, u just need to adjust your white balance though through tinted glass.. kill two bird with one stone :rofl:

Hi, Ignatius. The viewing hall in T2 is now accessible? I saw it was under renovation last early November. Is there any modification with regard to the T2's glass windows (something like in T3). If yes then it would waste our time spotting there and a convenient and comfortable spotting location is lost :sorry:

Could you advise a good (clear glass or open air)location in T3 in non-restricted areas?

Thanks.

Hi Nguyen,

There aren't any good spotting location in the public access areas for all the terminals.

AFAIK, there is no change to the viewing gallery situation at T3 after the renovation - unusable for photography.

What Ignatius is suggesting is to check-in early. There are good spots inside the restricted areas.

T3 (glass front near central area) for the mornings, T2 (glass front near central area) for the afternoons - both facing parts of the runway.

T1 is in a mess now - will know after the massive re-renovation.

Cheers!

Sorry Nguyen, I wasnt very specific earlier on, what Kwek says is the extend of my suggestions. Thanks Kwek hehehe :good: