MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nabiel Haniff

AirAsia Cadet Intakes 2009

FYI, my flight instructor from TUDM was a former mat rempit before he got into the Air Force.

The biggest room in this universe is room for improvement! People do change.... :drinks:

Well, that depends on how we defined mat rempit.

To me:

Mat rempit specialize in murder, rape, rob, snatch, illegal racing and the worst motorist you can find on the road(ride against the flow and so on).

Mat moto is just some youngsters who likes to ride here and there. Sometime hangout in big groups but totally harmless.

1 thing in common for a mat rempit and a pilot is probably thier coordination. And for mat rempit and airforce pilot I can add that they both risk thier lives in wat they do.Its just that mat rempit risk for no reason and airforce pilot risk for country.

Just my opinion though.

Anyway if there's any mat rempit out there wanna join cadetship, you better start follow the rules. hehe...

Spot on Khaled!

Back then mat rempit were basically harmless but menace to most motorists. Unlike mat rempit these days. Sigh!

Anyway if there's any mat rempit out there wanna join cadetship, you better start follow the rules. hehe...

Hehehe hope they not perform wheelie on the runway..until scratch rear mudguard =@

AirAsia has tarnished a very respectable Profession with just one video.... very sad. After this, ppl are just gonna think airline pilots are womanisers and money hungry individuals. This profession (or what is left of it) used to be a very respectable one. And the ppl in this profession do it for the love of the flying as a Professional. The girls, money and whatever, all came 2nd. Pilots use to reflect a professional image especially while at work. Nowadays, u've got LCC trying to make this job hip. Nothing wrong with being hip, but dont spoil a respectable profession just because you wanna be cool. This PROFESSION does NOT need any pretenders.....

i am 100% agree..

It is hard to find pilot's nowadays that truly love aviation , most individuals just go to work and go home .... You'll be surprised at the quality of young pilots these days

Agreed..some of them actually..join it..maybe they think..its better then being unemployed person :cray:

Don't know about AK, but at MH, you don't get thru the simulator and line training phase if you have an attitude problem.

What Dante and Khaled wrote before, I totally agree.....

Just read the Tony Fernandez blog..

You wanna to be a Pilot? Here's what he stated on his blog about the inaugural flight to London.

"Now, on to another subject. From the time the blog was launched, there’s been lots of questions on how to be a pilot, will you take me as a pilot, etc. Everyone, it seems, wants to be a pilot with AirAsia.

Well, here's the deal. The AirAsia blog will soon launch a competition and from the entries, we'll pick 10 qualified winners and give them an opportunity to become an AirAsia pilot"...

AirAsia has tarnished a very respectable Profession with just one video.... very sad. After this, ppl are just gonna think airline pilots are womanisers and money hungry individuals. This profession (or what is left of it) used to be a very respectable one. And the ppl in this profession do it for the love of the flying as a Professional. The girls, money and whatever, all came 2nd. Pilots use to reflect a professional image especially while at work. Nowadays, u've got LCC trying to make this job hip. Nothing wrong with being hip, but dont spoil a respectable profession just because you wanna be cool. This PROFESSION does NOT need any pretenders.....

It's just a joke. I doubt it's meant to tarnish the profession. I mean, I've read somewhere that Southwest Airlines told the prospective pilots that they're interviewing to change from the normal uniform to shorts. No harm done...

Any M'Wingers received mail from AK which invite you to sit for the 1st stage test (Cadet pilot recruitment)??

It's just a joke. I doubt it's meant to tarnish the profession. I mean, I've read somewhere that Southwest Airlines told the prospective pilots that they're interviewing to change from the normal uniform to shorts. No harm done...

Wearing shorts and AK's video is 2 different thing. Pilots in Maldives flying the float otter wearing shorts.

Good luck with the interview to those selected!

For those who are going for the test, don't forget to stop by weather station or observation hill to spot before heading back.. :yahoo:

*Also make sure that you statisfied your gastronomical needs before going for the test as the test would probably takes about five hours with short break in between..All the best and strive for the best. :clapping:

Edited by Li Ren

I am surprised this topic didn't get bumped up , with the recent intake , but anyway , for those taking their psychomotor test this morning , all the best .

If you make it , its going to be a great experience with the new MPL course .

All the best !

Too concentrate on the 'games',so didn't notice you...After the games,ends up with both sweating hands. :lol:

Setup quit okay but it is better to play it in dark

Edited by Li Ren

Thanks you Gavin..I think it is impossible to crash that plane unless you did it intentionally. I think it is impossible to answer every question as there is too many things to concentrate on.

Btw,you tried it?? :D

Edited by Li Ren