MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nabiel Haniff

AirAsia Cadet Intakes 2009

Guys,

Requirements

• Malaysian citizen, aged between 18 and 28 as at date of application.

• Either:

(a)Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and Mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or

(B) Possess a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science-related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above and at SPM level scored at least a B4 in the subjects mentioned above taken in one sitting.

• Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia both written and spoken.

• Must be physically and mentally fit with good eyesight (visual acuity of at least 6/36 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6 and not colour blind. Should be able to successfully pass a medical examination up to a Class 1 standard conducted by a Department of Civil Aviation Authorised Medical Examiner (DAME).

• Minimum height of 163 cm (5ft 3in).

• Be prepared to sign a training bond with a surety.

Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

visit this wesite for more detail AirAsia Website

Just apply for it online. .

Just wandering when will be the dead line ? They did not stat it. .

And some people at other forum says that there are problem with their system

I think they required cadet with 1st class medical certificate and hold type rating on B737,A320 fleet as I

couldn't proceed to the next registration stage with none of the requirement above.

I think they required cadet with 1st class medical certificate and hold type rating on B737,A320 fleet as I

couldn't proceed to the next registration stage with none of the requirement above.

But the title is 'cadet' pilot.

If they require the type rating, it shall be for direct intake

Sorry as I couldn't upload the picture that I have grabbed so I copy & paste it here.Below is what I get: :pardon:

Questionnaires

1. Are you available for employment in the next three (3) months?

Yes No

2. Can you submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation from any individuals who can attest to your flying skills by having observed them over a sustained period of time?

Yes No

3. Do you have a current Class 1 medical certificate?

Yes No

4. Do you hold any type rating on the following:-

4a. Boeing 737-300/400/NG

Yes No

4b. Airbus 319/320/321

Yes No

haaa already type rated??? :blink: they actually doesn't have PPL yet..apa la soalan (wht kind of question)

thats wht the reason joining cadet instead applying the direct post entitled as..

FYI: Type rating course also cost around RM150K..

Edited by Aiman

Just now when i visited their home page, they already removed the ''Cadet Pilot'' position .. ... :pardon: Edited by Li Ren

Just now when i visited their home page, they already removed the ''Cadet Pilot'' position .. ... :pardon:

It is not removed . But it is now at the 'other' section.

The system is correct now. Everyone can start to send their application

Good luck to everyone including me :drinks:

It is not removed . But it is now at the 'other' section.

The system is correct now. Everyone can start to send their application

Good luck to everyone including me :drinks:

to where?

to where?

To another section called ' other' section. . I am not trying to fool you all. The section 's name is 'other'

Others Position

I need to wait for SPM result right? :(

Yeah, that's their minimum requirement

arts stream??!! biar betul?

Betul la!

Artstream memang boleh.kena ada subject science...

YES!,

Art stream definitely can but science subject is compulsory

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

i'm wondering do i need to include about i have DCA approval letter and class 1 medical cert? :drinks:

yup..

me too.

Anyone can help us?

Do i need to send DCA approval letter first and go for medical test first before apply ?

If you want to get a class-1 medical cert, one place I can recommend is Klinik Medi-Utama in Shah Alam.

If you want to get a class-1 medical cert, one place I can recommend is Klinik Medi-Utama in Shah Alam.

How bout the course?

DO i need to go for medical check before my result?

how long to get the result for medical test?

Not so sure about AK's procedure, but normally you will have to do your medical check-up just before you go to the training school. Meaning, after you are selected as a cadet. So if you're just about to apply as a cadet, don't worry about your medical yet. Unless, of course, if you're missing an eye or a leg....

For MH, first you apply as a cadet pilot. Then you'll have to pass the aptitude test, psychomotor test, interview..... The medical is among the last item. Clear them all and off to the flying school you go. Maybe the newer guys can tell what is the exact procedure nowadays. BTW remember that among applicants the passing rate is maybe around 1 to 2 %. But if you pass that hurdle and get to go to the flying school, your chance of surviving is good, around 80-90%.

Cheers.

I undergo my medical check over there... :drinks: