MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
LeeTZ

Kuching Intl Airport (KCH - WBGG) Year 2009

They've send their Super Puma's before, now Chinook.. so I wonder when can I see an AH-64D doing similar transits?? hehehe.. nice stuff Rayner.. I am so lazy into taking pics nowadays.. B)

Cessna 340A (N98560)

Anybody spotted her at KCH? I've seen the aircraft in 'Berita Wilayah' from Sarawak (Can't remember either on Sunday or yesterday).This aircraft was involved with cloud seeding.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Cessna 340A (N98560)

Anybody spotted her at KCH? I've seen the aircraft in 'Berita Wilayah' from Sarawak (Can't remember either on Sunday or yesterday).This aircraft was involved with cloud seeding.

Spotted her at SZB last month..thought its just a normal aircraft. Thanks for the cloud seeding info :drinks:

We've not seen her yet, but we've heard her hehehe.. anyways.. I am loosing my spotting hardcoreness.. :huh:

Aviation Academy to be operational early next year

KUCHING: The Malaysian Aviation Academy in Sepang will begin operations early next year, offering courses in air traffic control management and other related subjects.

Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) director-general Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said facilities at the RM40mil academy had just been completed while a RM35mil air traffic control simulator was in the process of being installed.

“We have a number of classrooms, lecture halls and an auditorium. It will be operational by early next year,” he told reporters after presenting a DCA-approved maintenance organisation award to Hornbill Skyways Sdn Bhd on Friday.

Azharuddin said the subjects offered at the academy are air control management, aviation safety, airworthiness, and engineering and flight operations safety.

“The courses are aimed at professionals who are already in the industry,” he said.

On the award to Hornbill Skyways, a Sarawak-based aviation company, he said it allowed it to maintain its own aircraft besides offering maintenance services to other operators.

Stating that Hornbill Skyways had complied with DCA’s requirements of airworthiness notice, he added that the DCA would audit the company once a year.

Hornbill Skyways executive chairman Aidan Wing said the award was a sign of DCA’s confidence in the company.

“We have been working for this since 2005 and we achieved it thanks to a coordinated effort from our engineering and management team,” he said, adding that Hornbill Skyways was now looking at the viability of expanding its fleet to include larger aircraft to fly from Kuching to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and locations within Sarawak.

Wing envisaged many events taking place in the state which may need the services of more aircraft to ferry people and investors from Kuching to Bintulu, Tanjung Manis and Mukah or back to Kuala Lumpur,” he said. Hornbill Skyways currently has a fleet of 10 helicopters and two fixed-wing aircraft.

taken from skyscrapercity...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

I want embraer!!! 170 or 190 hehehe..

I want embraer!!! 170 or 190 hehehe..

Good choice: KLC is very happy with the 190 !!!

Maybelah.. since MH BUs is always BUSTED :p

spotted a Embraer Legacy 600 taxing to take off around 1:30 pm-ish. was bearing indonesian flag ... any idea why it was there ? :)

Guest novemberion

aiyo!!!the road heading to the spotting area near runway 07 is already blocked..

That concludes the final chapter for Kuching spotting.. :finger:

This thread has been sleeping for a long time now...so now, it's time to wake her up... :drinks:

Yesterday 1 hour traffic with me spotting alone... :pardon:

1st to come at 1155...Quebac November

DSCF1183.jpg

1215...Truly ASEAN... :good:

DSCF1194.jpg

1220...Batavia Air...PK-YTU

DSCF1195.jpg

Then 1230, change place to cargo apron...

1245...going to KUL...

DSCF1200.jpg

5 minutes later...delayed MH 2507

DSCF1205.jpg

That's all, will update more if i can motivate myself for spotting at this Most Boring International Airport In Malaysia... :)

Haha.. nice nice.. but u missed the RC formation flights at the other airport :p

rayner...... :diablo:

someone is missing at home lah..... :aggressive:

:p

You still working at that time la bro, how to ask you to go spotting when you still working?...later the boss get angry, apa jadi? :huh:

Next time buzz me early if you free for spotting, got a new spotting place to show you :)

Haha.. nice nice.. but u missed the RC formation flights at the other airport :p

Aiya...it's your fault la didn't pick me up to go there...left me alone spotting here... :aggressive: :drinks:

Edited by rayner

Went for a short spotting this morning for a special ferry flight...

Before that...

A sneak pick on what's going on at the RMAF base...looks like they got a special and BIG delivery to be send somewhere :pardon:

DSCF1247.jpg

Doktor Terbang/Flying Doctor ?

DSCF1243.jpg

DSCF1246.jpg

And finally the finale...MASwings 5th brand new ATR 72-500...9M-MWE aka MUKAH :good:

Taken during its proving flight to Mulu after nite stoping in KCH, arrived yesterday afternoon from SZB.

Welcome to Borneo, MUKAH :clapping:

DSCF1252.jpg

Back track for Alpha 3 runway 07 depature to Mulu...

DSCF1258.jpg

MWE is the second ATR to be given name after MWB aka Kinabalu...all 10 ATRs will be given names of city/town in Sabah and Sarawak when all MASwings ATR are fully in service... :good:

Thanks to Nick for the arrival info, LeeTZ for the depature info and Tamizi for MWE name info... :drinks:

Wah.. so nice of you to infiltrate runway 07 zone again, I wonder what benda haram they are cargo-ing to?(kuih lapis again?).. lovely Mukah too.. :good:

Wonderful,Rayner! :clapping:

You're most welcome,and hope all of the MASwings ATRs will be renamed as soon as possible :rolleyes:

new%20maswing2.jpg

MASwings takes delivery of fifth ATR

KUCHING: MASwings recently took delivery of its fifth ATR 72-500 and is confident the new addition to its fleet will further reinforce its commitment to better serve the people in East Malaysia.

MASwings managing director Mohamad Salleh Ahmad Tabrani said the delivery of the ATR means the company is better equipped to inject a better level of service, more flight frequencies and added capacity to the existing MASwings network in Sabah and Sarawak.

The fifth ATR is one of the 10 modern, fuel-efficient and environment-friendly ATRs MASwings has and will acquire to replace its ageing F-50 aircraft.

The fleet replacement plan will transform and redefine the rural air service business, which in the past was characterised, amongst others, by ageing aircraft, sub-standard facilities and limited frequencies.

The aircraft, bearing the registration number 9M-MWE, departed Toulouse on Aug 28, 2009 and made several stops in Paphos, Abu Dhabi and Male, before arriving safely at Subang Airport on National Day.

The aircraft was then certified airworthy by the Department of Civil Aviation last Friday (Sept 4).

It will undergo several maintenance tests at Subang Airport for a week to ensure it is perfectly fit to enter commercial service.

The aircraft will be based in Miri and is expected to commence commercial service effective Sept 15.

On the fleet replacement plan, Salleh said MASwings is progressing with certainty and it was very encouraging to note that MASwings has successfully crossed the halfway mark following the fifth delivery with another five in the pipeline.

“MASwings is poised to continue with the replacement plan despite the difficult period faced by many airlines during this depressing economic condition” he said, adding the ATR 72 will take MASwings to the next level of business progression and pave the way for further operational and business expansion.

MASwings took delivery of the first ATR in August 2008 and subsequently in March, May and July 2009.

All five ATRs were named after the cities and coastal towns of Sabah and Sarawak namely Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Mulu, Sandakan and Mukah as per delivery sequence.

“We are enjoying good customer patronisation on our ATR flights with an average load factor of 65 per cent and in the coming month we expect the load factor to be even higher as we move into the traditionally high demand period at the end of the year,” he said.

Salleh added that MASwings is expected to take delivery of another five ATRs gradually until the end of next April, to replace all eight F-50 aircraft and bringing the total of aircraft under its wings to 14 — 10 ATRs and four Twin Otters.

The delivery dates for the remaining ATRs are next month, December 2009, February 2010, March 2010 and April 2010.

“MASwings is very much on track with our fleet replacement programme to replace all eight F50s with brand new 10 ATR72-500 by April 2010, reflecting our full commitment in ensuring our product and services will be continuously upgraded for the benefit of air travellers in Sabah and Sarawak” said Salleh.

ATR is a state-of-the-art aircraft with the highest standards of comfort.

Its advanced six-blade propellers provide remarkably low noise levels, are compliant with noise regulations and have a large margin with regard to Chapter IV (ICAO) noise regulations.

The ‘-500 series’ also features the lowest fuel consumption per passenger and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions of regional aviation, thus contributing to make ATR the ‘Green Player’ of regional aviation.

With ATR, MASwings will also be able to deliver a new level of on-board comfort and services to the travelling public with a comfortable, spacious cabin and added in-flight entertainment.

The in-flight entertainment is operated with drop off mechanism and equipped with 20 LCD screens spread throughout the cabin.

Amongst the added advantage on the ATR are the 31-inch seat pitches with more legroom, stretcher facilities, baggage allowance of 20kg, and hot meals served on Business Class.

The 10 ATR72-500 represent a major capital investment of more than RM700 million by Malaysia Airlines and MASwings.

MASwings phased out one F-50 in July 2009 and the remaining seven aircraft will be phased out in stages by March 2010.

In line with the progressive delivery of ATRs, MASwings is undertaking the recruitment and retraining exercise to beef up operational crew members to man and operate the expanding ATR fleet.

MASwings has recruited 10 pilots and 10 cabin crew respectively to cope with this additional requirement.

In addition, a total of 60 pilots have completed their conversion training from F50/DHT to ATR and another 20 pilots are expected to complete their conversion by the end of the year, bringing a total of 80 pilots being able to operate the 10 ATR by April 2010.

“I am happy to note that we have progressed significantly within this short period as we move towards our second anniversary. Perhaps, our next move is to explore the business potential outside Malaysia ideally in the Brunei-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East Asia Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA), which is within the flight range of our new ATR 72-500,” said Salleh.

...taken from Borneo Post

Update...update...from the most boring international airport in Malaysia... :(

Once in a blue moon flight...sorry about the cut off...too excited to see her again in KCH :rolleyes:

Tri pa...Se ben...MH 2510

DSCF1297.jpg

After that...VH-ATOm Ant...

DSCF1302.jpg

Golf Delta...counting its days before retiring... :cray:

DSCF1306.jpg

Then, off to the cargo apron for the take off...

DSCF1317.jpg

Mr Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn was here also...

DSCF1326.jpg

Mr Dalsey, Hillblom and Lynn with earrings? :pardon:

DSCF1335.jpg

Thanks for viewing and Happy Malaysia Day everyone... :drinks:

Edited by rayner