MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

Allocated seating finally comes to AirAsia!

Now you can pick your favorite seat when you fly with us!

You don't have to worry about rushing for your favorite spot on board anymore.

Pick A Seat allows you to assign your seats and choose from Hot or Standard Seats. Now, you can board first and enjoy extra legroom with Hot Seats or keep your travel party together with Standard Seats.

You’re guaranteed the seat of choice with Pick A Seat!

HOT SEAT: RM25, Standard SEAT : RM5

visual_pickaseat.gif

I believe, even if you don't choose to pay for a standard seat or a hot seat, u still be assigned seats. All HOT seats will be boarding the aircraft first.

Actually when I booked with AK / D7, I could already assign my own seats with a fee back in June 2008. :huh:

Yup AKX model - RM25 normal seat reservation, RM100 for bigger legroom seat. But for Pacific Blue and JetStar, can book normal seat for free, pay only for better seat, same with jetBlue.

Seems like those who've bought hot seats options will be given priority boarding.

8. How will Pick A Seat affect guests who have purchased Xpress boarding?

Guests will be notified of our new service via email. A Hot Seat will be automatically assigned to you or you may contact us to request for a seat of your choice.

Does this apply to ALL Airasia flights or only Airasia X flights? Are hot seats the ones in red?

Edited by Jonathan Kong

this is lame, ive been observing the flight ticket from Perth to KUL. i have to assigned my seat just to know how much the total for flight fares.

so this been going on quite a while now. since last year if im not mistaken. in it was an AirAsia X

this is lame, ive been observing the flight ticket from Perth to KUL. i have to assigned my seat just to know how much the total for flight fares.

so this been going on quite a while now. since last year if im not mistaken. in it was an AirAsia X

Min, it used to be only for the AirAsia X seats (PER,OOL,MEL,HGH,STN).

NOW all flights (AK,QZ,FD,D7) can choose seats. Yes also for QZ and FD, you can try booking QZ and FD exclusive routes and be given an option to choose seat albeit travelling on 737. I think the illustration is just an example if it is on the a320.

All Hot seats ppl will be boarded early. Those who have already purchased xpres boarding earlier will be given hot seats (or call to choose ur seats). Is the implementation immediately (as in today?). If you are travelling airasia today, let us know.

Edited by Azri M.

Hi guys,

I received an e-mail from AK regarding my BKI - PEN flight in April. The ticket I bought for my mum and since I choose express boarding I am entitled to select a seat by going online and make changes in my travel itinerary. Neat!

I believe, even if you don't choose to pay for a standard seat or a hot seat, u still be assigned seats. All HOT seats will be boarding the aircraft first.

do you mean even if we din purchase any type of seat(continue without select seat),we still will be assigned when we check in?

n we will board the plane same time with those who purchase standard seat after express boarding/senior/hot seat ?

Edited by prosibu

do you mean even if we din purchase any type of seat(continue without select seat),we still will be assigned when we check in?

n we will board the plane same time with those who purchase standard seat after express boarding/senior/hot seat ?

yes it should be the case, following the AirAsia X style.

yes it should be the case, following the AirAsia X style. Those who buy the hot seat will board first then the senior (or together). then the others.

wouldnt this increase boarding time ? (and turn around time)

without preassigned seating passengers will more be more likely to just "sit down" than waste time looking for the seat and blocking people at the back.

Just to share something from a traveler from SouthWest airlines. The guy told me when you walk up to check in, they'll give you what he called a "cattle tag". Say you are no.30. When it's time to board the plane, they will call for, say 20 at a time. You just wait for you turn. No assigned seats, but assigned queue. I believe 3K also used the same method to board but have assigned seats.

Assigned seat is not a perfect solution because even with assigned seat, people still rush to board the plane because no assigned luggage compartment!

Assigned seat is not a perfect solution because even with assigned seat, people still rush to board the plane because no assigned luggage compartment!

very good point....

Nowadays all people just want to hand carry instead of cargo...

few points to ponder

1. if i booked a seat, am i going to board first? then i no need to by express boarding

2. if i booked seat and no priority boarding, how to ensure no one will take my seat if i board with other pax? ( helo brader, this is my seat)

possible solution= tiger airways style ( all pax got assigned seat, to be given during checking in.. i've got seat 1A even hav to bought it online) BUT it defeat LCC business model

Sign in to follow this