MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

Royal Thai Air Force Open Day 2009,Don Muang.

09/01/2010 I hope :pardon:

Many thanks to uncle for correct me, that's my mistake.

In 2010 RTAF open house @ DMK will be 09/01/2010.

(I hope it on civil side @ cargo apron again)

Edited by Prompong J.

Is that Mr Quack , 4th from the right ?

Gavin, so sweet of you to recognise our carpark aunty after all these time .. . too bad she wasn't caught applying her suntan lotion again. Jonathan, you picture has become a classic.

KC Sim

Yup...just like Prompong said.Childrens Day falls every second Saturday of January every year.Lots of military bases actually opens for public.At this same day,U-Taphao Navy base also opened for the public to display some aircraft flown by the Thai Navy including the AV-8S Matador,A-7 Corsair and the P-3 Orion.But its too far away for me lah!!

Anyway,after the display,the pair landed and rolled to the end of rwy 21R.

RTAF-F16A-Roll-mfi.jpg

..fuhh its high noon with heat haze!!

Taxi out and park in front of the huge crowd there..

RTAF-F16A-Taxi-mfi-mw.jpg

RTAF-F16A-Taxi-mfi2-mw.jpg

..the leader with the reflective canopy.

Here is No 2..

RTAF-F16A-Taxi-mfi3-mw.jpg

..when this pair came and approach the flt line,they make a helluva noise..sounds like a huge vacuum cleaner...can surely damage ur hearing if exposed for too long!! :o

Both parked before they return to base.

RTAF-F16A-Prk-mfi-mw.jpg

RTAF-F16A-Prk-mfi2-mw.jpg

Here's a close up of the nose section of No2..belong to Wing Cdr 'Specter'

RTAF-F16A-Nose-mfi-mw.jpg

..and with that,I end my photo report of the RTAF Open Day 2009.Although it was a much subdued event compared to previous years(they used to stage mock dogfight at low altitude!!),it was fun nevertheless for me.Hope you guys enjoyed it...and Prompong and Quak,feel free to share your shots here as well.Until next year then...hopefully the Gripen!!

Next from us (me,Bats and Razmyn)will be Al Ain Airshow 2009!!Watch this space!!! :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Faridz, really nice coverage of the RTAF Open Day. :clapping:

RTAF does a good job in keeping their 'antic' prop in good condition and flyable, not to mention the modification they made to those aircraft (ejection seats etc). can't wait for your coverage of the up coming event, Al Ain Airshow. =@

Faridz, really nice coverage of the RTAF Open Day. :clapping:

RTAF does a good job in keeping their 'antic' prop in good condition and flyable, not to mention the modification they made to those aircraft (ejection seats etc). can't wait for your coverage of the up coming event, Al Ain Airshow. =@

Tks Victor.Yeah,after I finish filtering a total of about 5100 shots of the airshow and once time permits.Kwek,nice shot of the F-5E in closeups!!Shud post some more!! :clapping:

Kwek,

Where did they put the serials on the Huey, as nothing visible on tailboom or nose ? :huh:

Kwek,

Where did they put the serials on the Huey, as nothing visible on tailboom or nose ? :huh:

serials "20318" visible (in THAI numeric number) on the nose of huey.

serials "20318" visible (in THAI numeric number) on the nose of huey.

Thanks a lot, Prompong...thought this was text :sorry: :sorry: