MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
togepy yeong

Malaysia Airlines 777 & A330 at Langkawi recently

Why MAS are stopping over at Langkawi recently (12th & 13th Jan) for their flights to Shanghai Pudong?

Special group movement to and from LGK from China.

Special group movement to and from LGK from China.

It is a seasonal charter flight by travel agent or big organization company Capt??

My dad was is one of the plane coming back from Pudong. He was one UNHAPPY pax to be told that the plane had a stopover in LGK. He told me it was full with pax for a tour company but most in Y so he can't tell from which tour group or company.

We were operating charter flights from Langkawi to Pudong, Shanghai on 12th & 13th January 2008.

All passengers who purchased their tickets directly from us, and related travel agencies were informed in advance of the flight's route, Kuala Lumpur-Langkawi-Pudong as well as the return leg, Pudong-Langkawi-Kuala Lumpur.

As we do not have the contact details of passengers who purchased their air tickets from travel agents, the onus is on the travel agents to ensure that their customers were kept informed of the developments.

We encourage passengers who buy their tickets directly from travel agents to provide us with their contact details to enable us to keep them informed of any changes.

Dato' Tajuden Abu Bakar

Director of Operations

Malaysia Airlines

Media Relations Executive hard at work there ...

Gav.... You should happy then...

mwings site now is one of their media to collect and give information to most users and aviation's geek :)

Dato' Tajuden Abu Bakar

Director of Operations

Malaysia Airlines

For real? Wow. I'm completely flabbergasted that someone big from our beloved carrier is reading (and replying) to our dear forum... :)

Thanks Dato', and do keep reading. :cheers:

Off-topic discussion:

This member "Malaysia Airlines" seems to be the PR department of MAS, not necessarily one person but acting as a voice of the company. See this member's post here.

Off-topic discussion:

This member "Malaysia Airlines" seems to be the PR department of MAS, not necessarily one person but acting as a voice of the company. See this member's post here.

With Malaysia Airlines as a member this is the only official voice of MH in MW.

Which is why while I may lean towards MH's side, especially when the comments are against the person rather than against the Organisation, and some were downright insulting and sweeping,

I am here as an Aviation enthusiast first and foremost.

I am sure those who are working with MH, like Capt Radzi, F/O Khaled are of the same mind.

Yeah, I totally agree with you capt Nik. As an Aviation Enthusiast, first and foremost.

I'm glad that he's here, and glad that you guys from the carrier are here as well, who may speak on behalf of MH and sharing your views as the people behind the company. :drinks:

With Malaysia Airlines as a member this is the only official voice of MH in MW.

Which is why while I may lean towards MH's side, especially when the comments are against the person rather than against the Organisation, and some were downright insulting and sweeping,

I am here as an Aviation enthusiast first and foremost.

I am sure those who are working with MH, like Capt Radzi, F/O Khaled are of the same mind.

For balance then as aviation enthusiasts don't you think we should also get AK on board?

For balance then as aviation enthusiasts don't you think we should also get AK on board?

And why should AK need an invitation to be on board? Its only a matter of registering as Air_Asia to be an official voice here.

And if I recall correctly, Dato' TF is already registered. Are his views personal or official?

And why should AK need an invitation to be on board? Its only a matter of registering as Air_Asia to be an official voice here.

And if I recall correctly, Dato' TF is already registered. Are his views personal or official?

Dato' TF would be like having Idris Jala sign on. Also whilst Dato TF interests are in and for AK, I think firstly he's a true aviation enthusiast, that might be his original purpose for signing on. Thats my feelings on the matter, his blog posts on his experiences traveling SQ, him going to Europe and being excited about LCC models in Europe, he got into the aviation business out of his choice, unlike IJ who was hand picked by khazanah.

Anyways, as we see from Malaysia Airlines, the posts are from a number of different people. In all fairness, not what i would call balanced views since Dato' TF is just one man, not a whole communications department. It would be good for balance, it would be bring a fresh perspective. Someone should email AK communications unit, I've experienced AK corporate people before, they're quite easy going and approachable.

Edited by Mohd. Helmi

Sign in to follow this