MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Khalil Abd Halim

Firefly To Kerteh 12/01/09

2 FY's Flights to TRENGGANU..

Next after fly to KTE from SZB, maybe they can do for SZB - Gong Kedak as the second destination served in the state after Kota Bharu..

Edited by Nabiel Haniff

2 FY's Flights to TRENGGANU..

Next after fly to KTE from SZB, maybe they can do for SZB - Gong Kedak as the second destination served in the state after Kota Bharu..

Gong Kedak is a pure military base, so don't count too much of it. But of course, it is not impossible technically.

Kertih is a good idea, so is IPH and MKZ as pax volume won't justify bigger aircraft for now.

OT: Anybody notice there are no entries from Kertih for both Airliners.net and Jetphotos.net? Who wants to be the first?

Edited by Radzi

Gong Kedak is a pure military base, so don't count too much of it. But of course, it is not impossible technically.

Kertih is a good idea, so is IPH and MKZ as pax volume won't justify bigger aircraft for now.

OT: Anybody notice there are no entries from Kertih for both Airliners.net and Jetphotos.net? Who wants to be the first?

YEa..I realize too there no picture so far at a.net from Kertih airport...emm what aircraft we may see beside MHS helis and 9M-STM??

SZB to LGK was always seasonal, usually during school holidays but it seems that it has not been reinstated for the nex holidays.

ewww~~~i thought this route is "permanent"...

Rumour: FY planned new routes/destinations

From SZB

SZB-SIN

SZB-BTH (Batam)

SZB-Pangkal Pinang (Bangka Belitung, Indonesia)

From PEN

PEN-JHB

PEN-SIN

PEN-Hua Hin (Thailand)

PEN-Krabi (Thailand)

From SIN

SIN-TGG

SIN-IPH

SIN-Melaka

Great news for FY if materialised. A new hub in SIN!

*Source: FY insider

Paya Lebar is out! it's predominately Military - in fact IT IS military, but with restricted civillian ops for ST Aero Engineering facility.

If Firefly were to be flying into Singapore, I would ASSUME it would operate out of Seletar. The airport is the second civilian (CAAS) operated airport and is undergoing numerous upgrading works including the lengthening of the runway by 250m and incorporation of an ILS for RWY 21. HOWEVER, lacking at WSSL are large enough terminal facilities. The present terminal (And carpark) are VERY small. The apron can get pretty crowded also. We wait and see.

Paya Lebar is out! it's predominately Military - in fact IT IS military, but with restricted civillian ops for ST Aero Engineering facility.

If Firefly were to be flying into Singapore, I would ASSUME it would operate out of Seletar. The airport is the second civilian (CAAS) operated airport and is undergoing numerous upgrading works including the lengthening of the runway by 250m and incorporation of an ILS for RWY 21. HOWEVER, lacking at WSSL are large enough terminal facilities. The present terminal (And carpark) are VERY small. The apron can get pretty crowded also. We wait and see.

Another neccessary improvement would be sufficient access to public transport at XSP.

At the moment there´s not even a local bus service within reasonable walking distance.

Only taxis are availlable - and as i experienced by myself - demand easily surpasses supply !

So, better order one before arrival at XSP to avoid getting "stranded" for some time ...

Another neccessary improvement would be sufficient access to public transport at XSP.

At the moment there´s not even a local bus service within reasonable walking distance.

Only taxis are availlable - and as i experienced by myself - demand easily surpasses supply !

So, better order one before arrival at XSP to avoid getting "stranded" for some time ...

SBS Transit operates service 103M from Serangoon Interchange to Seletar West Camp and calls at the bus stop just outside the terminal building daily. The frequency is a bit cranky but the schedules are published online at www.sbstransit.com.sg and estimated arrival time plates are also bolted onto the bus stop poles along the route. In general the timings are mainly during the morning and evening peak periods, as well as lunch time (when the 2 Berjaya Air flights arrive and depart). Thus, if FY were to start services to XSP for real, I'm sure SBST would increase the number of trips to XSP based on the arrival timings of these flights.

However, I'm definitely welcome to the idea of Firefly operating direct out of Seletar....its pretty much comatose for much of the day except for the YFC and SFC training flights so I doubt terminal capacity would be that much of an issue - yet.

Anybody know the arrival and departure time of FY in Kerteh? And is the light operates every day?

I might be passing near the area later this month, so maybe I can do some spotting in Kerteh.

Capt, 2 flights a day on certain days ( i think Mon, Tue, Thurs)

Morning 'Rubber Tapper' Flight - FY 2002 06:30 AM (SZB) 07:30 AM (KTE)

Evening Flight: FY 2006 05:00 PM (SZB) 06:00 PM (KTE)

KTE to SZB

FY 2003 07:50 AM (KTE) 08:50 AM (SZB)

FY 2007 06:20 PM (KTE) 07:20 PM (SZB)

Anybody know the arrival and departure time of FY in Kerteh? And is the light operates every day?

I might be passing near the area later this month, so maybe I can do some spotting in Kerteh.

Capt,

advice me when you are in Kerteh however..........myself,

05 Mar KUL - EWR

14 Mar EWR - KUL - KTN

will be in country till 14th Apr.

45 of the seats on Firefly ATR to Kerteh has been chartered by Petronas and ExxonMobil. My dad flew on it every week to Kerteh now if he has to go to offshore not on schedule. If on schedule, he will take the MHS Aviation Fixwings 9M-STM.

Firefly to Kerteh flight is not everyday. They don't have weekend flight. My dad flight from SZB usually around 6:20AM and took one hour to Kerteh.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Sign in to follow this